Newsmaker: Nancy Donatelli
Notable: Donatelli was named a 2013 inductee to the Academy of Emergency Nursing, which honors nurses nationwide who make substantial contributions to the field, advance the profession and provide leadership. She will be inducted on Sept. 18 in Nashville. Nine emergency nurses are being honored this year.
Residence: New Wilmington
Family: Husband, Jim, three horses and a dog
Background: Donatelli has been in nursing for 45 years, including serving as president of the Emergency Nurses Association in 1988.
Education: Diploma graduate in nursing from Citizens General Hospital in New Kensington in 1968. Bachelor's degree in education from California University of Pennsylvania in 1975. Master's degree in business from Indiana University of Pennsylvania in 1979. Certified in emergency nursing in the first-ever exam given in 1980, and recertified since then. Also nurse executive-board certified from 1988 to the present.
Quote: “It's an amazing honor. There have been 110 inducted into the academy, while our overall membership is 40,000, so I feel blessed.”
— John D. Oravecz
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pennsylvania senator’s statewide solution to regulate taxi, ride services gains steam
- Pennsylvania university enrollments continue to decline
- Audit: Work of adviser in Pa. Dept. of Education hard to pin down
- Civil rights leader, subject of Kane’s alleged leak, Whyatt Mondesire dies at 65
- Pennsylvania’s new online voter registration draws tens of thousands
- Wolf’s 320-mile trip amid travel ban ripped
- Today is last day to register for Nov. 3 election in Pennsylvania
- Penn State THON organizers to review ‘canning’ safety