Steelers sign two to reserve/future contracts
The Steelers signed linebacker Vic So'oto and running back Tauren Poole to reserve/future contracts Monday, giving them 23 such players under contract since the offseason began.
The 6-foot-3, 263-pound So'oto has played in 13 career NFL games with the Packers, Raiders and Cardinals. He also spent time with the Redskins and was on the practice squads of the Packers and Saints. He initially signed with Green Bay in 2011 as a non-drafted rookie from Brigham Young.
Poole (5-10, 210) spent time last season on the Colts' and Panthers' practice squads. A non-drafted rookie free agent from Tennessee, he originally signed with the Panthers in 2012, but missed that season with a rib injury.
The reserve/future contracts allow teams to add players to their depth chart before the new NFL year begins. The players cannot have been on an NFL team's roster at the end of the season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Tomlin: Steelers preparing to face both Browns QBs
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Steelers opt for youth, speed while revamping roster
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers finalize 53-man roster
- Veteran Keisel settles into role with Steelers
- Former Steelers linebacker Harrison retires