Ex-wife shot while playing organ in church
An elementary school music teacher shot his ex-wife while she played the organ during church service and, after leaving briefly, returned and shot her again to ensure she was dead, police said.
Congregants eventually overpowered Gregory Eldred, ending the shooting Sunday at the First United Presbyterian Church of Coudersport.
The shooting was detailed in a criminal complaint filed Monday against Eldred, 52, of Coudersport. He remained jailed without bond.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sparks fly in Philadelphia in 2nd campaign debate between Corbett, Wolf
- Deer hunting curtailed amid manhunt for ambush suspect
- Flags lowered to mourn Pa. state trooper shot dead during gun training
- Steroid bust nets prison guards, would-be NFLer
- AP classes put college-bound students on fast track
- Cop killer Abu-Jamal to speak by recording to Vermont school ceremonies
- Cop killer to address college commencement
- Education top priority for Pa. voters, poll shows
- Judge OKs alternative for 2 turnpike corruption case defendants
- Police find pipe bombs in woods during manhunt for suspect in trooper ambush
- Amaranth plant venture aims to improve deficient diets