Steelers notebook: Miller's subpar game not related to knee injury
• Tight end Heath Miller insists he's not bothered by his serious right knee injury from last season, but he made only one catch Sunday and graded a career-worst minus-5.3 in Pro Football Focus' evaluation. He dropped two passes and was beaten six times by a defender who went on to make a tackle. On defense, rookie Jarvis Jones graded much higher than Jason Worilds at outside linebacker.
• The Steelers' 23-10 victory over Buffalo was the 90th ofBen Roethlisberger's career. Only four quarterbacks reached that mark in fewer games. He is 90-45 since becoming a starter in 2004. Former Steelers QB Terry Bradshaw needed 129 games.
• Le'Veon Bell has four rushing touchdowns through nine games, one fewer than Franco Harris had in the same number of games as a rookie in 1972.
• The Lions (6-3) lead the NFC North but haven't won in Pittsburgh in 58 years — or since a 31-28 win in 1955 when Bobby Layne was their quarterback during a 3-9 season. The Lions are 0-8-1 in Pittsburgh since then.
• Former Steelers quarterback Charlie Batch's work with his Best of the Batch Foundation will be featured during an NFL Network show at 10:30 p.m. Tuesday.
• The Steelers have made the playoffs only once when they were below .500 after nine games. They were 4-5 in 1989 before finishing 9-7, then beat Houston and nearly upset Denver in the playoffs.
• The Bengals (6-4) were starting to run away with the AFC North until they dropped successive overtime games to the Dolphins and Ravens. They play four of their final six at home following a bye this week, with the Browns, Colts, Vikings and Ravens visiting Cincinnati. They travel to San Diego and Pittsburgh.
— Alan Robinson
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers trying to get missing defensive pieces on field
- In reworking contract, Steelers WR Brown gets hefty pay raise
- Steelers running back eager to prove he can help bridge gap to Bell
- Steelers notebook: New kicker Scobee relishes opportunity
- Steelers’ Tomlin disappointed by Bryant suspension
- Bryant suspension opens doors for other Steelers’ receivers
- Steelers notebook: LB Harrison believes Goodell will prevail in Brady ruling
- Steelers WR Bryant’s suspension upheld
- Steelers trade 6th-round pick for Jaguars kicker Scobee
- QB Vick hits ground running in debut
- RB Williams believes he’s making seamless transition to Steelers