Steelers sign four
Cornerback Devin Smith, who spent most of training camp with the Steelers, was one of four players signed Tuesday by Pittsburgh to reserve/future contracts.
Smith, from Wisconsin, divided the 2013 season between the practice squads of the Steelers and Dolphins.
Also signed were linebacker Dan Molls, an undrafted rookie from Toledo cut by the Chargers at the end of camp; running back Miguel Maysonet, who was on the practice squads of four different teams during the season; and wide receiver Lanear Sampson, who originally signed with the Colts last season before spending most of the season on the Cowboys' practice squad.
Only players not on an NFL team's active roster at the end of a season are eligible to be signed to reserve/future contracts.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Robinson: Rooney retains North Side roots
- Steelers notebook: Ex-Steeler Sanders living up to his word
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Play to watch: Colts, Luck like to confuse defenses
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- Rossi: Middling Steelers must make a statement
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Steelers notebook: Young players provide big challenge for special teams coach
- Steelers’ defense rebounds after shaky 1st quarter, forces Texans into mistakes