Coroner: Clarion man kills self after shooting ex's mother
A coroner says a Clarion County man shot himself after first shooting his estranged girlfriend's mother before he was disarmed by her husband.
State troopers from the Clarion barracks have yet to release the name of the 59-year-old woman, who was shot in the leg, or her 61-year-old husband.
But police and Coroner Terry Shaffer say the shooter was Bryan Collar, 26, of East Brady.
Collar allegedly broke into the couple's residence — where his ex-girlfriend also lives — and had several guns about 2:30 a.m. Sunday. Police say Collar also tried to shoot his ex's father who, instead, disarmed Collar.
Collar then left and was found to have shot himself at his mother's residence, also in East Brady.
The gunshot victim was in a Pittsburgh hospital and expected to recover.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Flags lowered to mourn Pa. state trooper shot dead during gun training
- Sparks fly at 2nd Corbett, Wolf campaign debate
- Cop killer Abu-Jamal to speak by recording to Vermont school ceremonies
- Police find pipe bombs in woods during manhunt for suspect in trooper ambush
- AP classes put college-bound students on fast track
- Bishop mum on accused priest
- Enrollment falls again at Pennsylvania’s state-owned universities
- 2 men held in fatal Mercer County mobile home heist
- Cop killer to address college commencement
- Judge OKs alternative for 2 turnpike corruption case defendants
- Gas industry remedies ‘brain drain’ in Western Pennsylvania