Steelers announce training camp schedule
It's as close as the NFL gets to a three-game series.
Of the 15 Steelers practices open to the public after training camp starts July 25 at St. Vincent College, two will be workouts with the Buffalo Bills on Aug. 13-14.
Following those practices that likely will include scrimmaging, the teams will meet in a preseason game Aug. 16 at Heinz Field.
The joint workouts are the first for the Steelers since they staged a series of practices with the Washington Redskins in the 1990s.
Players report July 25, 15 days before their first exhibition game, and the first practice open to the public will be the following day. The July 26-27 practices will be without pads. Pads will be permitted starting July 28.
The Steelers will hold a night practice at 7 p.m. Aug. 1 at Latrobe Memorial Stadium.
Practices open to the public will be (2:55 p.m. unless noted): July 26-28, July 30-31, Aug. 1 (7 p.m., Latrobe Memorial Stadium), Aug. 2-4, Aug. 6-7, Aug. 11-13 and Aug. 14 (5 p.m.). Days off will be July 29, Aug. 5 and Aug. 10.
The Steelers will finish camp at their South Side training complex during a pair of weeks that will be shorted by Thursday night exhibition games, Aug. 21 at Philadelphia and Aug. 28 against the Carolina Panthers at Heinz Field. All of their preseason games start at 7:30 p.m.
Alan Robinson is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at email@example.com or via Twitter @arobinson_Trib.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers to retire Joe Greene’s jersey number
- Steelers offensive linemen looking to build on strong 2013 finish
- Steelers hope group of low-budget cornerbacks can deliver
- Steelers hoping that youth movement breathes life into team
- Steelers linebacker Spence confident he can avoid injury setbacks
- Roethlisberger ‘prays’ he can stay with Steelers when deal expires
- GM Colbert expects Roethlisberger to end career with Steelers
- Inside the ropes: Shazier shows off speed
- Steelers notebook: Ben believes rookie WR Bryant can contribute
- Steelers notebook: Team hasn’t called on Keisel, Harrison yet
- Inside the ropes: Roethlisberger may have his big receiver