Police find likely murder-suicide near Lawrence County lake
State police are investigating a possible murder-suicide near a state-owned lake in Lawrence County.
North Beaver Township police were called to the parking lot of Bessemer Lake around 3:45 p.m. Thursday where they found Ronald Hartman, 54, dead on the ground near a pickup truck with an apparent gunshot wound.
Shirley Rivardo, 50, was discovered inside the truck with a gunshot wound. She was transported to St. Elizabeth Hospital in Youngstown, where she was pronounced dead.
Police said it appears Hartman shot Rivardo and then shot himself.
A passer-by spotted Hartman lying on the ground and called 911.
Police say the couple lived together in a house not far from the lake west of New Castle.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Family wins back rare gold coins
- Allentown Mayor Pawlowski to run for U.S. Senate
- Greene County Veterans Affairs office plans meetings to offer info, assistance with benefits
- Wolf criticizes UPMC wages; health giant suggests union motivations
- Pair of Centre County judges seeks to destroy cellphone evidence
- Another PennDOT contractor charged with corruption
- Man shot by state trooper after standoff at prison dies
- Johnstown police search for suspect after man fatally shot in car
- Lawyer: 3 more friar abuse suits settled by former Bishop McCort students