Coroner: 7-month-old fetus found in Lancaster school
LANCASTER — A dead 7-month-old fetus was found at a local high school, a central Pennsylvania coroner said.
The discovery was made Tuesday night at McCaskey East High School, Lancaster County Coroner Steve Diamantoni said.
Diamantoni said he was called to the school about 10 p.m. Tuesday. He said he couldn't disclose exactly where the fetus was found.
An autopsy was done Wednesday, but the coroner said the cause and manner of death are pending, the (Lancaster) Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era said.
A School District of Lancaster spokeswoman did not immediately return a call seeking comment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Researchers at Pennsylvania’s top universities take to the web to fund projects
- Beds needed for thousands hoping to see pope in Philly
- DEP awaiting tests for ‘cat urine’ smell in New Castle
- Kane’s office backtracks on prosecution in email scandal
- Pennsylvania legislative leader Costa blasts suggestion of session before Wolf sworn in as governor
- Conneaut Lake Park to take case to court for tax-exempt status
- Feds accused of bullying state over police test
- Crawford County man gets prison — and lecture — for tattooing 12-year-old
- Evaporating cap on Pa. gasoline taxes to offset drops at pump
- Pa. high court stops closure of health centers
- Academic ‘redshirting’ a kindergarten year parental worry