Police find likely murder-suicide near Lawrence County lake
State police are investigating a possible murder-suicide near a state-owned lake in Lawrence County.
North Beaver Township police were called to the parking lot of Bessemer Lake around 3:45 p.m. Thursday where they found Ronald Hartman, 54, dead on the ground near a pickup truck with an apparent gunshot wound.
Shirley Rivardo, 50, was discovered inside the truck with a gunshot wound. She was transported to St. Elizabeth Hospital in Youngstown, where she was pronounced dead.
Police said it appears Hartman shot Rivardo and then shot himself.
A passer-by spotted Hartman lying on the ground and called 911.
Police say the couple lived together in a house not far from the lake west of New Castle.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pope to join gallery of murals in Philadelphia
- Bigger version of Dutch artist’s giant rubber duck coming to Philadelphia
- New Castle man gets prison for rape of girl seen on flea market tablet computer
- Greene County woman found dead in burning home
- Man claiming 1988 abuse by Sandusky seeks way into court
- Pa. Gov. Wolf proposes to add $28M a year for human services
- Penn State fraternity suspended for 3 years
- Families use children’s obituary notices to shine light on drug addiction
- Nonprofits in Pa. barely break even, survey finds
- Pennsylvania Senate panel balks at recommending Wolf nominee