Mother, daughter killed in buggy crash identified
Authorities on Sunday identified victims of a fatal crash between an Amish buggy and a tractor-trailer in New Wilmington.
Dead are Mary Byler, 34, and her daughter, 11, according to the state police in Mercer County. The driver of the buggy, William Byler, 35, who is the husband of one victim and father of the younger one, was airlifted to St. Elizabeth's Hospital in Youngstown.
The incident was reported at 4:23 p.m. Saturday, when the truck driven by Matthew Coulter, 36, of Pulaski struck the buggy from behind on Pulaski Mercer Road at Angel Road in Wilmington Township.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Comcast cuts showings of anti-pigeon shooting commercial featuring Barker
- Police: Suspect Frein in Pa. trooper ambush ‘extremely dangerous’
- Manchin, Toomey to seek greater flexibility for veterans’ career counselors
- Police: Barracks ambush suspect sought mass murder
- Police: Drunk prowler stole only Altoona couple’s candy
- Pennsylvania medical marijuana supporters hold Capitol rally
- State police trooper shot dead outside northeastern Pa. barracks
- Lack of lethal injection drugs causes execution stay
- Penn State pulling Gideon Bibles from hotel rooms
- Savagery of ISIS stirs the grief of 9/11 for survivors
- Newborn born to Philly woman fatally wounded by stray bullet dies