Steelers' 2014 opponents revealed
One surprise of the Steelers' second-half surge: They finished second in the AFC North ahead of Baltimore, based on tiebreakers.
As a result, they'll play a second-place schedule in 2014, which means Kansas City will visit Heinz Field and they'll play at the New York Jets, their third trip to MetLife Stadium in as many seasons.
The Steelers will play all four teams in both the AFC South and NFC South, which means a reduced travel schedule. A season after they took trips to London; Oakland, Calif.; and Green Bay, Wis., they'll travel no farther west next season than Nashville, Tenn.
The Steelers' 2014 schedule (2013 records). Time and dates to be announced in April.
Home: Baltimore (8-8), Cincinnati (11-5), Cleveland (4-12), Houston (2-14), Indianapolis (11-5), New Orleans (10-5), Tampa Bay (4-11) and Kansas City (11-4).
Away: Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Jacksonville (4-12), Tennessee (7-9), Atlanta (4-12), Carolina (12-4) and New York Jets (8-8).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers quarterback Vick getting more acquainted with offense
- Steelers hoping to establish run early against San Diego
- New-look Steelers secondary is gaining some cohesion
- Steelers notebook: Running back Bell OK with play-calling against Ravens
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not worried about Jones’ lack of sacks
- Steelers’ Bryant returns from drug suspension, ‘won’t happen again’
- Steelers notebook: Safety Mitchell shrugs off Ravens WR’s comments
- Steelers not afraid to bring heat with secondary
- New Steelers kicker Boswell ready for challenge at Heinz
- Missed field goals haunt Steelers in OT loss to Ravens