Biden: New York's LaGuardia Airport like a 'Third World country'
PHILADELPHIA — Vice President Joe Biden says New York's LaGuardia Airport could use some major improvements — and that's putting it mildly.
Biden says if he blindfolded someone and took him to LaGuardia, he would think he was in “some Third World country.”
Biden made the comment as part of a comparison with the Hong Kong airport. He says Hong Kong has the type of modern facility travelers would expect to see in the United States.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey operates LaGuardia. It says it's investing $3.6 billion to help “provide passengers with a world-class terminal.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pennsylvania legislative leader Costa blasts suggestion of session before Wolf sworn in as governor
- Conneaut Lake Park to take case to court for tax-exempt status
- Ohio woman shot to death nearly 3 days before police find body in Neshannock home
- Attorney general Kane reverses claim about child porn in emails
- Kane’s office backtracks on prosecution in email scandal
- Geologist: Site of idyllic 1833 painting of Lancaster found
- Cold sets record high of 21 for Nov. 18
- Academic ‘redshirting’ a kindergarten year parental worry
- PSU chief to review Freeh report on Sandusky scandal
- Erie ties record low but avoids heavy snowfall