Authorities identify remains found in Mercer County
Skeletal remains found in a heavily wooded area belong to a man reported missing in July, State Police in Mercer County said Sunday.
Police identified the remains as those of Donald Lee Mariacher, 80, of East Lackawannock.
Police said Mariacher was last seen at his residence on July 13. A hunter found the remains on Dec. 1, about three-fourths of a mile from Mariacher's home.
The Mercer County Coroner's Office said Mariacher died from exposure and ruled his death an accident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pennsylvania court rules police videos can be public records
- Living Treasures animal park plans upset Liberty residents
- Quiet Capitol gives no hope for quick Pennsylvania budget agreement
- Man in Lawrence County, pair in West Virginia injured by fireworks
- Philly’s new vibrancy lures crowds
- Drag racer gets prison in deaths of mom, 3 boys struck in Philly street
- Pa. could ease restrictions on fireworks, reaping big bang in taxes
- ‘We are’ chant now a permanent fixture on Penn State campus
- 2 from Western Pennsylvania charged with insurance fraud
- Donora-Webster bridge plunges into Mon River after 107 years
- State cites Greene County mine after fatality, checking ventilation doors