Lawrence County man, 36, dies when tractor tips onto him
A Lawrence County man has been killed by his tractor, which flipped over and landed on top of him while the man was logging.
Coroner Alfred DeCarbo pronounced Robert Lewis Mattocks III, 36, dead at the scene about 8 p.m. Sunday. But state police and the coroner say it wasn't immediately clear how long Mattocks was pinned beneath the tractor on his property in Little Beaver Township before he was finally found.
The coroner says Mattocks was pulling a large tree with his tractor when a large branch caught on another tree. That caused the front of the tractor to lift into the air and flip over onto Mattocks.
Results from an autopsy Monday weren't immediately available.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Schools closed after state police ambush suspect reportedly sighted nearby
- Sheriff’s sale delayed for historic Conneaut Lake Park
- Sentencing in Johnstown car wash parking lot slaying delayed
- Pennsylvania school performance scores stuck in limbo
- State legislator exchanges gunshots with would-be robber near Capitol
- Pennsylvania Senate votes to ban pigeon shoots
- Customers rarely utilize right to cancel a contract
- Drug-tracking bill headed to Pa. governor’s desk
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court justice sorry for porn email, blasts boss