York teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
YORK — A Pennsylvania high school student is in hot water for asking Miss America to prom during a question and answer session at school.
Eighteen-year-old Patrick Farves said he received three days of in-school suspension Thursday because he asked Nina Davuluri to prom.
The senior at Central York High School stood up and popped the prom question, then walked to the stage with a plastic flower. Davuluri just laughed and the students cheered.
School officials heard about Farves' plan in advance and warned him not to do it. He has apologized for disrupting the event.
The school says students are disciplined for breaking rules and this incident is no different.
Davuluri was at the school to talk with students about diversity and the importance of science, technology, engineering and math studies.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- AP classes put college-bound students on fast track
- Pa. not ready to abandon lethal injections
- Bishop mum on accused priest
- Manhunt for trooper slaying suspect won’t keep deer hunters from woods in bow season
- Education top priority for Pa. voters, poll shows
- 2 men held in fatal Mercer County mobile home heist
- Judge lifts order blocking racy state emails
- Expect delays on I-70 in vicinity of New Stanton
- Enrollment falls again at Pennsylvania’s state-owned universities
- ‘Ghost riders’ draw scrutiny for transit systems