Ridge collection coming to Mercyhurst
Mercyhurst University in Erie will house the Thomas J. & Michele Ridge Collection, which will be dedicated Thursday.
More than 1.1 million pages of documents, 3,000 audio-visual items, 10,000 photographs and 1,500 artifacts will be available. The collection mainly spans Tom Ridge's tenure as governor from 1995 to 2001.
The university said the collection is expected to eventually grow to include materials from Ridge's six terms in Congress and his time as first director of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
”Michele and I are deeply honored and humbled by the willingness of Mercyhurst University to host the Ridge Collection,” Ridge said in a prepared statement.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LCB ruling could mean home-delivered beer in Pa.
- Sandusky won’t get his pension back
- Liquor Control Board, Pennsylvania universities target problem drinking
- Pennsylvania Marine who killed family takes own life
- Philadelphia mother pleads guilty as boy, 2, shoots, kills sister
- Judge delays January trial on Penn State sanctions
- Attorney general Kane reverses claim about child porn in emails
- Most Penn State trustees boycott special meeting on legal action against football program
- Erie man charged with 1990 slaying of Virginia Beach woman