Steelers notebook: CB Allen expects to play against Vikings
• Cornerback Cortez Allen (ankle) expects to play Sunday after sitting out the last two games, coach Mike Tomlin said. Defensive linemen Brett Keisel and Steve McLendon (hamstrings) also should play. And tight end Heath Miller isn't expected to be limited after having his snap count reduced Sunday, his first game since undergoing major knee surgery in December.
• The Vikings have more turnovers than the Steelers, 10-9, but the difference is they also have 10 takeaways, while the Steelers have none.
• Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has rushed for 281 yards — 126 more than the Steelers. He had 69 yards on 18 carries and four receptions in his only game against the Steelers, a 27-17 Steelers win in 2009. Peterson, 33rd all-time in NFL rushing, could be boosted by fullback Jerome Felton 's return, who was suspended three games for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.
• Tomlin acknowledged the twists and stunts by the Bears defensive linemen created “a little bit of confusion,” and he met with guard Ramon Foster to discuss the offensive line's play. Foster is the team's most experienced offensive lineman. “Obviously, we're experiencing some frustrating times,” Tomlin said. “But frustration doesn't solve the issues, work does.”
• The Steelers play only one home game until Nov. 10, with four of five on the road. But it doesn't matter of late where they play — they've lost eight of 10 dating to last season and four of five at Heinz Field.
• This is the first time since 1965 the Steelers lost all their preseason games and their first three regular season games.
— Alan Robinson
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Increasing pressure on QBs will be offseason focus for Steelers
- Steelers mum on national report involving head of security
- Steelers’ Rooney ‘not expecting a problem’ with new Big Ben deal
- NFL names sportsmanship award after Steelers founder
- Steelers sign CFL defensive end Lemon
- Steelers’ Rooney says both teams should use same footballs
- Steelers sign punter Wing to 1-year extension
- Steelers’ unrestricted free agent Moats proves worth at linebacker
- Steelers injured running back Bell won’t be in uniform for Pro Bowl