Steelers sign two to reserve/future contracts
The Steelers signed linebacker Vic So'oto and running back Tauren Poole to reserve/future contracts Monday, giving them 23 such players under contract since the offseason began.
The 6-foot-3, 263-pound So'oto has played in 13 career NFL games with the Packers, Raiders and Cardinals. He also spent time with the Redskins and was on the practice squads of the Packers and Saints. He initially signed with Green Bay in 2011 as a non-drafted rookie from Brigham Young.
Poole (5-10, 210) spent time last season on the Colts' and Panthers' practice squads. A non-drafted rookie free agent from Tennessee, he originally signed with the Panthers in 2012, but missed that season with a rib injury.
The reserve/future contracts allow teams to add players to their depth chart before the new NFL year begins. The players cannot have been on an NFL team's roster at the end of the season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers to retire Joe Greene’s jersey number
- Steelers offensive linemen looking to build on strong 2013 finish
- Steelers hoping that youth movement breathes life into team
- Inside the ropes: Shazier shows off speed
- Steelers notebook: Team hasn’t called on Keisel, Harrison yet
- GM Colbert expects Roethlisberger to end career with Steelers
- Steelers linebacker Spence confident he can avoid injury setbacks
- Steelers hope group of low-budget cornerbacks can deliver
- Inside the ropes: Roethlisberger may have his big receiver
- Roethlisberger ‘prays’ he can stay with Steelers when deal expires
- Five questions facing Steelers entering training camp