Steelers' Pouncey investigated in alleged assault
Steelers Pro Bowl center Maurkice Pouncey is being investigated by police over an alleged altercation that took place in a Miami Beach, Fla., night club.
Pouncey and his twin brother, Mike, are accused of assaulting a man while the brothers were celebrating their birthday at Cameo Night Club. The alleged incident happened at 4:20 a.m. Saturday. Police have not charged either Pouncey brother.
“At this time, we have not confirmed or identified the Pouncey brothers as being involved,” Miami Beach Police Sgt. Bobby Hernandez said, who said the investigation is ongoing.
Maurkice Pouncey signed a six-year, $48 million contract extension with the Steelers in June. He missed almost all of last season after tearing a ligament in his right knee in the 2013 season opener.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers are in familiar territory going into training camp in Latrobe
- Polamalu enters training camp as Steelers’ longest tenured player
- In open AFC North, it’s anyone’s game
- Timmons feels pressure to transform Steelers back into contender
- Despite fulfilling promise to mother, Steelers’ Tomlin not yet satisfied
- Versatile linebacker Moats getting up to speed with Steelers
- Steelers defensive back Thomas isn’t conceding starting position yet