Coroner: Clarion man kills self after shooting ex's mother
A coroner says a Clarion County man shot himself after first shooting his estranged girlfriend's mother before he was disarmed by her husband.
State troopers from the Clarion barracks have yet to release the name of the 59-year-old woman, who was shot in the leg, or her 61-year-old husband.
But police and Coroner Terry Shaffer say the shooter was Bryan Collar, 26, of East Brady.
Collar allegedly broke into the couple's residence — where his ex-girlfriend also lives — and had several guns about 2:30 a.m. Sunday. Police say Collar also tried to shoot his ex's father who, instead, disarmed Collar.
Collar then left and was found to have shot himself at his mother's residence, also in East Brady.
The gunshot victim was in a Pittsburgh hospital and expected to recover.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Veteran designation on Pennsylvania driver’s licenses loosely audited
- Pennsylvania’s DEP chief seeking gas pipeline strategy
- Pa. trooper wounded in barracks ambush hopes to return to force
- Impact of Ohio’s moves to reduce Lake Erie algae years away
- Mother, grandparents of starved boy sentenced to prison
- Authorities investigate racist letter to Pa. state police pick Brown
- Trooper severely injured when hit by own car
- PennDOT turns to roundabout intersections, citing safety, cost
- Pa. police officer charged with homicide for shooting unarmed man in back
- Four veterinarians charged for doping race horses at Penn National