Steelers sign two to reserve/future contracts
The Steelers signed linebacker Vic So'oto and running back Tauren Poole to reserve/future contracts Monday, giving them 23 such players under contract since the offseason began.
The 6-foot-3, 263-pound So'oto has played in 13 career NFL games with the Packers, Raiders and Cardinals. He also spent time with the Redskins and was on the practice squads of the Packers and Saints. He initially signed with Green Bay in 2011 as a non-drafted rookie from Brigham Young.
Poole (5-10, 210) spent time last season on the Colts' and Panthers' practice squads. A non-drafted rookie free agent from Tennessee, he originally signed with the Panthers in 2012, but missed that season with a rib injury.
The reserve/future contracts allow teams to add players to their depth chart before the new NFL year begins. The players cannot have been on an NFL team's roster at the end of the season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers won’t be backed into a corner at NFL Draft
- NFL draft preview: Rich harvest of receivers
- Ex-Alabama WR Cooper gains separation from other draft prospects at position
- Steelers visit with Arizona State receiver Strong, claim long snapper
- Maligned Nebraska OLB Gregory visits Steelers
- Steelers veteran cornerback Ike Taylor announces retirement
- Steelers host two more pre-draft tight ends
- Steelers host Auburn WR Coates, 2 others
- Steelers notebook: Nebraska LB scheduled to visit Steelers Thursday