Lawrence County man, 36, dies when tractor tips onto him
A Lawrence County man has been killed by his tractor, which flipped over and landed on top of him while the man was logging.
Coroner Alfred DeCarbo pronounced Robert Lewis Mattocks III, 36, dead at the scene about 8 p.m. Sunday. But state police and the coroner say it wasn't immediately clear how long Mattocks was pinned beneath the tractor on his property in Little Beaver Township before he was finally found.
The coroner says Mattocks was pulling a large tree with his tractor when a large branch caught on another tree. That caused the front of the tractor to lift into the air and flip over onto Mattocks.
Results from an autopsy Monday weren't immediately available.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Conneaut Lake Park to take case to court for tax-exempt status
- Ohio woman shot to death nearly 3 days before police find body in Neshannock home
- Geologist: Site of idyllic 1833 painting of Lancaster found
- Pennsylvania legislative leader Costa blasts suggestion of session before Wolf sworn in as governor
- Kane’s office backtracks on prosecution in email scandal
- Attorney General Kane expected to appear before state grand jury
- Attorney general Kane reverses claim about child porn in emails
- Cold sets record high of 21 for Nov. 18
- Newsmaker: Jacqueline Coplen
- ‘Consolidation’ might be the word for some shale companies
- Pa. high court stops closure of health centers