Steelers' Pouncey not named on initial police report
Steelers All-Pro center Maurkice Pouncey was not named on a Miami Beach Police Department report stemming from an incident at a Florida nightclub over the weekend, but the investigation is ongoing.
Neither Pouncey nor his twin brother, Mike, who were celebrating their 25th birthdays at Cameo nightclub on South Beach, was named in the initial report released Monday morning.
Mike Pouncey plays center for the Miami Dolphins.
According to the report, 32-year old Niya Pickett and 24-year old James Ricquan accused a man of punching both of them in the head while trying to leave the nightclub at 4:15 a.m. Saturday.
An unknown man pushed both Pickett and Ricquan out of the way before punching both in the head causing bruising to both and a large welt to Ricquan, the report said.
Both refused medical treatment from fire and rescue, according to the report.
Pickett and Ricquan took to social media over the weekend and accused the Pounceys of being involved in the altercation.
A police spokesperson said detectives still are working to acquire security footage of the incident.
Maurkice Pouncey, the Steelers' first-round pick in 2010, signed a $48 million contract last month.
The Steelers report to training camp July 25 at St. Vincent College in Latrobe.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Increasing pressure on QBs will be offseason focus for Steelers
- LeBeau won’t join Cardinals coaching staff
- Steelers’ Rooney ‘not expecting a problem’ with new Big Ben deal
- Steelers mum on national report involving head of security
- NFL names sportsmanship award after Steelers founder
- Steelers’ Rooney says both teams should use same footballs
- Seven questions facing Steelers in quest for seventh Super Bowl title
- Steelers injured running back Bell won’t be in uniform for Pro Bowl
- Steelers sign punter Wing to 1-year extension