Lawrence County man, 36, dies when tractor tips onto him
A Lawrence County man has been killed by his tractor, which flipped over and landed on top of him while the man was logging.
Coroner Alfred DeCarbo pronounced Robert Lewis Mattocks III, 36, dead at the scene about 8 p.m. Sunday. But state police and the coroner say it wasn't immediately clear how long Mattocks was pinned beneath the tractor on his property in Little Beaver Township before he was finally found.
The coroner says Mattocks was pulling a large tree with his tractor when a large branch caught on another tree. That caused the front of the tractor to lift into the air and flip over onto Mattocks.
Results from an autopsy Monday weren't immediately available.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Researchers at Pa.’s top universities take to the web to fund projects
- Ex-House Democratic leader DeWeese seeks new trial
- Magicians conjure up efforts to restore Houdini’s gravesite
- 7 hurt in buggy, SUV crash in Pennsylvania Dutch country
- $250,000 in Rolexes taken from Altoona mall
- Conneaut Lake Park to take case to court for tax-exempt status
- Beds needed for thousands hoping to see pope in Philly
- Ohio woman shot to death nearly 3 days before police find body in Neshannock home
- Feds accused of bullying state over police test
- DEP awaiting tests for ‘cat urine’ smell in New Castle