Tenn. man acquitted of Mercer County child rape charges
A Mercer County jury acquitted a Tennessee man who had been accused of raping three young girls.
Michael David Lewis, 41, of Nashville initially faced more than 600 counts. Prosecutors dropped hundreds of them.
Defense attorney Blair H. Hindman said the alleged victims' testimonies were “blatantly different” from what they told state police. Lewis took the stand in his own defense.
Lewis is a former resident of Mercer County. Hindman said Lewis returned to Tennessee to resume life there.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Manhunt for trooper slaying suspect won’t keep deer hunters from woods in bow season
- 2 men held in fatal Mercer County mobile home heist
- Slight shift in search for Pennsylvania trooper ambush suspect
- Teen charged in shooting death of man in Lawrence County
- Pa. not ready to abandon lethal injections
- Expect delays on I-70 in vicinity of New Stanton
- Enrollment falls again at Pennsylvania’s state-owned universities
- Penn State student driving hotel van dies in crash
- Pennsylvania attorney general discrimination settlement cost $15K
- Amaranth plant venture aims to improve deficient diets
- AP classes put college-bound students on fast track