Six injured in three-car crash in Mercer County
A three-vehicle crash injured six people in Mercer County, state police said.
A car driven by Susan N. Wright, 21, of Meadville exited off Interstate 79 Friday and was trying to turn left on Route 358 in New Vernon when she collided with an SUV driven by James L. Back, 31, of Sharon. His car then collided with a car driven by Benjamin A. Swogger, 19, of Clarks Mills, police said.
Dale M. Thompson, a passenger in Wright's vehicle, had what police called “major injuries.” Thompson, 41, of Sharpsville was taken to UPMC Greenville. Wright and two of her passengers — Dorothy M. Long, 53, of Meadville and an unidentified 4-year-old boy — received moderate injuries and were taken to UPMC Greenville. Back and Swogger received minor injuries. Police charged Wright with failing to stop at the sign.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Big break in trooper ambush probe: suspect’s abandoned SUV
- Police: Suspect Frein in Pa. trooper ambush ‘extremely dangerous’
- Comcast cuts showings of anti-pigeon shooting commercial featuring Barker
- Manchin, Toomey to seek greater flexibility for veterans’ career counselors
- ‘Racy’ emails could stay hidden under Pennsylvania open records law
- Police: Barracks ambush suspect sought mass murder
- Police: Drunk prowler stole only Altoona couple’s candy
- Pennsylvania medical marijuana supporters hold Capitol rally
- Poll: Likely voters strongly back Wolf for Pa. gov
- Activist spotlights nation’s food waste with Pa. stop
- Newborn born to Philly woman fatally wounded by stray bullet dies