Steelers sign four
Cornerback Devin Smith, who spent most of training camp with the Steelers, was one of four players signed Tuesday by Pittsburgh to reserve/future contracts.
Smith, from Wisconsin, divided the 2013 season between the practice squads of the Steelers and Dolphins.
Also signed were linebacker Dan Molls, an undrafted rookie from Toledo cut by the Chargers at the end of camp; running back Miguel Maysonet, who was on the practice squads of four different teams during the season; and wide receiver Lanear Sampson, who originally signed with the Colts last season before spending most of the season on the Cowboys' practice squad.
Only players not on an NFL team's active roster at the end of a season are eligible to be signed to reserve/future contracts.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers clinch playoff berth with win over Chiefs
- Steelers’ Bell, Chiefs’ Charles elevating running back position in NFL
- Banged-up Steelers can clinch with win over Chiefs
- Steelers notebook: Bell says he’s prepared to test Chiefs defense
- Chiefs game-plan play that suits speedy rookie Thomas’ talents
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Steelers lookahead: Chiefs’ Charles injured but remains dangerous threat
- Steelers notebook: Brown leads WRs in Pro Bowl voting, Bell 2nd at RB
- Penguins’ defensive depth proves valuable