Ridge collection coming to Mercyhurst
Mercyhurst University in Erie will house the Thomas J. & Michele Ridge Collection, which will be dedicated Thursday.
More than 1.1 million pages of documents, 3,000 audio-visual items, 10,000 photographs and 1,500 artifacts will be available. The collection mainly spans Tom Ridge's tenure as governor from 1995 to 2001.
The university said the collection is expected to eventually grow to include materials from Ridge's six terms in Congress and his time as first director of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
”Michele and I are deeply honored and humbled by the willingness of Mercyhurst University to host the Ridge Collection,” Ridge said in a prepared statement.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pennsylvania school performance scores stuck in limbo
- Customers rarely utilize right to cancel a contract
- Attorneys want ‘Kids for Cash’ figure’s windfall frozen
- Under bill, taxes could rise for workers in Pa.’s distressed cities — except Pittsburgh
- Supreme Court justices taunt each other over pornographic emails
- Negra will serve on liquor board
- Drug-tracking bill headed to Pa. governor’s desk
- State legislator exchanges gunshots with would-be robber near Capitol
- AP classes put college-bound students on fast track
- State police fear trooper’s killer looking to repeat