Six injured in three-car crash in Mercer County
A three-vehicle crash injured six people in Mercer County, state police said.
A car driven by Susan N. Wright, 21, of Meadville exited off Interstate 79 Friday and was trying to turn left on Route 358 in New Vernon when she collided with an SUV driven by James L. Back, 31, of Sharon. His car then collided with a car driven by Benjamin A. Swogger, 19, of Clarks Mills, police said.
Dale M. Thompson, a passenger in Wright's vehicle, had what police called “major injuries.” Thompson, 41, of Sharpsville was taken to UPMC Greenville. Wright and two of her passengers — Dorothy M. Long, 53, of Meadville and an unidentified 4-year-old boy — received moderate injuries and were taken to UPMC Greenville. Back and Swogger received minor injuries. Police charged Wright with failing to stop at the sign.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Republican legislator estimates selling state liquor system could net $1B
- 1 dead in New Castle house fire deemed suspicious
- Poconos-area man who helped subdue gunman among Carnegie Heroes
- Philadelphia police commissioner urges caution after shootings of officers
- Licensing boards increase fees to cover costs that include investigations
- Liquor Control Board, Pennsylvania universities target problem drinking
- Reading deals with ‘ugly’ tree saga
- PSU employee kicks cancer, picks up degree
- Secret Santa saves the day for York County senior center residents