Six injured in three-car crash in Mercer County
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 1:57 p.m.
A three-vehicle crash injured six people in Mercer County, state police said.
A car driven by Susan N. Wright, 21, of Meadville exited off Interstate 79 Friday and was trying to turn left on Route 358 in New Vernon when she collided with an SUV driven by James L. Back, 31, of Sharon. His car then collided with a car driven by Benjamin A. Swogger, 19, of Clarks Mills, police said.
Dale M. Thompson, a passenger in Wright's vehicle, had what police called “major injuries.” Thompson, 41, of Sharpsville was taken to UPMC Greenville. Wright and two of her passengers — Dorothy M. Long, 53, of Meadville and an unidentified 4-year-old boy — received moderate injuries and were taken to UPMC Greenville. Back and Swogger received minor injuries. Police charged Wright with failing to stop at the sign.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- State College restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Visiting Corbett stumps for education budget
- Quicker ruling sought in Pennsylvania gay marriage ban case
- York teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Beaver County men accused of crimes during PSU drinking holiday
- Race for lieutenant governor often overlooked in Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania sting scouted private liquor store sites
- Philanthropist helps waitress become nurse