Lawrence County man, 36, dies when tractor tips onto him
A Lawrence County man has been killed by his tractor, which flipped over and landed on top of him while the man was logging.
Coroner Alfred DeCarbo pronounced Robert Lewis Mattocks III, 36, dead at the scene about 8 p.m. Sunday. But state police and the coroner say it wasn't immediately clear how long Mattocks was pinned beneath the tractor on his property in Little Beaver Township before he was finally found.
The coroner says Mattocks was pulling a large tree with his tractor when a large branch caught on another tree. That caused the front of the tractor to lift into the air and flip over onto Mattocks.
Results from an autopsy Monday weren't immediately available.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Comcast cuts showings of anti-pigeon shooting commercial featuring Barker
- Police: Suspect Frein in Pa. trooper ambush ‘extremely dangerous’
- Manchin, Toomey to seek greater flexibility for veterans’ career counselors
- Police: Barracks ambush suspect sought mass murder
- Police: Drunk prowler stole only Altoona couple’s candy
- Pennsylvania medical marijuana supporters hold Capitol rally
- Decline of Pa. police pursuits ‘a step in the right direction’
- Activist spotlights nation’s food waste with Pa. stop
- State police trooper shot dead outside northeastern Pa. barracks
- Savagery of ISIS stirs the grief of 9/11 for survivors
- Retiring circuit judge, a Carnegie native, ‘helped tutor generations’