New mobile website helps to find wineries
Wine drinkers have a new way to find Pennsylvania wineries and plan visits to them.
The Pennsylvania Winery Association launched a new mobile website this week that allows users to see information about more than 200 wineries statewide and search for them by name, region or city. It also uses the GPS feature on users' smartphones to show the wineries that are nearest to them.
Clicking on a winery displays the winery's logo and shows the region in which it's located, its address and a link to its full website.
The site also enables users to build a travel plan to visit multiple wineries and delivers Google driving directions between venues.
The mobile site, m.Pennsylvaniawine.com, is free.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police find pipe bombs in woods during manhunt for suspect in trooper ambush
- Judge OKs alternative for 2 turnpike corruption case defendants
- Corbett to sign bill to help lower fatal overdoses
- AP classes put college-bound students on fast track
- Enrollment falls again at Pennsylvania’s state-owned universities
- Bishop mum on accused priest
- 2 men held in fatal Mercer County mobile home heist
- Pa. not ready to abandon lethal injections
- Expect delays on I-70 in vicinity of New Stanton
- Manhunt for trooper slaying suspect won’t keep deer hunters from woods in bow season
- 3 charged in assault on gay couple; lawyer denies homophobia