Ridge collection coming to Mercyhurst
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Thursday, Oct. 10, 2013, 10:06 a.m.
Mercyhurst University in Erie will house the Thomas J. & Michele Ridge Collection, which will be dedicated Thursday.
More than 1.1 million pages of documents, 3,000 audio-visual items, 10,000 photographs and 1,500 artifacts will be available. The collection mainly spans Tom Ridge's tenure as governor from 1995 to 2001.
The university said the collection is expected to eventually grow to include materials from Ridge's six terms in Congress and his time as first director of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
”Michele and I are deeply honored and humbled by the willingness of Mercyhurst University to host the Ridge Collection,” Ridge said in a prepared statement.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Miss America asks York school to rethink prom question suspension
- York teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Philanthropist helps waitress become nurse
- Pennsylvania sting scouted private liquor store sites
- Young Pakistani immigrant linked to Pennsylvania woman known as ‘Jihad Jane’ sentenced to prison
- Late ironworker’s vintage Ford stirs great interest among collectors
- Three wounded Franklin Regional students in critical condition
- Lawrence County cops dress as Amish to target flasher