Lawrence County cement truck driver killed in crash
A cement truck driver from Lawrence County was killed Tuesday afternoon in a crash in Mercer County.
James A. Minteer, 51, of New Castle died in the crash that occurred when the cement truck went off the roadway around 1:30 p.m. as he was rounding a curve along Route 318 in East Lackawannock Township, state police said.
The truck hit a culvert, bounced back onto the roadway and overturned, police said. The truck slid down both eastbound and westbound lanes before hitting a car and spinning around before finally coming to rest, troopers said.
The driver of the car suffered minor injuries; his passenger was not hurt.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Big-game hunting means navigating Third World country political systems
- Indicted Pennsylvania lawmaker Fattah vows to run for re-election
- Western Pa. youths chosen for state police camp
- Fallout from child protection law felt in Pa. churches, libraries, fields
- Lawrence power plant being converted to gas from coal
- Pennsylvania Gov. Wolf police chief decision coming ‘soon’
- Va. trucker hit Mega Millions jackpot in Pa.
- Pennsylvania Senator Casey pushes for railroad bridge inspectors
- 2001 same-sex union recognized despite partner’s death