Steelers' Pouncey investigated in alleged assault
Steelers Pro Bowl center Maurkice Pouncey is being investigated by police over an alleged altercation that took place in a Miami Beach, Fla., night club.
Pouncey and his twin brother, Mike, are accused of assaulting a man while the brothers were celebrating their birthday at Cameo Night Club. The alleged incident happened at 4:20 a.m. Saturday. Police have not charged either Pouncey brother.
“At this time, we have not confirmed or identified the Pouncey brothers as being involved,” Miami Beach Police Sgt. Bobby Hernandez said, who said the investigation is ongoing.
Maurkice Pouncey signed a six-year, $48 million contract extension with the Steelers in June. He missed almost all of last season after tearing a ligament in his right knee in the 2013 season opener.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Nothing normal about Steelers’ standard as backups fill vital roles
- Steelers cut Scobee, sign free agent kicker Boswell
- Steelers notebook: Safety Mitchell shrugs off Ravens WR’s comments
- Four downs: Williams brothers on the rise
- New book credits Nunn for Steelers’ 1970s success
- Steelers film study: Team finds success blitzing members of secondary
- Steelers not afraid to bring heat with secondary
- Missed field goals haunt Steelers in OT loss to Ravens
- Loss leaves bitter taste for Steelers’ Vick
- Steelers-Ravens grades: Scobee rhymes with ‘D’
- Steelers-Rams grades: Both defenses earn high marks