New Castle police seek help finding assault suspect
Police are seeking a New Castle man accused of beating a woman with a baseball bat early Sunday, authorities said.
Officers went to an apartment in the 800 block of West Washington Street shortly after 1 a.m. Sunday after being told a woman had been assaulted. They found the victim on a kitchen floor bleeding from the head and face; she was flown to St. Elizabeth Hospital in Youngstown, police said.
Police issued an arrest warrant for Donald Cleaver, 34, on charges of attempted homicide, aggravated assault and other offenses.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to call New Castle Police at 724-656-9300.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LCB ruling could mean home-delivered beer in Pa.
- Sandusky won’t get his pension back
- Liquor Control Board, Pennsylvania universities target problem drinking
- Poor sales sink multi-state Monopoly Millionaires’ Club lottery
- Newsmaker: Jeffrey Leonhardt
- DA expects charges soon in $1.2M Shenango Township thefts
- Philadelphia mother pleads guilty as boy, 2, shoots, kills sister
- Crawford County deer hunter dies of heart problem
- Western Pennsylvania lawmakers among 200 who lost pensions for bad behavior
- Search intensifies for Philly-area gunman who killed 6
- Erie man charged with 1990 slaying of Virginia Beach woman