Pennsylvania man pleads guilty to threat against Obama
SCRANTON — A northeastern Pennsylvania man has pleaded guilty to posting an online threat to kill the president.
Nicholas Savino pleaded guilty Monday to posting a threat on the White House website last August that said, “President Obama the Anti-Christ. As a result of breaking the constitution you will stand down or be shot dead.”
The 42-year-old Clarks Summit man will be sentenced June 11. He faces up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine.
Under a plea agreement, Savino will forfeit three guns and about 11,000 rounds of ammunition that agents found in his apartment and car.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Licensing boards increase fees to cover costs that include investigations
- PSU employee kicks cancer, picks up degree
- Liquor Control Board, Pennsylvania universities target problem drinking
- Secret Santa saves the day for York County senior center residents
- LCB ruling could mean home-delivered beer in Pa.
- Erie man charged with 1990 slaying of Virginia Beach woman
- Sandusky won’t get his pension back
- Western Pennsylvania lawmakers among 200 who lost pensions for bad behavior
- Philly officer kills man in traffic stop struggle
- Poor sales sink multi-state Monopoly Millionaires’ Club lottery