Steelers announce training camp schedule
It's as close as the NFL gets to a three-game series.
Of the 15 Steelers practices open to the public after training camp starts July 25 at St. Vincent College, two will be workouts with the Buffalo Bills on Aug. 13-14.
Following those practices that likely will include scrimmaging, the teams will meet in a preseason game Aug. 16 at Heinz Field.
The joint workouts are the first for the Steelers since they staged a series of practices with the Washington Redskins in the 1990s.
Players report July 25, 15 days before their first exhibition game, and the first practice open to the public will be the following day. The July 26-27 practices will be without pads. Pads will be permitted starting July 28.
The Steelers will hold a night practice at 7 p.m. Aug. 1 at Latrobe Memorial Stadium.
Practices open to the public will be (2:55 p.m. unless noted): July 26-28, July 30-31, Aug. 1 (7 p.m., Latrobe Memorial Stadium), Aug. 2-4, Aug. 6-7, Aug. 11-13 and Aug. 14 (5 p.m.). Days off will be July 29, Aug. 5 and Aug. 10.
The Steelers will finish camp at their South Side training complex during a pair of weeks that will be shorted by Thursday night exhibition games, Aug. 21 at Philadelphia and Aug. 28 against the Carolina Panthers at Heinz Field. All of their preseason games start at 7:30 p.m.
Alan Robinson is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at email@example.com or via Twitter @arobinson_Trib.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Shazier sits, Justin Brown inactive vs. Texans
- Steelers seeking solutions for scoring problems in red zone
- Texans coach O’Brien still cherishes time at Penn State
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Steelers notebook: Shazier limited in practice
- Robinson: Big Ben on pace to break Favre’s record — for sacks
- Steelers rookie Tuitt prepares for big role
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Play of the week: Texans find success with zone stretch running attack
- Steelers notebook: WR Brown recalls Houston’s Watt as teammates at CMU