Pounceys vow to defend themselves against nightclub allegations
Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey and twin brother Mike threatened legal action Tuesday against a man accusing them of punching him at a Miami Beach nightclub Saturday.
Riquan James, 24, told the Miami Herald that, during the altercation, the Pounceys used slurs toward him and then one of them hit him.
An attorney for James, Niya Pickett, 32, and Brentley Williams, 24, said a lawsuit against the Pounceys would be filed this week. They have not talked to police.
The Pounceys were not named in a police report stemming from the incident.
“It appears that the accuser is an opportunist seeking attention and possible financial gain,” the Pounceys' attorney, Jeff Ostrow, told the Herald. “Any attempt by the accuser or anyone else to bring an action against them based upon these false allegations will be vigorously defended. If the accuser continues to perpetuate these lies, we will bring an action against him.”
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Increasing pressure on QBs will be offseason focus for Steelers
- Steelers mum on national report involving head of security
- Steelers sign punter Wing to 1-year extension
- Steelers’ Rooney says both teams should use same footballs
- Steelers’ Rooney ‘not expecting a problem’ with new Big Ben deal
- Steelers injured running back Bell won’t be in uniform for Pro Bowl
- NFL names sportsmanship award after Steelers founder
- Steelers sign CFL defensive end Lemon
- Steelers’ unrestricted free agent Moats proves worth at linebacker
- Seven questions facing Steelers in quest for seventh Super Bowl title