Mother, daughter killed in buggy crash identified
Authorities on Sunday identified victims of a fatal crash between an Amish buggy and a tractor-trailer in New Wilmington.
Dead are Mary Byler, 34, and her daughter, 11, according to the state police in Mercer County. The driver of the buggy, William Byler, 35, who is the husband of one victim and father of the younger one, was airlifted to St. Elizabeth's Hospital in Youngstown.
The incident was reported at 4:23 p.m. Saturday, when the truck driven by Matthew Coulter, 36, of Pulaski struck the buggy from behind on Pulaski Mercer Road at Angel Road in Wilmington Township.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LCB ruling could mean home-delivered beer in Pa.
- Sandusky won’t get his pension back
- Liquor Control Board, Pennsylvania universities target problem drinking
- Great Lakes in line for $300M for cleanup, habitat protection projects
- Erie man charged with 1990 slaying of Virginia Beach woman
- DA expects charges soon in $1.2M Shenango Township thefts
- Philadelphia mother pleads guilty as boy, 2, shoots, kills sister
- Most Penn State trustees boycott special meeting on legal action against football program
- Former Marines who served with alleged killer said couple fought constantly
- Judge delays January trial on Penn State sanctions