Ex-wife shot while playing organ in church
By The Associated Press
Published: Monday, December 3, 2012, 8:04 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
An elementary school music teacher shot his ex-wife while she played the organ during church service and, after leaving briefly, returned and shot her again to ensure she was dead, police said.
Congregants eventually overpowered Gregory Eldred, ending the shooting Sunday at the First United Presbyterian Church of Coudersport.
The shooting was detailed in a criminal complaint filed Monday against Eldred, 52, of Coudersport. He remained jailed without bond.
- Local ‘drummer boys’ plan march from Pittsburgh to Gettysburg
- 57 W.Pa. hopefuls missed filing deadline, data show
- Winter bee deaths devastate keepers
- $6M in Centax payouts planned
- Driver dies in Mercer County crash
- Judge snookered by service dog claim
- No known illnesses from Legionella bacteria found in Washington County VA clinic, official says
- Nuclear plant evacuation plan raises concerns
- Trib reporter’s Iraq stories win top Pa. press award
- Ex-Philadelphia officer once hailed as hero faces charges
- Corbett to tap new education secretary
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.