York teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
YORK — A Pennsylvania high school student is in hot water for asking Miss America to prom during a question and answer session at school.
Eighteen-year-old Patrick Farves said he received three days of in-school suspension Thursday because he asked Nina Davuluri to prom.
The senior at Central York High School stood up and popped the prom question, then walked to the stage with a plastic flower. Davuluri just laughed and the students cheered.
School officials heard about Farves' plan in advance and warned him not to do it. He has apologized for disrupting the event.
The school says students are disciplined for breaking rules and this incident is no different.
Davuluri was at the school to talk with students about diversity and the importance of science, technology, engineering and math studies.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pennsylvania welfare employees targeted in crackdown
- Pa. Gov. Wolf: Big changes needed in troubled school district
- Judge holds Pa. AG Kane for trial on 1 felony, 7 misdemeanors
- Kane received sensitive emails on personal account
- Philly-area school district says it can’t make payroll amid budget stalemate
- Trustees of Conneaut Lake Park want to sell off parts of its 300-acre property
- Democrats stand firm, deny GOP the margin needed in Pa. budget battle
- Grieving pet owners find loving support in Pennsylvania group
- Wall drawings of turn-of-the-century prizefighter found in Lancaster home
- Pa. to kick off online registration
- Pennsylvania’s new online voter registration site goes live