3 more college players visit Steelers ahead of NFL Draft
Ohio State outside linebacker Ryan Shazier, UCLA inside linebacker Jordan Zumwalt and Washington State strong safety Deone Bucannon visited the Steelers on Thursday in advance of next month's NFL Draft.
Shazier was the Big Ten's leading tackler, and Bucannon was a first-team AP All-America defensive back.
Of the 12 college players known to have traveled to Pittsburgh for in-house interviews, four are defensive backs and three are wide receivers. Louisville safety Calvin Pryor visited Monday.
• Both of the Steelers' home preseason games will start at 7:30 p.m., on Aug. 16 (Buffalo Bills) and Aug. 28 (Carolina Panthers). Times and dates for road exhibition games against the New York Giants and Philadelphia Eagles have not been announced, although the game in Philadelphia is expected to be played Aug. 21.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers hoping that youth movement breathes life into team
- Steelers notebook: Team hasn’t called on Keisel, Harrison yet
- Inside the ropes: Shazier shows off speed
- Steelers linebacker Spence confident he can avoid injury setbacks
- Steelers hope group of low-budget cornerbacks can deliver
- GM Colbert expects Roethlisberger to end career with Steelers
- Inside the ropes: Roethlisberger may have his big receiver
- Steelers notebook: Ben believes rookie WR Bryant can contribute
- Steelers WR Wheaton wants to produce after injury-plagued rookie year
- Roethlisberger ‘prays’ he can stay with Steelers when deal expires
- Inside the ropes: Speedy rookie Archer dazzles at 1st training camp practice