Mother, daughter killed in buggy crash identified
Authorities on Sunday identified victims of a fatal crash between an Amish buggy and a tractor-trailer in New Wilmington.
Dead are Mary Byler, 34, and her daughter, 11, according to the state police in Mercer County. The driver of the buggy, William Byler, 35, who is the husband of one victim and father of the younger one, was airlifted to St. Elizabeth's Hospital in Youngstown.
The incident was reported at 4:23 p.m. Saturday, when the truck driven by Matthew Coulter, 36, of Pulaski struck the buggy from behind on Pulaski Mercer Road at Angel Road in Wilmington Township.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Flags lowered to mourn Pa. state trooper shot dead during gun training
- Sparks fly at 2nd Corbett, Wolf campaign debate
- Cop killer Abu-Jamal to speak by recording to Vermont school ceremonies
- Police find pipe bombs in woods during manhunt for suspect in trooper ambush
- AP classes put college-bound students on fast track
- Bishop mum on accused priest
- Enrollment falls again at Pennsylvania’s state-owned universities
- Cop killer to address college commencement
- 2 men held in fatal Mercer County mobile home heist
- Judge OKs alternative for 2 turnpike corruption case defendants
- Gas industry remedies ‘brain drain’ in Western Pennsylvania