Ex-boyfriend nabbed in alleged Central Pa. kidnap
COLUMBIA — A Central Pennsylvania man allegedly used a gun to kidnap his ex-girlfriend early Sunday but was caught a short time later at his apartment.
Jonathan Marizan-Diaz, 24, of Columbia showed a gun when he saw his ex-girlfriend walking with another man about 3 a.m., police said.
The woman told police that Marizan-Diaz forced her to go with him and that she was afraid.
They were found a short time later in his apartment.
Marizan-Diaz was charged with kidnapping, unlawful restraint, terroristic threats, stalking and simple assault.
He's being held in Lancaster County jail, unable to post $50,000 bond.
No attorney was listed on court papers. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Friday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Cigarette tax for Philly schools stalls in Capitol
- Pa. road projects safe from feds’ transportation funding delays
- Layoffs possible at 5 state system schools, including Edinboro, Clarion
- Observers mixed on grid backup amid carbon rules, natural gas uncertainty
- Armed doctor’s actions in Philly shooting reinvigorates debate on gun-carry
- Construction of $500M power plant in South Huntingdon stalled
- Mom, daughter die from injuries in food truck blast
- Network planned to distribute Marcellus shale power to East Coast