Steelers notebook: CB Allen expects to play against Vikings
• Cornerback Cortez Allen (ankle) expects to play Sunday after sitting out the last two games, coach Mike Tomlin said. Defensive linemen Brett Keisel and Steve McLendon (hamstrings) also should play. And tight end Heath Miller isn't expected to be limited after having his snap count reduced Sunday, his first game since undergoing major knee surgery in December.
• The Vikings have more turnovers than the Steelers, 10-9, but the difference is they also have 10 takeaways, while the Steelers have none.
• Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has rushed for 281 yards — 126 more than the Steelers. He had 69 yards on 18 carries and four receptions in his only game against the Steelers, a 27-17 Steelers win in 2009. Peterson, 33rd all-time in NFL rushing, could be boosted by fullback Jerome Felton 's return, who was suspended three games for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.
• Tomlin acknowledged the twists and stunts by the Bears defensive linemen created “a little bit of confusion,” and he met with guard Ramon Foster to discuss the offensive line's play. Foster is the team's most experienced offensive lineman. “Obviously, we're experiencing some frustrating times,” Tomlin said. “But frustration doesn't solve the issues, work does.”
• The Steelers play only one home game until Nov. 10, with four of five on the road. But it doesn't matter of late where they play — they've lost eight of 10 dating to last season and four of five at Heinz Field.
• This is the first time since 1965 the Steelers lost all their preseason games and their first three regular season games.
— Alan Robinson
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers defense takes aim at Ravens QB Flacco
- Steelers notebook: Ravens enter short-handed at tight end
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up
- Steelers notebook: Fully healthy, rookie WR Bryant progressing fast
- ‘Big play’ moniker fits veteran Steelers cornerback Gay
- Steelers’ prime-time games shrink attendance at Heinz Field
- Steelers notebook: No reminders needed that Ravens are next foe
- Steelers offense puts up gaudy numbers in season’s 1st half
- Rossi: Roethlisberger’s 100th was legendary, maybe more
- QB Roethlisberger, Steelers roll past Colts in record-setting game
- Steelers notebook: CB Allen sent to bench