Police find likely murder-suicide near Lawrence County lake
State police are investigating a possible murder-suicide near a state-owned lake in Lawrence County.
North Beaver Township police were called to the parking lot of Bessemer Lake around 3:45 p.m. Thursday where they found Ronald Hartman, 54, dead on the ground near a pickup truck with an apparent gunshot wound.
Shirley Rivardo, 50, was discovered inside the truck with a gunshot wound. She was transported to St. Elizabeth Hospital in Youngstown, where she was pronounced dead.
Police said it appears Hartman shot Rivardo and then shot himself.
A passer-by spotted Hartman lying on the ground and called 911.
Police say the couple lived together in a house not far from the lake west of New Castle.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pennsylvania medical marijuana supporters hold Capitol rally
- Newborn born to Philly woman fatally wounded by stray bullet dies
- ‘Racy’ emails could stay hidden under Pennsylvania open records law
- Retiring circuit judge, a Carnegie native, ‘helped tutor generations’
- Troopers hurt while busting alleged drunken driver
- Centre County entrepreneur with ‘new ideas’ named to LCB board
- Man charged in slaying reported voices, police say
- State police trooper shot dead outside northeastern Pa. barracks
- Savagery of ISIS stirs the grief of 9/11 for survivors
- Development of Flight 93 National Memorial focuses on keeping the story alive for generations to come
- Poll: Likely voters strongly back Wolf for Pa. gov