Coroner: Clarion man kills self after shooting ex's mother
A coroner says a Clarion County man shot himself after first shooting his estranged girlfriend's mother before he was disarmed by her husband.
State troopers from the Clarion barracks have yet to release the name of the 59-year-old woman, who was shot in the leg, or her 61-year-old husband.
But police and Coroner Terry Shaffer say the shooter was Bryan Collar, 26, of East Brady.
Collar allegedly broke into the couple's residence — where his ex-girlfriend also lives — and had several guns about 2:30 a.m. Sunday. Police say Collar also tried to shoot his ex's father who, instead, disarmed Collar.
Collar then left and was found to have shot himself at his mother's residence, also in East Brady.
The gunshot victim was in a Pittsburgh hospital and expected to recover.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Family wins back rare gold coins
- Allentown Mayor Pawlowski to run for U.S. Senate
- Greene County Veterans Affairs office plans meetings to offer info, assistance with benefits
- Wolf criticizes UPMC wages; health giant suggests union motivations
- Pair of Centre County judges seeks to destroy cellphone evidence
- Another PennDOT contractor charged with corruption
- Man shot by state trooper after standoff at prison dies
- Johnstown police search for suspect after man fatally shot in car