Six injured in three-car crash in Mercer County
A three-vehicle crash injured six people in Mercer County, state police said.
A car driven by Susan N. Wright, 21, of Meadville exited off Interstate 79 Friday and was trying to turn left on Route 358 in New Vernon when she collided with an SUV driven by James L. Back, 31, of Sharon. His car then collided with a car driven by Benjamin A. Swogger, 19, of Clarks Mills, police said.
Dale M. Thompson, a passenger in Wright's vehicle, had what police called “major injuries.” Thompson, 41, of Sharpsville was taken to UPMC Greenville. Wright and two of her passengers — Dorothy M. Long, 53, of Meadville and an unidentified 4-year-old boy — received moderate injuries and were taken to UPMC Greenville. Back and Swogger received minor injuries. Police charged Wright with failing to stop at the sign.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pennsylvania’s teacher pension system scores D plus, National Council on Teacher Quality says
- Officials dissent on whether offices can prohibit, charge to photograph public record documents
- State court blocks release of emails between Freeh investigators, AG’s office
- ‘Free’ wine kiosk initiative costs state Liquor Control Board $300K
- Senate Finance Committee advances amendment that could affect nonprofit taxes
- Brookville man gets 40 to 80 years for killing man, cutting body with saw
- Nonprofit tax break proposal may get Pa. Senate committee vote this week