Steelers announce training camp schedule
It's as close as the NFL gets to a three-game series.
Of the 15 Steelers practices open to the public after training camp starts July 25 at St. Vincent College, two will be workouts with the Buffalo Bills on Aug. 13-14.
Following those practices that likely will include scrimmaging, the teams will meet in a preseason game Aug. 16 at Heinz Field.
The joint workouts are the first for the Steelers since they staged a series of practices with the Washington Redskins in the 1990s.
Players report July 25, 15 days before their first exhibition game, and the first practice open to the public will be the following day. The July 26-27 practices will be without pads. Pads will be permitted starting July 28.
The Steelers will hold a night practice at 7 p.m. Aug. 1 at Latrobe Memorial Stadium.
Practices open to the public will be (2:55 p.m. unless noted): July 26-28, July 30-31, Aug. 1 (7 p.m., Latrobe Memorial Stadium), Aug. 2-4, Aug. 6-7, Aug. 11-13 and Aug. 14 (5 p.m.). Days off will be July 29, Aug. 5 and Aug. 10.
The Steelers will finish camp at their South Side training complex during a pair of weeks that will be shorted by Thursday night exhibition games, Aug. 21 at Philadelphia and Aug. 28 against the Carolina Panthers at Heinz Field. All of their preseason games start at 7:30 p.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Rossi: As Blount walked, Porter called
- Steelers’ Mitchell banned from social media
- Steelers’ Wheaton embraces expanding role
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run
- Steelers cut ties with running back Blount after incident in Tennessee
- Steelers notebook: Heinz Field not in play for Bills-Jets
- Steelers notebook: Gay, secondary brace for Saints QB Brees
- Cut by Steelers, LeGarrette Blount joins Patriots
- Steelers rally past Titans for key win
- Steelers notebook: Finally, the bye week is on tap