Lawrence County cement truck driver killed in crash
A cement truck driver from Lawrence County was killed Tuesday afternoon in a crash in Mercer County.
James A. Minteer, 51, of New Castle died in the crash that occurred when the cement truck went off the roadway around 1:30 p.m. as he was rounding a curve along Route 318 in East Lackawannock Township, state police said.
The truck hit a culvert, bounced back onto the roadway and overturned, police said. The truck slid down both eastbound and westbound lanes before hitting a car and spinning around before finally coming to rest, troopers said.
The driver of the car suffered minor injuries; his passenger was not hurt.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pennsylvania medical marijuana supporters hold Capitol rally
- Newborn born to Philly woman fatally wounded by stray bullet dies
- ‘Racy’ emails could stay hidden under Pennsylvania open records law
- Retiring circuit judge, a Carnegie native, ‘helped tutor generations’
- Centre County entrepreneur with ‘new ideas’ named to LCB board
- State police trooper shot dead outside northeastern Pa. barracks
- Troopers hurt while busting alleged drunken driver
- Savagery of ISIS stirs the grief of 9/11 for survivors
- Development of Flight 93 National Memorial focuses on keeping the story alive for generations to come
- Poll: Likely voters strongly back Wolf for Pa. gov
- Penn State pulling Gideon Bibles from hotel rooms