Ridge collection coming to Mercyhurst
Mercyhurst University in Erie will house the Thomas J. & Michele Ridge Collection, which will be dedicated Thursday.
More than 1.1 million pages of documents, 3,000 audio-visual items, 10,000 photographs and 1,500 artifacts will be available. The collection mainly spans Tom Ridge's tenure as governor from 1995 to 2001.
The university said the collection is expected to eventually grow to include materials from Ridge's six terms in Congress and his time as first director of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
”Michele and I are deeply honored and humbled by the willingness of Mercyhurst University to host the Ridge Collection,” Ridge said in a prepared statement.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pennsylvania Gov. Wolf to sign order barring drilling of new oil, gas wells in state forests, parks
- Officials dissent on whether offices can prohibit, charge to photograph public record documents
- Popular Super Bowl, March Madness traditions prohibited under state law
- Pennsylvania’s teacher pension system scores D plus, National Council on Teacher Quality says
- Philly to host exhibit
- Fight between cities, nonprofits flares in Pa. Senate
- DNC brass scoot into Philly to hear city’s pitch
- ‘Free’ wine kiosk initiative costs state Liquor Control Board $300K
- State police commissioner nominee commits to diversity, but numbers dwindled in Maryland
- State court blocks release of emails between Freeh investigators, AG’s office