Philly firefighter's widow sues factory owners
PHILADELPHIA — The widow of a Philadelphia firefighter has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the owners of a vacant warehouse that burned down in April 2012, killing her husband and another firefighter.
Fire Capt. Robert Neary and Lt. Daniel Sweeney died in the blaze.
Neary's wife, Diane Neary, says in a lawsuit filed Sept. 26 the owners failed to address years of complaints that the warehouse was a dangerous haven for looters, drug addicts, squatters and prostitutes.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Conneaut Lake Park to take case to court for tax-exempt status
- Ohio woman shot to death nearly 3 days before police find body in Neshannock home
- Pennsylvania legislative leader Costa blasts suggestion of session before Wolf sworn in as governor
- Cold sets record high of 21 for Nov. 18
- Geologist: Site of idyllic 1833 painting of Lancaster found
- Erie ties record low but avoids heavy snowfall
- Attorney general Kane reverses claim about child porn in emails
- Kane’s office backtracks on prosecution in email scandal
- ‘Consolidation’ might be the word for some shale companies
- Child porn busts on rise
- Attorney General Kane expected to appear before state grand jury