Mother, daughter killed in buggy crash identified
Authorities on Sunday identified victims of a fatal crash between an Amish buggy and a tractor-trailer in New Wilmington.
Dead are Mary Byler, 34, and her daughter, 11, according to the state police in Mercer County. The driver of the buggy, William Byler, 35, who is the husband of one victim and father of the younger one, was airlifted to St. Elizabeth's Hospital in Youngstown.
The incident was reported at 4:23 p.m. Saturday, when the truck driven by Matthew Coulter, 36, of Pulaski struck the buggy from behind on Pulaski Mercer Road at Angel Road in Wilmington Township.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Bigger version of Dutch artist’s giant rubber duck coming to Philadelphia
- New Castle man gets prison for rape of girl seen on flea market tablet computer
- Pope to join gallery of murals in Philadelphia
- Pa. business sector tells GOP committee of worries about minimum wage, taxes, pensions
- Man claiming 1988 abuse by Sandusky seeks way into court
- Greene County woman found dead in burning home
- Pa. Gov. Wolf proposes to add $28M a year for human services
- Penn State fraternity suspended for 3 years
- Families use children’s obituary notices to shine light on drug addiction
- Bee crisis deepens; Pa. keepers turn to making honey over pollination