Ohio man indicted in slaying of teen found in Mercer County landfill
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio — An 18-year-old northeast Ohio man could face the death penalty if convicted of killing a 16-year-old girl whose body was found in a Pennsylvania landfill last month.
A grand jury in Youngstown on Thursday indicted Ricki D. Williams IV on a charge of aggravated murder with death penalty specifications. He is accused of fatally stabbing Gina Burger at an Austintown apartment complex June 23.
The teen's body was found two days later in a landfill in Mercer County.
The (Youngstown) Vindicator reports that a criminal complaint shows Williams admitted stabbing Burger, then putting her body in a portable playpen bag and throwing the bag in a trash bin. The bin was picked up by a Grove City waste hauler and then dumped there.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former undercover agent files suit against Kane
- Pennsylvania police officer charged with criminal homicide in killing similar to South Carolina one
- Man charged in fight over whether Jordan or LeBron is better
- Penn State alumni trustees ask court for access to Freeh documents
- Sex-soaked culture faulted for fraternity house parties
- Pair of Centre County judges seeks to destroy cellphone evidence
- Greene County Veterans Affairs office plans meetings to offer info, assistance with benefits