Police find likely murder-suicide near Lawrence County lake
State police are investigating a possible murder-suicide near a state-owned lake in Lawrence County.
North Beaver Township police were called to the parking lot of Bessemer Lake around 3:45 p.m. Thursday where they found Ronald Hartman, 54, dead on the ground near a pickup truck with an apparent gunshot wound.
Shirley Rivardo, 50, was discovered inside the truck with a gunshot wound. She was transported to St. Elizabeth Hospital in Youngstown, where she was pronounced dead.
Police said it appears Hartman shot Rivardo and then shot himself.
A passer-by spotted Hartman lying on the ground and called 911.
Police say the couple lived together in a house not far from the lake west of New Castle.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Carjacked vehicle hits Philly crowd, kills 2 children
- Upper St. Clair family’s efforts pay off as governor signs Down syndrome education bill
- Mom, daughter die from injuries in food truck blast
- Pa. to host international Mennonite conference
- Police: Mom, grandparents nearly starved Mercer County boy, 7
- Driver in fatal Somerset County accident tried to evade tree
- Gov. Corbett signs Pennsylvania state budget, vetoes legislative funding
- Corbett: Pensions a pocketbook issue
- Adopted son talks of Sandusky’s bedtime ‘ritual’
- Environmental groups win in open records case against Corbett
- Philly Nazi suspect dies as extradition request OK’d