Steelers' Pouncey investigated in alleged assault
Steelers Pro Bowl center Maurkice Pouncey is being investigated by police over an alleged altercation that took place in a Miami Beach, Fla., night club.
Pouncey and his twin brother, Mike, are accused of assaulting a man while the brothers were celebrating their birthday at Cameo Night Club. The alleged incident happened at 4:20 a.m. Saturday. Police have not charged either Pouncey brother.
“At this time, we have not confirmed or identified the Pouncey brothers as being involved,” Miami Beach Police Sgt. Bobby Hernandez said, who said the investigation is ongoing.
Maurkice Pouncey signed a six-year, $48 million contract extension with the Steelers in June. He missed almost all of last season after tearing a ligament in his right knee in the 2013 season opener.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers legend Blount to announce team’s second-round draft pick
- Steelers wrap up pre-draft visits with four defensive players
- NFL Draft preview: UCLA’s Kendricks leads deep inside linebacker class
- Miami linebacker Perryman eager to stand tall on draft day
- NFL Draft preview: Interior linemen replace flash with experience this year
- Steelers open daunting season at Patriots, play 5 prime-time games
- NFL Draft preview: Running back class is deep, talented
- Wisconsin’s Gordon flashes ahead of the pack
- Steelers bring in 2 more cornerbacks for visits
- NFL Draft preview: Thin crop of offensive tackles available
- Peat adds to Stanford offensive line legacy