Pounceys vow to defend themselves against nightclub allegations
Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey and twin brother Mike threatened legal action Tuesday against a man accusing them of punching him at a Miami Beach nightclub Saturday.
Riquan James, 24, told the Miami Herald that, during the altercation, the Pounceys used slurs toward him and then one of them hit him.
An attorney for James, Niya Pickett, 32, and Brentley Williams, 24, said a lawsuit against the Pounceys would be filed this week. They have not talked to police.
The Pounceys were not named in a police report stemming from the incident.
“It appears that the accuser is an opportunist seeking attention and possible financial gain,” the Pounceys' attorney, Jeff Ostrow, told the Herald. “Any attempt by the accuser or anyone else to bring an action against them based upon these false allegations will be vigorously defended. If the accuser continues to perpetuate these lies, we will bring an action against him.”
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin mum on Bryant suspension
- Big plays cost Steelers defense in 43-19 preseason loss at Bills
- Rossi: Beleaguered Steelers need MVP from Big Ben
- QB Vick hits ground running in debut
- Healthy, confident Steelers LB Shazier ready for full speed ahead
- Steelers hope 6-sack game gives glimpse of pass-rush capabilities
- Steelers notebook: Legursky returns to provide offensive line depth
- Steelers rookie receiver Coates learning on the fly
- Starkey: Fans should be used to rooting for players with baggage
- Dog-loving fans irate about Vick signing with Steelers
- Steelers won’t change scheme after Pouncey injury