Lawrence County cement truck driver killed in crash
A cement truck driver from Lawrence County was killed Tuesday afternoon in a crash in Mercer County.
James A. Minteer, 51, of New Castle died in the crash that occurred when the cement truck went off the roadway around 1:30 p.m. as he was rounding a curve along Route 318 in East Lackawannock Township, state police said.
The truck hit a culvert, bounced back onto the roadway and overturned, police said. The truck slid down both eastbound and westbound lanes before hitting a car and spinning around before finally coming to rest, troopers said.
The driver of the car suffered minor injuries; his passenger was not hurt.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- East Coast communities drenched by deadly storms
- Wolf’s 320-mile trip amid travel ban ripped
- Senator Casey supports substance abuse bills
- I-84 exit in northeast Pa. to be renamed for slain trooper
- Erie Zoo’s lynx triplets on display, first cubs since 1971
- Kane fans nepotism concerns; sister reportedly promoted, got raise
- $10M tax credit proposed for Pennsylvania waterfronts may be budget casualty, state senator says
- Pennsylvania state liquor stores plan lottery for limited releases
- Woman dies in three-vehicle crash in Greene County
- Penn State coin toss will omit alumnus linked to Sandusky’s charity