Steelers sign four
Cornerback Devin Smith, who spent most of training camp with the Steelers, was one of four players signed Tuesday by Pittsburgh to reserve/future contracts.
Smith, from Wisconsin, divided the 2013 season between the practice squads of the Steelers and Dolphins.
Also signed were linebacker Dan Molls, an undrafted rookie from Toledo cut by the Chargers at the end of camp; running back Miguel Maysonet, who was on the practice squads of four different teams during the season; and wide receiver Lanear Sampson, who originally signed with the Colts last season before spending most of the season on the Cowboys' practice squad.
Only players not on an NFL team's active roster at the end of a season are eligible to be signed to reserve/future contracts.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Stakes high as ex-Saints receiver Moore faces his former team
- Steelers notebook: Injury to RT Gilbert opens door for Adams to start
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Steelers notebook:
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Polamalu, Taylor among Steelers starters returning for Sunday’s game vs. Saints
- Steelers’ lookahead: New Orleans Saints
- Steelers realize that Brees-led Saints are always dangerous
- Steelers notebook: Linebackers on the spot against Saints offense
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth