Six injured in three-car crash in Mercer County
A three-vehicle crash injured six people in Mercer County, state police said.
A car driven by Susan N. Wright, 21, of Meadville exited off Interstate 79 Friday and was trying to turn left on Route 358 in New Vernon when she collided with an SUV driven by James L. Back, 31, of Sharon. His car then collided with a car driven by Benjamin A. Swogger, 19, of Clarks Mills, police said.
Dale M. Thompson, a passenger in Wright's vehicle, had what police called “major injuries.” Thompson, 41, of Sharpsville was taken to UPMC Greenville. Wright and two of her passengers — Dorothy M. Long, 53, of Meadville and an unidentified 4-year-old boy — received moderate injuries and were taken to UPMC Greenville. Back and Swogger received minor injuries. Police charged Wright with failing to stop at the sign.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- ‘We are’ chant now a permanent fixture on Penn State campus
- State cites Greene County mine after fatality, checking ventilation doors
- 2 from Western Pennsylvania charged with insurance fraud
- Donora-Webster bridge plunges into Mon River after 107 years
- New trial sought in 1977 Washington County murder case
- Pa. spared earthquakes from deep-shale drilling
- Lehigh Valley woman pleads guilty in knife-throwing death
- Pa. could ease restrictions on fireworks, reaping big bang in taxes
- Presque Isle Downs cancels thoroughbred races because of running deer
- Jailed Philadelphia priest could get papal visit
- FBI questions Allentown mayor, seizes contract documents