Ridge collection coming to Mercyhurst
Mercyhurst University in Erie will house the Thomas J. & Michele Ridge Collection, which will be dedicated Thursday.
More than 1.1 million pages of documents, 3,000 audio-visual items, 10,000 photographs and 1,500 artifacts will be available. The collection mainly spans Tom Ridge's tenure as governor from 1995 to 2001.
The university said the collection is expected to eventually grow to include materials from Ridge's six terms in Congress and his time as first director of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
”Michele and I are deeply honored and humbled by the willingness of Mercyhurst University to host the Ridge Collection,” Ridge said in a prepared statement.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pennsylvania sued by U.S. over police fitness tests
- Pennsylvania working to correct upgrade to welfare benefit applications
- Observers mixed on grid backup amid carbon rules, natural gas uncertainty
- Pennsylvania lawmakers take more free, legal trips
- Construction of $500M power plant in South Huntingdon stalled
- Home sellers are able to remain mum about violent crimes committed there
- Upper St. Clair family’s efforts pay off as governor signs Down syndrome education bill
- Armed doctor’s actions in Philly shooting reinvigorates debate on gun-carry
- 2 charged with murder in fatal Philly carjacking
- Corbett, Wolf rush to counter flurry of attack ads