Pounceys vow to defend themselves against nightclub allegations
Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey and twin brother Mike threatened legal action Tuesday against a man accusing them of punching him at a Miami Beach nightclub Saturday.
Riquan James, 24, told the Miami Herald that, during the altercation, the Pounceys used slurs toward him and then one of them hit him.
An attorney for James, Niya Pickett, 32, and Brentley Williams, 24, said a lawsuit against the Pounceys would be filed this week. They have not talked to police.
The Pounceys were not named in a police report stemming from the incident.
“It appears that the accuser is an opportunist seeking attention and possible financial gain,” the Pounceys' attorney, Jeff Ostrow, told the Herald. “Any attempt by the accuser or anyone else to bring an action against them based upon these false allegations will be vigorously defended. If the accuser continues to perpetuate these lies, we will bring an action against him.”
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former Steelers kicker Reed doesn’t like new NFL PAT rule
- Steelers offensive line targeting injury-free performance as key
- Steelers’ Heyward looking to stay for long haul
- Steelers interested in playing internationally again
- Steelers guard Foster likes offense’s direction heading into season
- Steelers claim QB-turned-WR Gardner
- Steelers sign first-round pick Dupree
- Starkey: Clayton, Steelers and ‘Shouldergate’
- Steelers’ Bell seeking leniency from NFL
- Former Steelers linebacker Robinson dies
- Steelers’ Lemon hopes to put squeeze on opposing QBs