Authorities identify remains found in Mercer County
Skeletal remains found in a heavily wooded area belong to a man reported missing in July, State Police in Mercer County said Sunday.
Police identified the remains as those of Donald Lee Mariacher, 80, of East Lackawannock.
Police said Mariacher was last seen at his residence on July 13. A hunter found the remains on Dec. 1, about three-fourths of a mile from Mariacher's home.
The Mercer County Coroner's Office said Mariacher died from exposure and ruled his death an accident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wolf touts in-home care for seniors
- Walking gets increasingly deadly for pedestrians in Pa.
- As House looks to dismantle state stores, hybrid system might be option
- Liquor privatization bill clears Pennsylvania House panel
- Pa. Senate approves ‘paycheck protection’ constitutional amendment
- ‘Tipping point’ near for Pa. government, conservative expert predicts at Freedom Forum
- 3 killed, 1 wounded in Philadelphia shootings
- PEMA, National Guard helping Bradford after water runs dry
- Former state Treasurer McCord’s quick fall prompts deeper analysis
- Western Pennsylvania shivers toward record for coldest February
- State could join feds in job training probe