Ex-wife shot while playing organ in church
An elementary school music teacher shot his ex-wife while she played the organ during church service and, after leaving briefly, returned and shot her again to ensure she was dead, police said.
Congregants eventually overpowered Gregory Eldred, ending the shooting Sunday at the First United Presbyterian Church of Coudersport.
The shooting was detailed in a criminal complaint filed Monday against Eldred, 52, of Coudersport. He remained jailed without bond.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Customers rarely utilize right to cancel a contract
- Pennsylvania school performance scores stuck in limbo
- Negra will serve on liquor board
- Attorneys want ‘Kids for Cash’ figure’s windfall frozen
- Probation board member in Pa. porn email scandal retires
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court justice sorry for porn email, blasts boss
- Under bill, taxes could rise for workers in Pa.’s distressed cities — except Pittsburgh
- Supreme Court justices taunt each other over pornographic emails
- Off-campus student arrested in Penn State threat
- Pa. boy, 10, to be tried as adult in death of 90-year-old woman
- State legislator exchanges gunshots with would-be robber near Capitol