Steelers' Pouncey not named on initial police report
Steelers All-Pro center Maurkice Pouncey was not named on a Miami Beach Police Department report stemming from an incident at a Florida nightclub over the weekend, but the investigation is ongoing.
Neither Pouncey nor his twin brother, Mike, who were celebrating their 25th birthdays at Cameo nightclub on South Beach, was named in the initial report released Monday morning.
Mike Pouncey plays center for the Miami Dolphins.
According to the report, 32-year old Niya Pickett and 24-year old James Ricquan accused a man of punching both of them in the head while trying to leave the nightclub at 4:15 a.m. Saturday.
An unknown man pushed both Pickett and Ricquan out of the way before punching both in the head causing bruising to both and a large welt to Ricquan, the report said.
Both refused medical treatment from fire and rescue, according to the report.
Pickett and Ricquan took to social media over the weekend and accused the Pounceys of being involved in the altercation.
A police spokesperson said detectives still are working to acquire security footage of the incident.
Maurkice Pouncey, the Steelers' first-round pick in 2010, signed a $48 million contract last month.
The Steelers report to training camp July 25 at St. Vincent College in Latrobe.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Report: Heinz Field in running to host Bills-Jets game
- Rossi: As Blount walked, Porter called
- Steelers notebook: Gay, secondary brace for Saints QB Brees
- Lack of experienced backup means more work for Steelers RB Bell
- Steelers Film Session: Sticking with what works
- Steelers’ Mitchell banned from social media
- Steelers cut ties with running back Blount after incident in Tennessee
- Workhorse role suits Steelers running back Bell