York teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
YORK — A Pennsylvania high school student is in hot water for asking Miss America to prom during a question and answer session at school.
Eighteen-year-old Patrick Farves said he received three days of in-school suspension Thursday because he asked Nina Davuluri to prom.
The senior at Central York High School stood up and popped the prom question, then walked to the stage with a plastic flower. Davuluri just laughed and the students cheered.
School officials heard about Farves' plan in advance and warned him not to do it. He has apologized for disrupting the event.
The school says students are disciplined for breaking rules and this incident is no different.
Davuluri was at the school to talk with students about diversity and the importance of science, technology, engineering and math studies.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Liquor Control Board, Pennsylvania universities target problem drinking
- Erie man charged with 1990 slaying of Virginia Beach woman
- Poor sales sink multi-state Monopoly Millionaires’ Club lottery
- Philadelphia mother pleads guilty as boy, 2, shoots, kills sister
- In poll, many Pennsylvanians predict taxes will rise under Wolf
- Western Pennsylvania lawmakers among 200 who lost pensions for bad behavior
- Water leak found at Pa. nuclear plant
- ‘Chaos on the street’ alleged in Philly
- DA expects charges soon in $1.2M Shenango Township thefts
- Pennsylvania Marine who killed family takes own life
- Judge delays January trial on Penn State sanctions