Steelers announce training camp schedule
It's as close as the NFL gets to a three-game series.
Of the 15 Steelers practices open to the public after training camp starts July 25 at St. Vincent College, two will be workouts with the Buffalo Bills on Aug. 13-14.
Following those practices that likely will include scrimmaging, the teams will meet in a preseason game Aug. 16 at Heinz Field.
The joint workouts are the first for the Steelers since they staged a series of practices with the Washington Redskins in the 1990s.
Players report July 25, 15 days before their first exhibition game, and the first practice open to the public will be the following day. The July 26-27 practices will be without pads. Pads will be permitted starting July 28.
The Steelers will hold a night practice at 7 p.m. Aug. 1 at Latrobe Memorial Stadium.
Practices open to the public will be (2:55 p.m. unless noted): July 26-28, July 30-31, Aug. 1 (7 p.m., Latrobe Memorial Stadium), Aug. 2-4, Aug. 6-7, Aug. 11-13 and Aug. 14 (5 p.m.). Days off will be July 29, Aug. 5 and Aug. 10.
The Steelers will finish camp at their South Side training complex during a pair of weeks that will be shorted by Thursday night exhibition games, Aug. 21 at Philadelphia and Aug. 28 against the Carolina Panthers at Heinz Field. All of their preseason games start at 7:30 p.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- QB Smith is chief concern for Steelers’ defense
- Steelers notebook: Brown leads WRs in Pro Bowl voting, Bell 2nd at RB
- Steelers lookahead: Chiefs’ Charles injured but remains dangerous threat
- Steelers offense finding an unprecedented balance when it counts
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin unaware of mumps outbreak in NHL
- Steelers Film Session: Falcons find way to limit Bell’s production
- Red-zone defense helps Steelers hang on against Falcons
- Injury-thinned Steelers linebackers corps stands tall in win over Falcons
- Steelers’ Brown quickly earning reputation as ‘game wrecker’
- Game changers: Gay takes another interception the distance