Ohio man indicted in slaying of teen found in Mercer County landfill
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio — An 18-year-old northeast Ohio man could face the death penalty if convicted of killing a 16-year-old girl whose body was found in a Pennsylvania landfill last month.
A grand jury in Youngstown on Thursday indicted Ricki D. Williams IV on a charge of aggravated murder with death penalty specifications. He is accused of fatally stabbing Gina Burger at an Austintown apartment complex June 23.
The teen's body was found two days later in a landfill in Mercer County.
The (Youngstown) Vindicator reports that a criminal complaint shows Williams admitted stabbing Burger, then putting her body in a portable playpen bag and throwing the bag in a trash bin. The bin was picked up by a Grove City waste hauler and then dumped there.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Lawrence power plant being converted to gas from coal
- Pennsylvania Senator Casey pushes for railroad bridge inspectors
- Medical pot has advocate in Pennsylvania House
- Va. trucker hit Mega Millions jackpot in Pa.
- Pa. man gets life in prison for girlfriend’s ‘obscene’ slaying
- Feds accuse Philadelphia congressman Fattah of corruption
- Probe continues in fatal shooting in Sharon hospital parking lot
- Teen could spend 10 years in prison for role in injuring Ohio teacher