Six injured in three-car crash in Mercer County
A three-vehicle crash injured six people in Mercer County, state police said.
A car driven by Susan N. Wright, 21, of Meadville exited off Interstate 79 Friday and was trying to turn left on Route 358 in New Vernon when she collided with an SUV driven by James L. Back, 31, of Sharon. His car then collided with a car driven by Benjamin A. Swogger, 19, of Clarks Mills, police said.
Dale M. Thompson, a passenger in Wright's vehicle, had what police called “major injuries.” Thompson, 41, of Sharpsville was taken to UPMC Greenville. Wright and two of her passengers — Dorothy M. Long, 53, of Meadville and an unidentified 4-year-old boy — received moderate injuries and were taken to UPMC Greenville. Back and Swogger received minor injuries. Police charged Wright with failing to stop at the sign.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Weather closes Penn State for first time in 8 years
- Wolf to outline charter school plan in budget address
- ‘Tipping point’ near for Pa. government, conservative expert predicts at Freedom Forum
- 1 killed in Lawrence County tractor-trailer crash
- Snow causes roof to collapse at Crawford County plastics plant
- As House looks to dismantle state stores, hybrid system might be option
- 242 Pennsylvania workers not state residents
- Former state Treasurer McCord’s quick fall prompts deeper analysis
- State could join feds in job training probe