Steelers sign two to reserve/future contracts
The Steelers signed linebacker Vic So'oto and running back Tauren Poole to reserve/future contracts Monday, giving them 23 such players under contract since the offseason began.
The 6-foot-3, 263-pound So'oto has played in 13 career NFL games with the Packers, Raiders and Cardinals. He also spent time with the Redskins and was on the practice squads of the Packers and Saints. He initially signed with Green Bay in 2011 as a non-drafted rookie from Brigham Young.
Poole (5-10, 210) spent time last season on the Colts' and Panthers' practice squads. A non-drafted rookie free agent from Tennessee, he originally signed with the Panthers in 2012, but missed that season with a rib injury.
The reserve/future contracts allow teams to add players to their depth chart before the new NFL year begins. The players cannot have been on an NFL team's roster at the end of the season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers re-sign WR Heyward-Bey to 1-year deal
- Steelers notebook: Team seek ease on West Coast travel
- Tomlin expects Steelers offense to grow
- Steelers notebook: Harrison return complicated by LeBeau, Titans
- Tomlin eyes Steelers’ return to defensive success this season
- Steelers notebook: Safety Mitchell could move to replace Polamalu
- Steelers notebook: Cornerback need will wait until draft
- Harrison writes he is deciding between signing with Steelers or Titans
- Steelers re-sign LB Harrison to 2-year deal
- Free agent LB Worilds surprises with announcement of retirement
- Ex-Steeler Worilds makes ‘faith-based’ decision to move on from football