Lawrenceville’s Paragon Foods …
Lawrenceville’s Paragon Foods is looking for room to grow as the farm-to-table movement gains popularity.See more
The Trade Institute …
The Trade Institute of Pittsburgh, which opened new classrooms this week in Homewood, is helping to rebuild the lives of ex-convicts.See more
The Penguins fall …
The Penguins fall to the New York Rangers in Game 3 of their Eastern Conference first-round playoff series at Consol Energy Center.See more
Methane leaks from …
Methane leaks from shale drilling in Pa. continue to decline, according to the state Department of Environmental Protection.See more
Pittsburgh Public Theater …
Pittsburgh Public Theater is taking on Shakespeare’s “Othello,” a personal tale of lost faith, broken hearts and jealousy.See more
Shooting reported at Webster Avenue bar in Hill DistrictBy Michael Hasch 9:59 p.m.
Pittsburgh police and medics responded Tuesday night to a shooting at a bar on Webster Avenue in the …
- Fracking vote in Middlesex delayed 6:05 p.m.
Steelers open daunting season at Patriots, play 5 prime-time gamesBy Mark Kaboly 9:57 p.m.
If being without Le’Veon Bell for the first three games of the season and having …
- Rangers enjoy benefits of strong start 9:00 p.m.
Pa. Senate’s top leader backs liquor privatization billBy Brad Bumsted 9:33 p.m.
HARRISBURG — The Senate’s top Republican said Tuesday he will co-sponsor legislation by a freshman GOP senator to …
- Pittsburgh South Hills students to be retested for TB, retesting called standard procedure 7:51 p.m.
- Police intercept drug courier returning to Western Pennsylvania with 316 bricks of heroin 9:30 p.m.
- Pittsburgh seeks proposals to offer water, sewer line insurance
- Pittsburgh City Council considering settlement of former police recruit’s lawsuit 9:22 p.m.
Former Allegheny County chief Roddey testifies against McCulloughBy Bobby Kerlik 9:58 p.m.
Former Allegheny County Executive Jim Roddey testified Tuesday that he resigned from a foundation set up with an elderly widow’s money after Chuck McCullough handed out $10,000 political donations from …
- Applications available for state police Camp Cadet program 8:18 p.m.
- Mother, son accused of robbing woman in Greensburg 8:03 p.m.
- Greensburg plastic surgeon pleads not guilty to charges of interfering with painkiller investigation 6:53 p.m.
- Mt. Pleasant Borough pursues permit parking
- Feud escalates between Westmoreland commissioner, controller
Palmer airport eyes $2M state grant to improve terminal accessBy Stacey Federoff
A $2 million state grant could boost improvements to Arnold Palmer Regional Airport in Unity by improving access to the soon-to-be expanded terminal building. Airport authority members approved a request for the grant last week from the state Department of …
- Strong dollar weighs on corporate earnings, stocks 9:40 p.m.
- Futures trader arrested, charged for alleged role in 2010 ‘flash crash’ 9:40 p.m.
- BP said to seek bids for $2 billion in U.S. pipeline operations 6:18 p.m.
- Fox, NBC Universal reject Verizon’s slimmer pay-TV packages 6:15 p.m.
- N.Y. firm set to buy second Downtown office building
Israeli drugmaker Teva makes $40B unsolicited bid for MylanBy Alex Nixon 8:36 p.m.
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. said Tuesday it wants to acquire Mylan NV for $40 billion, an unsolicited bid that complicates Mylan’s attempt to acquire Perrigo Co. and remain independent. Israel-based Teva said its cash-and-stock proposal of $82 a share “provides …
- Westmoreland Symphony Orchestra shifts to Mozart to accommodate injured pianist 9:19 p.m.
- Trafford Theatre Factory tribute to Ol’ Blue Eyes gets personal touch 9:20 p.m.
- Chris Lemmon channels famous actor father in one-man Zelienople show 9:21 p.m.
- Cirque du Soleil cancels recently announced Pittsburgh ‘Kooza’ shows 9:21 p.m.
- ‘James and the Giant Peach’ album to be released for free
- Get ready for a ‘Fuller House’ on Netflix
Visual artists want to scan you at Carnegie Museum of Art eventBy Michael Machosky 9:18 p.m.
Ever considered a 3-D scan of your own head? Internationally acclaimed visual artists Ewelina Aleksandrowicz and Andrej Wojtas — who go by the moniker Pussykrew — are looking for participants …
- Savor salmon’s wild side of distinctive flavors, textures 9:15 p.m.
- A warm chicken curry dinner for a cool, wet spring evening 9:15 p.m.
- The Wine Cellar: Return of al fresco dining means it’s time for rosés 9:11 p.m.
- Deer Lakes students plan brunch to fund class simulators 9:14 p.m.
Dinner in Minutes: Stir-fry beef dish flavors leftover riceBy Linda Gassenheimer 9:14 p.m.
Peppery, hot flavors mix with a sweet and sour sauce in this quick Szechuan stir-fried beef. Any type of steak can be used for this recipe. Many markets sell beef …
- Conservative support for gay marriage is growing 9:00 p.m.
- UPMC is the target of nihilistic envy
- Don’t watch till the race starts
- Paltrow’s poverty voyeurism
- Our rapid march toward police-state parenting must end
Obama’s GOP abettorsBy Pat Buchanan 9:00 p.m.
The GOP swept to victory in November by declaring that this imperial presidency must be brought to heel and President Obama’s illicit seizures of congressional power must end. That was then. This week, Congress takes up legislation to cede His …