New Castle police seek help finding assault suspect
Police are seeking a New Castle man accused of beating a woman with a baseball bat early Sunday, authorities said.
Officers went to an apartment in the 800 block of West Washington Street shortly after 1 a.m. Sunday after being told a woman had been assaulted. They found the victim on a kitchen floor bleeding from the head and face; she was flown to St. Elizabeth Hospital in Youngstown, police said.
Police issued an arrest warrant for Donald Cleaver, 34, on charges of attempted homicide, aggravated assault and other offenses.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to call New Castle Police at 724-656-9300.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wolf’s 320-mile trip amid travel ban ripped
- Defense: Tests show life term in 1975 slaying is ‘excessive’
- Erie Zoo’s lynx triplets on display, first cubs since 1971
- East Coast communities drenched by deadly storms
- Woman dies in three-vehicle crash in Greene County
- I-84 exit in northeast Pa. to be renamed for slain trooper
- Penn State coin toss will omit alumnus linked to Sandusky’s charity
- Pennsylvania state liquor stores plan lottery for limited releases
- Homeless shelter for battered spouses, children sues Allegheny County over $530K in funding
- Senator Casey supports substance abuse bills
- 2 Turnpike interchanges to go cashless; results will decide collectors’ fate