Steelers' Pouncey investigated in alleged assault
Steelers Pro Bowl center Maurkice Pouncey is being investigated by police over an alleged altercation that took place in a Miami Beach, Fla., night club.
Pouncey and his twin brother, Mike, are accused of assaulting a man while the brothers were celebrating their birthday at Cameo Night Club. The alleged incident happened at 4:20 a.m. Saturday. Police have not charged either Pouncey brother.
“At this time, we have not confirmed or identified the Pouncey brothers as being involved,” Miami Beach Police Sgt. Bobby Hernandez said, who said the investigation is ongoing.
Maurkice Pouncey signed a six-year, $48 million contract extension with the Steelers in June. He missed almost all of last season after tearing a ligament in his right knee in the 2013 season opener.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Opportunity awaits Boykin
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger remains in concussion protocol
- Steelers receiver Wheaton takes advantage of opportunity in breakout game
- Film session: Long shots dotted Steelers’ passing game
- Starkey: Tomlin lived in his fears
- Steelers players say they support Tomlin’s attempts at deception
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not grooming successor to RB Williams
- Steelers kicker Boswell puts best foot forward
- Steelers find success vs. NFC
- Steelers stalled by Seahawks, on outside of AFC wild-card picture