Line of storms blacks out Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA — Repair crews are making steady progress on restoring power to customers left without electricity as powerful thunderstorms moved across Pennsylvania.
PECO reported on Friday evening that more than 11,000 customers remain without power in Philadelphia and suburbs, almost half in Chester County.
Other providers estimated about 1,600 combined customers in the dark.
At the storm's peak, nearly 171,000 utility customers had no power.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wolf to outline charter school plan in budget address
- 1 killed in Lawrence County tractor-trailer crash
- ‘Tipping point’ near for Pa. government, conservative expert predicts at Freedom Forum
- As House looks to dismantle state stores, hybrid system might be option
- Cochranton farm specializes in growing out-of-season vegetables
- Husband charged in ax murder of wife hangs himself in cell
- Pennsylvania, Congress consider banning powdered alcohol
- Trucker from Indiana charged with evading $23K in turnpike tolls
- Western Pennsylvania shivers toward record for coldest February
- Walking gets increasingly deadly for pedestrians in Pa.
- Wolf touts in-home care for seniors