Mother, daughter killed in buggy crash identified
Authorities on Sunday identified victims of a fatal crash between an Amish buggy and a tractor-trailer in New Wilmington.
Dead are Mary Byler, 34, and her daughter, 11, according to the state police in Mercer County. The driver of the buggy, William Byler, 35, who is the husband of one victim and father of the younger one, was airlifted to St. Elizabeth's Hospital in Youngstown.
The incident was reported at 4:23 p.m. Saturday, when the truck driven by Matthew Coulter, 36, of Pulaski struck the buggy from behind on Pulaski Mercer Road at Angel Road in Wilmington Township.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ohio woman shot to death nearly 3 days before police find body in Neshannock home
- Pennsylvania legislative leader Costa blasts suggestion of session before Wolf sworn in as governor
- Kane’s office backtracks on prosecution in email scandal
- Obama’s climate plan unfair to Pennsylvania, Casey says
- Pa. high court stops closure of health centers
- Academic ‘redshirting’ a kindergarten year parental worry
- Cold sets record high of 21 for Nov. 18
- ‘Consolidation’ might be the word for some shale companies
- Attorney general Kane reverses claim about child porn in emails
- It’s official: Pope will visit Pa. in 2015