Steelers' 2014 opponents revealed
One surprise of the Steelers' second-half surge: They finished second in the AFC North ahead of Baltimore, based on tiebreakers.
As a result, they'll play a second-place schedule in 2014, which means Kansas City will visit Heinz Field and they'll play at the New York Jets, their third trip to MetLife Stadium in as many seasons.
The Steelers will play all four teams in both the AFC South and NFC South, which means a reduced travel schedule. A season after they took trips to London; Oakland, Calif.; and Green Bay, Wis., they'll travel no farther west next season than Nashville, Tenn.
The Steelers' 2014 schedule (2013 records). Time and dates to be announced in April.
Home: Baltimore (8-8), Cincinnati (11-5), Cleveland (4-12), Houston (2-14), Indianapolis (11-5), New Orleans (10-5), Tampa Bay (4-11) and Kansas City (11-4).
Away: Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Jacksonville (4-12), Tennessee (7-9), Atlanta (4-12), Carolina (12-4) and New York Jets (8-8).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rooney says Pittsburgh is ‘good place’ for next northern Super Bowl
- LeBeau won’t join Cardinals coaching staff
- Increasing pressure on QBs will be offseason focus for Steelers
- Rossi: Steelers defense nowhere near Super standard
- Steelers say calls to bench veteran defensive back Polamalu ‘absurd’
- Steelers’ Rooney says both teams should use same footballs
- NFL names sportsmanship award after Steelers founder