New mobile website helps to find wineries
Wine drinkers have a new way to find Pennsylvania wineries and plan visits to them.
The Pennsylvania Winery Association launched a new mobile website this week that allows users to see information about more than 200 wineries statewide and search for them by name, region or city. It also uses the GPS feature on users' smartphones to show the wineries that are nearest to them.
Clicking on a winery displays the winery's logo and shows the region in which it's located, its address and a link to its full website.
The site also enables users to build a travel plan to visit multiple wineries and delivers Google driving directions between venues.
The mobile site, m.Pennsylvaniawine.com, is free.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penn State alumni trustees ask court for access to Freeh documents
- Man charged in fight over whether Jordan or LeBron is better
- Allentown Mayor Pawlowski to run for U.S. Senate
- Slaughterhouse near Altoona recalls 1,800 pounds of veal
- Pennsylvania police officer charged with criminal homicide in killing similar to South Carolina one
- 4 PSU trustees head to court over alumni association ballot
- Sandusky attorney, ‘victim’ of gambling addiction, waives hearing on charges he stole client funds
- Wolf sales tax plan would extend to museums, historical sites, zoos