Steelers' 2014 opponents revealed
One surprise of the Steelers' second-half surge: They finished second in the AFC North ahead of Baltimore, based on tiebreakers.
As a result, they'll play a second-place schedule in 2014, which means Kansas City will visit Heinz Field and they'll play at the New York Jets, their third trip to MetLife Stadium in as many seasons.
The Steelers will play all four teams in both the AFC South and NFC South, which means a reduced travel schedule. A season after they took trips to London; Oakland, Calif.; and Green Bay, Wis., they'll travel no farther west next season than Nashville, Tenn.
The Steelers' 2014 schedule (2013 records). Time and dates to be announced in April.
Home: Baltimore (8-8), Cincinnati (11-5), Cleveland (4-12), Houston (2-14), Indianapolis (11-5), New Orleans (10-5), Tampa Bay (4-11) and Kansas City (11-4).
Away: Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Jacksonville (4-12), Tennessee (7-9), Atlanta (4-12), Carolina (12-4) and New York Jets (8-8).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers re-sign WR Heyward-Bey to 1-year deal
- Steelers notebook: Team seek ease on West Coast travel
- Tomlin expects Steelers offense to grow
- Steelers notebook: Harrison return complicated by LeBeau, Titans
- Steelers notebook: Cornerback need will wait until draft
- Tomlin eyes Steelers’ return to defensive success this season
- Steelers re-sign LB Harrison to 2-year deal