Six injured in three-car crash in Mercer County
A three-vehicle crash injured six people in Mercer County, state police said.
A car driven by Susan N. Wright, 21, of Meadville exited off Interstate 79 Friday and was trying to turn left on Route 358 in New Vernon when she collided with an SUV driven by James L. Back, 31, of Sharon. His car then collided with a car driven by Benjamin A. Swogger, 19, of Clarks Mills, police said.
Dale M. Thompson, a passenger in Wright's vehicle, had what police called “major injuries.” Thompson, 41, of Sharpsville was taken to UPMC Greenville. Wright and two of her passengers — Dorothy M. Long, 53, of Meadville and an unidentified 4-year-old boy — received moderate injuries and were taken to UPMC Greenville. Back and Swogger received minor injuries. Police charged Wright with failing to stop at the sign.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pennsylvania senator’s statewide solution to regulate taxi, ride services gains steam
- Pennsylvania university enrollments continue to decline
- Lottery wants volunteer witnesses from Western Pennsylvania
- Civil rights leader, subject of Kane’s alleged leak, Whyatt Mondesire dies at 65
- Audit: Work of adviser in Pa. Dept. of Education hard to pin down
- Today is last day to register for Nov. 3 election in Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania’s new online voter registration draws tens of thousands