3 killed in crash near Allentown; 4th person hurt
ALLENTOWN — Two brothers and an uncle died in a two-car crash late Sunday while making a convenience-store run a short distance from their home, authorities said.
Kenneth Marcks, 35, his brother Chad Fluck, 23, who was driving, and uncle Thomas Fallstich, 46, were identified as the victims. The crash occurred about 10 blocks from the home they shared in Salisbury Township, outside Allentown.
The driver of the second car was hospitalized with injuries that were not believed to be life-threatening.
Speed appeared to play a role in the crash, Allentown police Capt. Glen Dorney said.
An accident reconstruction team is trying to determine exactly what happened.
Monday would have been Marcks' 13th wedding anniversary.
He had lost his job as a forklift operator but was scheduled to have a job interview Monday, said his wife, Amanda. They have four children, 6 to 14.
Amanda Marcks said the three men left home for a convenience store up the street, a trip they made regularly.
“They were supposed to come right back. But they didn't come back,” she told The Express-Times newspaper of Easton.
The three victims lived with seven other family members in the home of Donna Marcks, the brothers' mother.
Fluck, who had been working as a welder, had been hurt on the job and was on leave.
“They were good people who would do anything for anybody,” Donna Marcks said. “If somebody needed help, they would be there.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Conneaut Lake Park to take case to court for tax-exempt status
- Ohio woman shot to death nearly 3 days before police find body in Neshannock home
- Pennsylvania legislative leader Costa blasts suggestion of session before Wolf sworn in as governor
- Geologist: Site of idyllic 1833 painting of Lancaster found
- Attorney general Kane reverses claim about child porn in emails
- Kane’s office backtracks on prosecution in email scandal
- Child porn busts on rise
- Cold sets record high of 21 for Nov. 18
- Philly stadium-district casino wins new license
- Obama’s climate plan unfair to Pennsylvania, Casey says