Philly firefighter's widow sues factory owners
PHILADELPHIA — The widow of a Philadelphia firefighter has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the owners of a vacant warehouse that burned down in April 2012, killing her husband and another firefighter.
Fire Capt. Robert Neary and Lt. Daniel Sweeney died in the blaze.
Neary's wife, Diane Neary, says in a lawsuit filed Sept. 26 the owners failed to address years of complaints that the warehouse was a dangerous haven for looters, drug addicts, squatters and prostitutes.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sparks fly in Philadelphia in 2nd campaign debate between Corbett, Wolf
- Deer hunting curtailed amid manhunt for ambush suspect
- Steroid bust nets prison guards, would-be NFLer
- Flags lowered to mourn Pa. state trooper shot dead during gun training
- Cop killer Abu-Jamal to speak by recording to Vermont school ceremonies
- Education top priority for Pa. voters, poll shows
- AP classes put college-bound students on fast track
- Expect delays on I-70 in vicinity of New Stanton
- Police find pipe bombs in woods during manhunt for suspect in trooper ambush
- Pa. not ready to abandon lethal injections
- 2 men held in fatal Mercer County mobile home heist