Coroner: Clarion man kills self after shooting ex's mother
A coroner says a Clarion County man shot himself after first shooting his estranged girlfriend's mother before he was disarmed by her husband.
State troopers from the Clarion barracks have yet to release the name of the 59-year-old woman, who was shot in the leg, or her 61-year-old husband.
But police and Coroner Terry Shaffer say the shooter was Bryan Collar, 26, of East Brady.
Collar allegedly broke into the couple's residence — where his ex-girlfriend also lives — and had several guns about 2:30 a.m. Sunday. Police say Collar also tried to shoot his ex's father who, instead, disarmed Collar.
Collar then left and was found to have shot himself at his mother's residence, also in East Brady.
The gunshot victim was in a Pittsburgh hospital and expected to recover.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Customers rarely utilize right to cancel a contract
- Pennsylvania school performance scores stuck in limbo
- Supreme Court justices taunt each other over pornographic emails
- Under bill, taxes could rise for workers in Pa.’s distressed cities — except Pittsburgh
- Attorneys want ‘Kids for Cash’ figure’s windfall frozen
- State legislator exchanges gunshots with would-be robber near Capitol
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court justice sorry for porn email, blasts boss
- Pennsylvania’s gun-check system upgrade well-received
- Pa. boy, 10, to be tried as adult in death of 90-year-old woman
- Probation board member in Pa. porn email scandal retires