Six injured in three-car crash in Mercer County
A three-vehicle crash injured six people in Mercer County, state police said.
A car driven by Susan N. Wright, 21, of Meadville exited off Interstate 79 Friday and was trying to turn left on Route 358 in New Vernon when she collided with an SUV driven by James L. Back, 31, of Sharon. His car then collided with a car driven by Benjamin A. Swogger, 19, of Clarks Mills, police said.
Dale M. Thompson, a passenger in Wright's vehicle, had what police called “major injuries.” Thompson, 41, of Sharpsville was taken to UPMC Greenville. Wright and two of her passengers — Dorothy M. Long, 53, of Meadville and an unidentified 4-year-old boy — received moderate injuries and were taken to UPMC Greenville. Back and Swogger received minor injuries. Police charged Wright with failing to stop at the sign.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Businesses brace for papal crowds
- ‘Tomato King’ Procacci seeks control of Lawrence Downs racino project
- Casey, Coons become 32nd, 33rd senators to back nuclear deal with Iran
- Retired LCB official, expected to plead guilty to kickbacks, stands to lose $52K pension
- Pa. welfare workers threatened with firings over financial forms
- Potential suspension of Pennsylvania AG’s license unusual
- Bishop’s ex-assistant in Venango charged with Lutheran synod thefts
- Trio charged with running $54M green-energy Ponzi scheme