Steelers' 2014 opponents revealed
One surprise of the Steelers' second-half surge: They finished second in the AFC North ahead of Baltimore, based on tiebreakers.
As a result, they'll play a second-place schedule in 2014, which means Kansas City will visit Heinz Field and they'll play at the New York Jets, their third trip to MetLife Stadium in as many seasons.
The Steelers will play all four teams in both the AFC South and NFC South, which means a reduced travel schedule. A season after they took trips to London; Oakland, Calif.; and Green Bay, Wis., they'll travel no farther west next season than Nashville, Tenn.
The Steelers' 2014 schedule (2013 records). Time and dates to be announced in April.
Home: Baltimore (8-8), Cincinnati (11-5), Cleveland (4-12), Houston (2-14), Indianapolis (11-5), New Orleans (10-5), Tampa Bay (4-11) and Kansas City (11-4).
Away: Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Jacksonville (4-12), Tennessee (7-9), Atlanta (4-12), Carolina (12-4) and New York Jets (8-8).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- Rossi: Middling Steelers must make a statement
- Starkey: Century mark beckons for Ben
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Steelers’ Pouncey, brother won’t be charged in July fracas
- Steelers notebook: Young players provide big challenge for special teams coach
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans