3 more college players visit Steelers ahead of NFL Draft
Ohio State outside linebacker Ryan Shazier, UCLA inside linebacker Jordan Zumwalt and Washington State strong safety Deone Bucannon visited the Steelers on Thursday in advance of next month's NFL Draft.
Shazier was the Big Ten's leading tackler, and Bucannon was a first-team AP All-America defensive back.
Of the 12 college players known to have traveled to Pittsburgh for in-house interviews, four are defensive backs and three are wide receivers. Louisville safety Calvin Pryor visited Monday.
• Both of the Steelers' home preseason games will start at 7:30 p.m., on Aug. 16 (Buffalo Bills) and Aug. 28 (Carolina Panthers). Times and dates for road exhibition games against the New York Giants and Philadelphia Eagles have not been announced, although the game in Philadelphia is expected to be played Aug. 21.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers trade punter Wing to Giants for pick
- With most starters resting, Steelers turn in lackluster loss at Heinz
- Steelers laud decision, praise Brady for taking on Goodell
- Steelers notebook: Thomas, Moats only starting defensive players to see action vs. Panthers
- Steelers accomplish mission to get younger, faster on defense
- In reworking contract, Steelers WR Brown gets hefty pay raise
- Steelers running back eager to prove he can help bridge gap to Bell
- Steelers’ Tomlin disappointed by Bryant suspension
- Bubble players get last chance to impress Steelers
- Healthy, confident Steelers LB Shazier ready for full speed ahead
- RB Williams believes he’s making seamless transition to Steelers