3 more college players visit Steelers ahead of NFL Draft
Ohio State outside linebacker Ryan Shazier, UCLA inside linebacker Jordan Zumwalt and Washington State strong safety Deone Bucannon visited the Steelers on Thursday in advance of next month's NFL Draft.
Shazier was the Big Ten's leading tackler, and Bucannon was a first-team AP All-America defensive back.
Of the 12 college players known to have traveled to Pittsburgh for in-house interviews, four are defensive backs and three are wide receivers. Louisville safety Calvin Pryor visited Monday.
• Both of the Steelers' home preseason games will start at 7:30 p.m., on Aug. 16 (Buffalo Bills) and Aug. 28 (Carolina Panthers). Times and dates for road exhibition games against the New York Giants and Philadelphia Eagles have not been announced, although the game in Philadelphia is expected to be played Aug. 21.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Can Steelers’ Mitchell find Carolina cure?
- Robinson: Study shows NFL troublemakers don’t get hurt in wallet
- Value of nickel rising in NFL
- Steelers notebook: Panthers LB Kuechly making an impression
- Play to watch: Inside zone read slant/bubble
- Moore hopes to see red (zone) in Steelers debut
- Steelers notebook: Ravens DL fined for hit on Roethlisberger
- Steelers’ Timmons looks to reverse defense’s struggles
- Steelers notebook: RT Gilbert not in danger of losing his job
- Steelers notebook: Former lineman Kemoeatu receives kidney from brother
- Steelers intrigued by athleticism of free agent Jones