Steelers' 2014 opponents revealed
One surprise of the Steelers' second-half surge: They finished second in the AFC North ahead of Baltimore, based on tiebreakers.
As a result, they'll play a second-place schedule in 2014, which means Kansas City will visit Heinz Field and they'll play at the New York Jets, their third trip to MetLife Stadium in as many seasons.
The Steelers will play all four teams in both the AFC South and NFC South, which means a reduced travel schedule. A season after they took trips to London; Oakland, Calif.; and Green Bay, Wis., they'll travel no farther west next season than Nashville, Tenn.
The Steelers' 2014 schedule (2013 records). Time and dates to be announced in April.
Home: Baltimore (8-8), Cincinnati (11-5), Cleveland (4-12), Houston (2-14), Indianapolis (11-5), New Orleans (10-5), Tampa Bay (4-11) and Kansas City (11-4).
Away: Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Jacksonville (4-12), Tennessee (7-9), Atlanta (4-12), Carolina (12-4) and New York Jets (8-8).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Wild Wednesday proves Steelers rule
- Steelers submit application to play host to Super Bowl in 2023
- Steelers running back Bell is taking long-term look at his NFL career
- Steelers CB Allen working to regain form, make an impact
- Steelers wide receiver Wheaton embraces move to slot position
- Steelers notebook: Best RB tandem in NFL?
- Australians rule punting competition for chance to play for Steelers
- QB Roethlisberger embracing teaching role with Steelers’ offense
- Steelers notebook: Line coach wants strong run defense
- Offseason training helping to accelerate adjustment to NFL life