Pennsylvania man pleads guilty to threat against Obama
SCRANTON — A northeastern Pennsylvania man has pleaded guilty to posting an online threat to kill the president.
Nicholas Savino pleaded guilty Monday to posting a threat on the White House website last August that said, “President Obama the Anti-Christ. As a result of breaking the constitution you will stand down or be shot dead.”
The 42-year-old Clarks Summit man will be sentenced June 11. He faces up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine.
Under a plea agreement, Savino will forfeit three guns and about 11,000 rounds of ammunition that agents found in his apartment and car.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pa. Supreme Court in ‘sad state’ as scandals tarnish reputation
- Scam nets thousands from Mercer County woman, police say
- Haverford gets record gift from an alum the college helped save
- Pennsylvania woman gets prison for abusing elderly husband
- Bill that would end district-level review of homeschooling in Pennsylvania goes to Corbett
- Federal grand jury reviewing Liquor Control Board violations, sources tell Trib
- Justice blames feud for his ouster; chief of court admits he did seek to remove him
- Eric Frein lookalike: I keep getting stopped
- State police have seized twice as much heroin this year as in all of 2013
- Pa. town can keep Jim Thorpe’s body