Steelers cut linebacker Kion Wilson, sign cornerback Toler
Kion Wilson, an inside linebacker who started two games early last season after Larry Foote was injured, was waived by the Steelers on Thursday, the day before the start of training camp.
Wilson, a former South Florida player, made 12 tackles in seven games last season. To replace Wilson, the Steelers signed former Rutgers cornerback Lew Toler, who attended the May rookie camp as an invited player.
Toler's final college season was cut short by a broken left arm in October.
The roster move was reported on the NFL's daily transactions list.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers’ Wheaton adjusting his game moving to slot receiver
- Inside the Steelers: Ventrone suffers right ankle injury
- Steelers LB Timmons has grown into leadership role on defense
- Steelers RB Archer trying to catch up after tough rookie season
- Steelers notebook: Backup QB Gradkowski remains out with shoulder issue
- Butler, Steelers defense take on new challenges
- Steelers’ offense outshines defense like never before
- Steelers RB Bell ready despite being in limbo
- Steelers tackle Beachum braces for competition along offensive line
- Report: Ex-Steelers RB Bettis says he sold crack, shot at people while growing up in Detroit
- Steelers’ Brown arrives in style, vows to be ‘the best in the world’