Steelers sign four
Cornerback Devin Smith, who spent most of training camp with the Steelers, was one of four players signed Tuesday by Pittsburgh to reserve/future contracts.
Smith, from Wisconsin, divided the 2013 season between the practice squads of the Steelers and Dolphins.
Also signed were linebacker Dan Molls, an undrafted rookie from Toledo cut by the Chargers at the end of camp; running back Miguel Maysonet, who was on the practice squads of four different teams during the season; and wide receiver Lanear Sampson, who originally signed with the Colts last season before spending most of the season on the Cowboys' practice squad.
Only players not on an NFL team's active roster at the end of a season are eligible to be signed to reserve/future contracts.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger still hurting after hard hit from Ravens’ Upshaw
- Steelers notebook: RT Gilbert not in danger of losing his job
- Steelers veteran defenders want young teammates to step up
- Steelers not receiving big returns on their offseason investments
- Steelers’ Brown combats disruptive defensive ploys
- Rossi: Steelers Way? Deactivate Bell, Blount
- Rossi: Are NFL fans ready for some priorities?
- Steelers’ Bell gets bulk of team’s touches
- Big Ben’s struggles emblematic of loss
- Steelers notebook: Defense sags in NFL rankings because of struggles against the run
- Rossi: Bell played, and Steelers needed him