3 more college players visit Steelers ahead of NFL Draft
Ohio State outside linebacker Ryan Shazier, UCLA inside linebacker Jordan Zumwalt and Washington State strong safety Deone Bucannon visited the Steelers on Thursday in advance of next month's NFL Draft.
Shazier was the Big Ten's leading tackler, and Bucannon was a first-team AP All-America defensive back.
Of the 12 college players known to have traveled to Pittsburgh for in-house interviews, four are defensive backs and three are wide receivers. Louisville safety Calvin Pryor visited Monday.
• Both of the Steelers' home preseason games will start at 7:30 p.m., on Aug. 16 (Buffalo Bills) and Aug. 28 (Carolina Panthers). Times and dates for road exhibition games against the New York Giants and Philadelphia Eagles have not been announced, although the game in Philadelphia is expected to be played Aug. 21.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers open daunting season at Patriots, play 5 prime-time games
- Steelers bring in 2 more cornerbacks for visits
- Steelers receiver Brown skipping voluntary offseason workouts
- Interior linemen replace flash with experience for this year’s NFL Draft
- Steelers won’t be backed into a corner at NFL Draft
- Versatile Iowa lineman Scherff in solid position
- This year’s NFL Draft does not appear to offer a Gronkowski type
- Minnesota tight end Williams hopes to join father as 1st-round pick
- Steelers notebook: Nebraska LB scheduled to visit Steelers Thursday
- Steelers visit with Arizona State receiver Strong, claim long snapper
- Steelers host two more pre-draft tight ends