Pittsburgh man's body found in Pymatuning Lake
Crews have pulled the body of a Pittsburgh man from a northwestern Pennsylvania lake where the man entered the water trying to help a friend who had fallen off a boat they were on.
The body of 47-year-old Lawrence Page was found about 5 p.m. Wednesday in Pymatuning Lake.
Authorities had been searching since Saturday when Page jumped from a pontoon boat to help a woman who fell into the water. She was rescued by other people on the boat who pulled the woman with a net, but Page went under the water and couldn't be rescued.
The lake is in Pymatuning State Park, which straddles the Ohio-Pennsylvania border about 90 miles north of Pittsburgh.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sparks fly at 2nd Corbett, Wolf campaign debate
- Flags lowered to mourn Pa. state trooper shot dead during gun training
- Cop killer to address college commencement
- 2 men held in fatal Mercer County mobile home heist
- Judge OKs alternative for 2 turnpike corruption case defendants
- Cop killer Abu-Jamal to speak by recording to Vermont school ceremonies
- Bishop mum on accused priest
- Police find pipe bombs in woods during manhunt for suspect in trooper ambush
- AP classes put college-bound students on fast track
- Cambria County calf wears No. 7 as well as Big Ben
- Pa. not ready to abandon lethal injections