Tractor trailers, dozens of cars crash on Pa. Turnpike
BENSALEM — Traffic accidents involving multiple tractor trailers and dozens of cars have completely blocked eastbound lanes of the Pennsylvania Turnpike in eastern Pennsylvania and caused some injuries.
The turnpike said the crashes reported just after 8 a.m. Friday were blocking all eastbound lanes between the Bensalem and Willow Grove exits. Drivers were advised to use alternate routes and expect heavy delays in the area.
Television news helicopter footage showed several tractor trailers and dozens of cars in what appeared to be a series of accidents that had backed up traffic for miles.
Turnpike spokesman Bill Capone told WPVI-TV that some injuries had been reported, but all were reported as minor. He said state police and other personnel were trying to attend to anyone wounded and reopening the road would take a while.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Casey, Coons become 32nd, 33rd senators to back nuclear deal with Iran
- Potential suspension of Pennsylvania AG’s license unusual
- Pennsylvania welfare employees targeted in crackdown
- Conneaut Lake Park wants to sell some land
- Ex-LCB official Short to plead guilty to soliciting, concealing kickbacks from vendors
- State’s high court rules in favor of turnpike worker, will get another chance to prove his firing violated whistlebower laws
- Pennsylvania’s new online voter registration site goes live
- Grieving pet owners find loving support in Pennsylvania group
- Wall drawings of turn-of-the-century prizefighter found in Lancaster home
- Pa. to kick off online registration