York teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
YORK — A Pennsylvania high school student is in hot water for asking Miss America to prom during a question and answer session at school.
Eighteen-year-old Patrick Farves said he received three days of in-school suspension Thursday because he asked Nina Davuluri to prom.
The senior at Central York High School stood up and popped the prom question, then walked to the stage with a plastic flower. Davuluri just laughed and the students cheered.
School officials heard about Farves' plan in advance and warned him not to do it. He has apologized for disrupting the event.
The school says students are disciplined for breaking rules and this incident is no different.
Davuluri was at the school to talk with students about diversity and the importance of science, technology, engineering and math studies.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Conneaut Lake Park to take case to court for tax-exempt status
- Geologist: Site of idyllic 1833 painting of Lancaster found
- Pennsylvania legislative leader Costa blasts suggestion of session before Wolf sworn in as governor
- Ohio woman shot to death nearly 3 days before police find body in Neshannock home
- Attorney general Kane reverses claim about child porn in emails
- Philly stadium-district casino wins new license
- Kane’s office backtracks on prosecution in email scandal
- Newsmaker: Jacqueline Coplen
- Pope Francis confirms trip to Philadelphia
- Cold sets record high of 21 for Nov. 18
- ‘Consolidation’ might be the word for some shale companies