Coroner: Clarion man kills self after shooting ex's mother
A coroner says a Clarion County man shot himself after first shooting his estranged girlfriend's mother before he was disarmed by her husband.
State troopers from the Clarion barracks have yet to release the name of the 59-year-old woman, who was shot in the leg, or her 61-year-old husband.
But police and Coroner Terry Shaffer say the shooter was Bryan Collar, 26, of East Brady.
Collar allegedly broke into the couple's residence — where his ex-girlfriend also lives — and had several guns about 2:30 a.m. Sunday. Police say Collar also tried to shoot his ex's father who, instead, disarmed Collar.
Collar then left and was found to have shot himself at his mother's residence, also in East Brady.
The gunshot victim was in a Pittsburgh hospital and expected to recover.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pa. welfare workers threatened with firings over financial forms
- Trio charged with running $54M green-energy Ponzi scheme
- Judge OKs gender surgery for 48-year-old called mentally incompetent by parents
- Potential suspension of Pennsylvania AG’s license unusual
- Conneaut Lake Park wants to sell some land
- Casey, Coons become 32nd, 33rd senators to back nuclear deal with Iran
- Retired LCB official, expected to plead guilty to kickbacks, stands to lose $52K pension
- Bishop’s ex-assistant in Venango charged with Lutheran synod thefts