Ex-wife shot while playing organ in church
An elementary school music teacher shot his ex-wife while she played the organ during church service and, after leaving briefly, returned and shot her again to ensure she was dead, police said.
Congregants eventually overpowered Gregory Eldred, ending the shooting Sunday at the First United Presbyterian Church of Coudersport.
The shooting was detailed in a criminal complaint filed Monday against Eldred, 52, of Coudersport. He remained jailed without bond.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Judge OKs gender surgery for 48-year-old called mentally incompetent by parents
- Retired LCB official, expected to plead guilty to kickbacks, stands to lose $52K pension
- Casey, Coons become 32nd, 33rd senators to back nuclear deal with Iran
- Bishop’s ex-assistant in Venango charged with Lutheran synod thefts
- Pennsylvania welfare employees targeted in crackdown
- Philly-area school district says it can’t make payroll amid budget stalemate
- Potential suspension of Pennsylvania AG’s license unusual
- Grieving pet owners find loving support in Pennsylvania group
- Wall drawings of turn-of-the-century prizefighter found in Lancaster home
- Pennsylvania’s new online voter registration site goes live
- State’s high court rules in favor of turnpike worker, will get another chance to prove his firing violated whistlebower laws