New mobile website helps to find wineries
Wine drinkers have a new way to find Pennsylvania wineries and plan visits to them.
The Pennsylvania Winery Association launched a new mobile website this week that allows users to see information about more than 200 wineries statewide and search for them by name, region or city. It also uses the GPS feature on users' smartphones to show the wineries that are nearest to them.
Clicking on a winery displays the winery's logo and shows the region in which it's located, its address and a link to its full website.
The site also enables users to build a travel plan to visit multiple wineries and delivers Google driving directions between venues.
The mobile site, m.Pennsylvaniawine.com, is free.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pennsylvania’s teacher pension system scores D plus, National Council on Teacher Quality says
- Officials dissent on whether offices can prohibit, charge to photograph public record documents
- ‘Free’ wine kiosk initiative costs state Liquor Control Board $300K
- State court blocks release of emails between Freeh investigators, AG’s office
- Senate Finance Committee advances amendment that could affect nonprofit taxes
- Brookville man gets 40 to 80 years for killing man, cutting body with saw
- Sloppy winter mix expected for Northeast