Newsmaker: Nancy Donatelli
Notable: Donatelli was named a 2013 inductee to the Academy of Emergency Nursing, which honors nurses nationwide who make substantial contributions to the field, advance the profession and provide leadership. She will be inducted on Sept. 18 in Nashville. Nine emergency nurses are being honored this year.
Residence: New Wilmington
Family: Husband, Jim, three horses and a dog
Background: Donatelli has been in nursing for 45 years, including serving as president of the Emergency Nurses Association in 1988.
Education: Diploma graduate in nursing from Citizens General Hospital in New Kensington in 1968. Bachelor's degree in education from California University of Pennsylvania in 1975. Master's degree in business from Indiana University of Pennsylvania in 1979. Certified in emergency nursing in the first-ever exam given in 1980, and recertified since then. Also nurse executive-board certified from 1988 to the present.
Quote: “It's an amazing honor. There have been 110 inducted into the academy, while our overall membership is 40,000, so I feel blessed.”
— John D. Oravecz
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Family wins back rare gold coins
- Goodyear deal with PennDOT blurs lines of business, government
- Wolf criticizes UPMC wages; health giant suggests union motivations
- Allentown Mayor Pawlowski to run for U.S. Senate
- Greene County Veterans Affairs office plans meetings to offer info, assistance with benefits
- Legislators ask Pennsylvania AG Kane to examine claims of fraud in racino agreement
- Another PennDOT contractor charged with corruption