Biden: New York's LaGuardia Airport like a 'Third World country'
PHILADELPHIA — Vice President Joe Biden says New York's LaGuardia Airport could use some major improvements — and that's putting it mildly.
Biden says if he blindfolded someone and took him to LaGuardia, he would think he was in “some Third World country.”
Biden made the comment as part of a comparison with the Hong Kong airport. He says Hong Kong has the type of modern facility travelers would expect to see in the United States.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey operates LaGuardia. It says it's investing $3.6 billion to help “provide passengers with a world-class terminal.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pennsylvania Gov. Wolf to sign order barring drilling of new oil, gas wells in state forests, parks
- Popular Super Bowl, March Madness traditions prohibited under state law
- Fight between cities, nonprofits flares in Pa. Senate
- Philly to host exhibit
- ‘Free’ wine kiosk initiative costs state Liquor Control Board $300K
- Pennsylvania’s teacher pension system scores D plus, National Council on Teacher Quality says
- Officials dissent on whether offices can prohibit, charge to photograph public record documents
- DNC brass scoot into Philly to hear city’s pitch
- State court blocks release of emails between Freeh investigators, AG’s office