Six injured in three-car crash in Mercer County
A three-vehicle crash injured six people in Mercer County, state police said.
A car driven by Susan N. Wright, 21, of Meadville exited off Interstate 79 Friday and was trying to turn left on Route 358 in New Vernon when she collided with an SUV driven by James L. Back, 31, of Sharon. His car then collided with a car driven by Benjamin A. Swogger, 19, of Clarks Mills, police said.
Dale M. Thompson, a passenger in Wright's vehicle, had what police called “major injuries.” Thompson, 41, of Sharpsville was taken to UPMC Greenville. Wright and two of her passengers — Dorothy M. Long, 53, of Meadville and an unidentified 4-year-old boy — received moderate injuries and were taken to UPMC Greenville. Back and Swogger received minor injuries. Police charged Wright with failing to stop at the sign.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man decorating Scranton-area family grave is killed by falling headstone
- Sex-soaked culture faulted for fraternity house parties
- Part of Paternos’ case rejected
- Lawyers in Philadelphia allege racketeering a dealer scheme
- Pennsylvania’s DEP chief seeking gas pipeline strategy
- More Pennsylvania counties resist detaining illegal immigrants in jails
- Penn State fraternity suspended over Facebook page with nude pictures
- Veteran designation on Pennsylvania driver’s licenses loosely audited
- Four veterinarians charged for doping race horses at Penn National
- Mother, grandparents of starved boy sentenced to prison
- Impact of Ohio’s moves to reduce Lake Erie algae years away