Coroner: Clarion man kills self after shooting ex's mother
A coroner says a Clarion County man shot himself after first shooting his estranged girlfriend's mother before he was disarmed by her husband.
State troopers from the Clarion barracks have yet to release the name of the 59-year-old woman, who was shot in the leg, or her 61-year-old husband.
But police and Coroner Terry Shaffer say the shooter was Bryan Collar, 26, of East Brady.
Collar allegedly broke into the couple's residence — where his ex-girlfriend also lives — and had several guns about 2:30 a.m. Sunday. Police say Collar also tried to shoot his ex's father who, instead, disarmed Collar.
Collar then left and was found to have shot himself at his mother's residence, also in East Brady.
The gunshot victim was in a Pittsburgh hospital and expected to recover.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Observers mixed on grid backup amid carbon rules, natural gas uncertainty
- Home sellers are able to remain mum about violent crimes committed there
- Construction of $500M power plant in South Huntingdon stalled
- Upper St. Clair family’s efforts pay off as governor signs Down syndrome education bill
- San Jose State University to review IUP dean’s spending
- Armed doctor’s actions in Philly shooting reinvigorates debate on gun-carry
- Wolf: Wealthy should pay more to cut school taxes