Tenn. man acquitted of Mercer County child rape charges
A Mercer County jury acquitted a Tennessee man who had been accused of raping three young girls.
Michael David Lewis, 41, of Nashville initially faced more than 600 counts. Prosecutors dropped hundreds of them.
Defense attorney Blair H. Hindman said the alleged victims' testimonies were “blatantly different” from what they told state police. Lewis took the stand in his own defense.
Lewis is a former resident of Mercer County. Hindman said Lewis returned to Tennessee to resume life there.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 2001 same-sex union recognized despite partner’s death
- Evidence for charge not found in Pa. case
- Lawrence power plant being converted to gas from coal
- Pennsylvania Senator Casey pushes for railroad bridge inspectors
- Va. trucker hit Mega Millions jackpot in Pa.
- Probe continues in fatal shooting in Sharon hospital parking lot
- Medical pot has advocate in Pennsylvania House
- Feds accuse Philadelphia congressman Fattah of corruption
- Pa. man gets life in prison for girlfriend’s ‘obscene’ slaying
- Wolf, GOP discuss proposed Pennsylvania budget; no agreement yet
- Teen could spend 10 years in prison for role in injuring Ohio teacher