Police find likely murder-suicide near Lawrence County lake
State police are investigating a possible murder-suicide near a state-owned lake in Lawrence County.
North Beaver Township police were called to the parking lot of Bessemer Lake around 3:45 p.m. Thursday where they found Ronald Hartman, 54, dead on the ground near a pickup truck with an apparent gunshot wound.
Shirley Rivardo, 50, was discovered inside the truck with a gunshot wound. She was transported to St. Elizabeth Hospital in Youngstown, where she was pronounced dead.
Police said it appears Hartman shot Rivardo and then shot himself.
A passer-by spotted Hartman lying on the ground and called 911.
Police say the couple lived together in a house not far from the lake west of New Castle.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pennsylvania welfare employees targeted in crackdown
- Grieving pet owners find loving support in Pennsylvania group
- Wall drawings of turn-of-the-century prizefighter found in Lancaster home
- Lawyers tour Penn State fraternity house for evidence
- Philly-area school district says it can’t make payroll amid budget stalemate
- Judge holds Pa. AG Kane for trial on 1 felony, 7 misdemeanors
- Pennsylvania’s new online voter registration site goes live
- Pa. Gov. Wolf: Big changes needed in troubled school district