Steelers undecided on Miller playing Sunday
Heath Miller went through his third straight full day of practice Friday, but the Steelers will wait at least another 24 hours before making a final determination on the veteran tight end's availability for Sunday night's game against Chicago at Heinz Field.
However, taking part in practice on Friday is usually a good indication of a player's availability for the upcoming game.
“(Friday is the) last chance to see what you can do,” Miller said following practice today. “We will see how it reacts tomorrow and go from there.”
Miller has been out since having two ligaments repaired in his right knee in December. He is officially listed as probable.
Miller said he had no discomfort following his first two practices, including Thursday ,when he participated in live one-on-one blocking drills after practice.
“It will be a decision they make tomorrow based on the week's work,” Miller said.
Miller said if he does play Sunday to “not expect him to be in mid-season form.”
Miller had 71 catches and 8 touchdowns last year. Steelers tight ends have only 4 catches for 60 yards through two games this year.
Also, Le'Veon Bell also went through his second straight day of full practice, but likely won't play Sunday against the Bears. Cornerback Cortez Allen did not participate and won't play Sunday. Allen is officially out and Bell is questionable.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- QB Smith is chief concern for Steelers’ defense
- Steelers notebook: Brown leads WRs in Pro Bowl voting, Bell 2nd at RB
- Steelers lookahead: Chiefs’ Charles injured but remains dangerous threat
- Steelers offense finding an unprecedented balance when it counts
- Steelers secondary hopes to carry its weight
- Injury-thinned Steelers linebackers corps stands tall in win over Falcons
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin unaware of mumps outbreak in NHL
- Steelers hold off the Falcons to keep moving in AFC North chase
- Steelers’ Brown quickly earning reputation as ‘game wrecker’
- Steelers Film Session: Falcons find way to limit Bell’s production