York teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
YORK — A Pennsylvania high school student is in hot water for asking Miss America to prom during a question and answer session at school.
Eighteen-year-old Patrick Farves said he received three days of in-school suspension Thursday because he asked Nina Davuluri to prom.
The senior at Central York High School stood up and popped the prom question, then walked to the stage with a plastic flower. Davuluri just laughed and the students cheered.
School officials heard about Farves' plan in advance and warned him not to do it. He has apologized for disrupting the event.
The school says students are disciplined for breaking rules and this incident is no different.
Davuluri was at the school to talk with students about diversity and the importance of science, technology, engineering and math studies.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pa. justices to consider murky case on charities
- All Pennsylvanians to pay more, GOP gleans from report on Wolf’s tax plan
- State’s homeless rate begins to decrease
- Liquor Control Board won't pull wines claimed to be toxic with arsenic
- Millions needed to replace at-risk natural gas pipes in Pennsylvania
- Sex-soaked culture faulted for fraternity house parties
- Greene County Veterans Affairs office plans meetings to offer info, assistance with benefits
- Another PennDOT contractor charged with corruption
- Allentown Mayor Pawlowski to run for U.S. Senate
- Former undercover agent files suit against Kane