Police find likely murder-suicide near Lawrence County lake
State police are investigating a possible murder-suicide near a state-owned lake in Lawrence County.
North Beaver Township police were called to the parking lot of Bessemer Lake around 3:45 p.m. Thursday where they found Ronald Hartman, 54, dead on the ground near a pickup truck with an apparent gunshot wound.
Shirley Rivardo, 50, was discovered inside the truck with a gunshot wound. She was transported to St. Elizabeth Hospital in Youngstown, where she was pronounced dead.
Police said it appears Hartman shot Rivardo and then shot himself.
A passer-by spotted Hartman lying on the ground and called 911.
Police say the couple lived together in a house not far from the lake west of New Castle.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Walking gets increasingly deadly for pedestrians in Pa.
- As House looks to dismantle state stores, hybrid system might be option
- ‘Tipping point’ near for Pa. government, conservative expert predicts at Freedom Forum
- 3 killed, 1 wounded in Philadelphia shootings
- PEMA, National Guard helping Bradford after water runs dry
- Judge orders Harrisburg to stop enforcing 3 gun ordinances
- Liquor privatization bill clears Pennsylvania House panel
- Penn State’s ‘Thon’ raises $13 million
- Pa. Senate approves ‘paycheck protection’ constitutional amendment