Ex-boyfriend nabbed in alleged Central Pa. kidnap
COLUMBIA — A Central Pennsylvania man allegedly used a gun to kidnap his ex-girlfriend early Sunday but was caught a short time later at his apartment.
Jonathan Marizan-Diaz, 24, of Columbia showed a gun when he saw his ex-girlfriend walking with another man about 3 a.m., police said.
The woman told police that Marizan-Diaz forced her to go with him and that she was afraid.
They were found a short time later in his apartment.
Marizan-Diaz was charged with kidnapping, unlawful restraint, terroristic threats, stalking and simple assault.
He's being held in Lancaster County jail, unable to post $50,000 bond.
No attorney was listed on court papers. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Friday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pennsylvania senator’s statewide solution to regulate taxi, ride services gains steam
- Pennsylvania university enrollments continue to decline
- Audit: Work of adviser in Pa. Dept. of Education hard to pin down
- Pennsylvania’s new online voter registration draws tens of thousands
- Civil rights leader, subject of Kane’s alleged leak, Whyatt Mondesire dies at 65
- Penn State THON organizers to review ‘canning’ safety
- Lottery wants volunteer witnesses from Western Pennsylvania
- Senator Casey supports substance abuse bills
- Woman dies in three-vehicle crash in Greene County
- Today is last day to register for Nov. 3 election in Pennsylvania