3 more college players visit Steelers ahead of NFL Draft
Ohio State outside linebacker Ryan Shazier, UCLA inside linebacker Jordan Zumwalt and Washington State strong safety Deone Bucannon visited the Steelers on Thursday in advance of next month's NFL Draft.
Shazier was the Big Ten's leading tackler, and Bucannon was a first-team AP All-America defensive back.
Of the 12 college players known to have traveled to Pittsburgh for in-house interviews, four are defensive backs and three are wide receivers. Louisville safety Calvin Pryor visited Monday.
• Both of the Steelers' home preseason games will start at 7:30 p.m., on Aug. 16 (Buffalo Bills) and Aug. 28 (Carolina Panthers). Times and dates for road exhibition games against the New York Giants and Philadelphia Eagles have not been announced, although the game in Philadelphia is expected to be played Aug. 21.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers finalize 53-man roster
- Former Steelers linebacker Harrison retires
- Veteran Keisel settles into role with Steelers
- Steelers claim former Cowboys cornerback Webb
- Steelers notebook: Team cuts 15 players, including LB So’oto, RB Hall
- Steelers notebook: Safety Mitchell faces former team, hurts leg
- For Steelers outside linebacker Jones, size is not an obstacle
- Steelers have plenty of new faces at wide receiver
- Why Steelers will — or won’t — snap out of their funk