Ex-boyfriend nabbed in alleged Central Pa. kidnap
By The Associated Press
Published: Sunday, Sept. 29, 2013, 9:09 p.m.
COLUMBIA — A Central Pennsylvania man allegedly used a gun to kidnap his ex-girlfriend early Sunday but was caught a short time later at his apartment.
Jonathan Marizan-Diaz, 24, of Columbia showed a gun when he saw his ex-girlfriend walking with another man about 3 a.m., police said.
The woman told police that Marizan-Diaz forced her to go with him and that she was afraid.
They were found a short time later in his apartment.
Marizan-Diaz was charged with kidnapping, unlawful restraint, terroristic threats, stalking and simple assault.
He's being held in Lancaster County jail, unable to post $50,000 bond.
No attorney was listed on court papers. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Friday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Miss America asks York school to rethink prom question suspension
- York teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Dog wardens will canvass state for license compliance
- Pennsylvania sting scouted private liquor store sites
- Philadelphia robbers steal $105K from armored truck
- Three wounded Franklin Regional students in critical condition
- Tobacco companies expected to contest Pennsylvania’s settlement on payments
- Philanthropist helps waitress become nurse