Steelers' Pouncey investigated in alleged assault
Steelers Pro Bowl center Maurkice Pouncey is being investigated by police over an alleged altercation that took place in a Miami Beach, Fla., night club.
Pouncey and his twin brother, Mike, are accused of assaulting a man while the brothers were celebrating their birthday at Cameo Night Club. The alleged incident happened at 4:20 a.m. Saturday. Police have not charged either Pouncey brother.
“At this time, we have not confirmed or identified the Pouncey brothers as being involved,” Miami Beach Police Sgt. Bobby Hernandez said, who said the investigation is ongoing.
Maurkice Pouncey signed a six-year, $48 million contract extension with the Steelers in June. He missed almost all of last season after tearing a ligament in his right knee in the 2013 season opener.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers OLB coach Porter teaches as passionately as he played
- 2014 showing has Steelers RB Harris confident he belongs
- Inside The Steelers: LB Williams dominates backs-on-backers drill at Latrobe Memorial Stadium
- Steelers notebook: Officials discuss new game ball procedures
- Inside the Steelers: Rookie linebacker Chickillo continues to excel
- Steelers’ reserve quarterbacks vie to secure spot behind Roethlisberger, Gradkowski
- Starkey: Garoppolo baffles Steelers
- Steelers stress improved conditioning in attempt to play past injuries
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin says Latrobe session won’t differ from normal practice
- Memories of Steelers fan from Beaver Falls go beyond simple recall
- Steelers LB Timmons has grown into leadership role on defense