Tenn. man acquitted of Mercer County child rape charges
A Mercer County jury acquitted a Tennessee man who had been accused of raping three young girls.
Michael David Lewis, 41, of Nashville initially faced more than 600 counts. Prosecutors dropped hundreds of them.
Defense attorney Blair H. Hindman said the alleged victims' testimonies were “blatantly different” from what they told state police. Lewis took the stand in his own defense.
Lewis is a former resident of Mercer County. Hindman said Lewis returned to Tennessee to resume life there.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LCB follows Wolf ’s lead, votes to prohibit all gifts
- State senator seeks coverage numbers from 5 insurers
- Pennsylvania Gov. Wolf to sign order barring drilling of new oil, gas wells in state forests, parks
- Officials dissent on whether offices can prohibit, charge to photograph public record documents
- Pennsylvania’s teacher pension system scores D plus, National Council on Teacher Quality says
- Officials file to end lawsuit against Penn State, NCAA
- ‘Free’ wine kiosk initiative costs state Liquor Control Board $300K
- State police commissioner nominee commits to diversity, but numbers dwindled in Maryland
- Yuengling beer banned from Wolf’s inaugural bash