New Castle police seek help finding assault suspect
Police are seeking a New Castle man accused of beating a woman with a baseball bat early Sunday, authorities said.
Officers went to an apartment in the 800 block of West Washington Street shortly after 1 a.m. Sunday after being told a woman had been assaulted. They found the victim on a kitchen floor bleeding from the head and face; she was flown to St. Elizabeth Hospital in Youngstown, police said.
Police issued an arrest warrant for Donald Cleaver, 34, on charges of attempted homicide, aggravated assault and other offenses.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to call New Castle Police at 724-656-9300.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pennsylvania court rules police videos are public records
- Living Treasures animal park plans upset Liberty residents
- Philly’s new vibrancy lures crowds
- Quiet Capitol gives no hope for quick Pennsylvania budget agreement
- Man in Lawrence County, pair in West Virginia injured by fireworks
- Drag racer gets prison in deaths of mom, 3 boys struck in Philly street
- Donora-Webster bridge plunges into Mon River after 107 years
- Allentown mayor says he’s cooperating with federal probe
- New trial sought in 1977 Washington County murder case
- Industry reps tout upside of online gambling in pitch to Pennsylvania legislators
- 2 from Western Pennsylvania charged with insurance fraud