3 more college players visit Steelers ahead of NFL Draft
Ohio State outside linebacker Ryan Shazier, UCLA inside linebacker Jordan Zumwalt and Washington State strong safety Deone Bucannon visited the Steelers on Thursday in advance of next month's NFL Draft.
Shazier was the Big Ten's leading tackler, and Bucannon was a first-team AP All-America defensive back.
Of the 12 college players known to have traveled to Pittsburgh for in-house interviews, four are defensive backs and three are wide receivers. Louisville safety Calvin Pryor visited Monday.
• Both of the Steelers' home preseason games will start at 7:30 p.m., on Aug. 16 (Buffalo Bills) and Aug. 28 (Carolina Panthers). Times and dates for road exhibition games against the New York Giants and Philadelphia Eagles have not been announced, although the game in Philadelphia is expected to be played Aug. 21.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- Steelers’ Tomlin does not like his coaching style to be characterized
- Steelers film session: Harrison on the field often
- Steelers are vowing to fix the costly penalties, lack of self-discipline
- Starkey: Slapstick Steelers deserved to lose
- Jaguars’ Bortles is mirror image of Steelers’ Roethlisberger
- Steelers notebook: Harrison feeling down after loss in return
- Steelers’ Wheaton proving to be reliable target
- Steelers notebook: LB Worilds, RB Blount fined by NFL
- Infractions, lack of discipline cost Steelers in loss to Buccaneers
- Steelers secondary aims to improve execution in order to prevent future mistakes