Pennsylvania man pleads guilty to threat against Obama
SCRANTON — A northeastern Pennsylvania man has pleaded guilty to posting an online threat to kill the president.
Nicholas Savino pleaded guilty Monday to posting a threat on the White House website last August that said, “President Obama the Anti-Christ. As a result of breaking the constitution you will stand down or be shot dead.”
The 42-year-old Clarks Summit man will be sentenced June 11. He faces up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine.
Under a plea agreement, Savino will forfeit three guns and about 11,000 rounds of ammunition that agents found in his apartment and car.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Gas industry remedies ‘brain drain’ in Western Pennsylvania
- Judge lifts order blocking racy state emails
- Police swarm Pennsylvania mountains in search for trooper’s killer
- Armed officers comb woods for state trooper ambush suspect
- Manchin, Toomey to seek greater flexibility for veterans’ career counselors
- Comcast cuts showings of anti-pigeon shooting commercial featuring Barker
- Pennsylvania teachers sue union over nonmember fee donations
- Retiring circuit judge, a Carnegie native, ‘helped tutor generations’
- Police: Barracks ambush suspect sought mass murder
- Police: Ambush suspect was military re-enactor
- Search for trooper ambush suspect centers on dense woods