Hunters find human remains in Greene County
Two hunters found human remains on Saturday afternoon in a wooded area of Mt. Morris, the Greene County Coroner's Office confirmed on Sunday.
Officials were called to a scene near the 200 block of Gas Company Road, according to a statement from County Coroner Gregory Rohanna.
He confirmed that the remains were human but declined to release any further findings on Sunday.
State police from the Waynesburg barracks are investigating the death.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Researchers at Pa.’s top universities take to the web to fund projects
- 7 hurt in buggy, SUV crash in Pennsylvania Dutch country
- $250,000 in Rolexes taken from Altoona mall
- Beds needed for thousands hoping to see pope in Philly
- Crawford County man gets prison — and lecture — for tattooing 12-year-old
- Ohio woman shot to death nearly 3 days before police find body in Neshannock home
- Kane’s office backtracks on prosecution in email scandal
- Pennsylvania legislative leader Costa blasts suggestion of session before Wolf sworn in as governor
- Feds accused of bullying state over police test
- DEP awaiting tests for ‘cat urine’ smell in New Castle
- Child porn busts on rise