Child porn net drops on 2 region men
Two Southwestern Pennsylvania men — including a student at an Indiana County automotive technical school — are among four arrested in a recent statewide crackdown of alleged child pornography offenders.
Attorney General Kathleen G. Kane said Michael DelTufo, 25, of 45 Wyoming Drive, Apt. 208 A, Blairsville; and Gregory Vaughn, 45, of 2055 Ader Road, Penn Township, were among those arrested. Also facing child pornography charges filed by agents from Kane's office are Ronald Stubblebine, 22, of Exeter Road, Reading, Berks County; and Christopher Zink, 39, of 2 South Baltimore St., Apt. 2, Franklintown, York County.
According to a criminal complaint filed before Clymer District Judge George Thachik, DelTufo was identified by agents conducting an online investigation indicating multiple downloads of suspected child pornography on his computer. DelTufo, a student at WyoTech, allegedly admitted to agents that he downloaded sexually graphic images of children as young as 3 years old, according to an affidavit of probable cause filed before Thachik.
He was arrested May 17 by agents from the attorney general's child predator section, with the assistance of state police in Indiana. He is being held in the Indiana County jail in lieu of $75,000 cash bail pending a preliminary hearing Thursday.
A search of DelTufo's apartment resulted in the seizure of a laptop and iPad, which are still being analyzed by the attorney general's computer forensics unit as part of a continuing investigation, Kane reported.
DelTufo is charged with four counts of distribution of child pornography, 10 counts of possession of child pornography and one count of criminal use of a communication facility.
Kane said state police and WyoTech assisted with the investigation.
Vaughn was arrested Friday by agents from the unit when a similar investigation disclosed multiple downloads of suspected child pornography on his computer.
Penn Township police assisted with that arrest.
He was arraigned before Harrison City District Judge Helen Kistler and committed to the Westmoreland County jail in lieu of $50,000 cash bail. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for June 4.
Agents confiscated other computers, a cellular telephone and VHS tapes that are still being analyzed, Kane reported.
Vaughn is charged with six counts of possession of child pornography, five counts of distribution of child pornography, and one count of criminal use of a communication facility.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Poor sales sink multi-state Monopoly Millionaires’ Club lottery
- Pennsylvania Marine who killed family takes own life
- Newsmaker: Jeffrey Leonhardt
- Most Penn State trustees boycott special meeting on legal action against football program
- Western Pennsylvania lawmakers among 200 who lost pensions for bad behavior
- DA expects charges soon in $1.2M Shenango Township thefts
- Greene County woman, 65, killed when crane truck hits SUV
- State lottery scratch-off tickets bring instant cheer as holiday gifts
- In poll, many Pennsylvanians predict taxes will rise under Wolf
- ‘Chaos on the street’ alleged in Philly
- Great Lakes in line for $300M for cleanup, habitat protection projects