Lawrence County cement truck driver killed in crash
A cement truck driver from Lawrence County was killed Tuesday afternoon in a crash in Mercer County.
James A. Minteer, 51, of New Castle died in the crash that occurred when the cement truck went off the roadway around 1:30 p.m. as he was rounding a curve along Route 318 in East Lackawannock Township, state police said.
The truck hit a culvert, bounced back onto the roadway and overturned, police said. The truck slid down both eastbound and westbound lanes before hitting a car and spinning around before finally coming to rest, troopers said.
The driver of the car suffered minor injuries; his passenger was not hurt.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police: Man wanted in fatal state trooper ambush captured
- Newsmaker: Thomas M. Thompson
- Federal grand jury reviewing Liquor Control Board violations, sources tell Trib
- Balloon doesn’t locate Frein
- Bill makes state rebate for property taxes or rent more available to seniors
- Unmanned balloon used in hunt for alleged Pennsylvania trooper shooter
- Bill that would end district-level review of homeschooling in Pennsylvania goes to Corbett
- Pa. Supreme Court in ‘sad state’ as scandals tarnish reputation
- Lawrence County cornfield celebrates Penguins great Lemieux