4 teens killed in Illinois crash identified
CHICAGO — A coroner has identified the four high school students killed when their car skidded off a bridge into an icy creek in rural northern Illinois.
Will County Coroner Patrick O'Neil said 14-year-old Matthew Bailey, 15-year-old Cody Carter, 17-year-old Cheyenne Fender and 15-year-old Micalah Sembach died. O'Neil saidall four teenagers were from Wilmington, about 60 miles southwest of Chicago.
The coroner said the students were in a car registered to Fender. Authorities are investigating who was driving.
The Will County Sheriff's Department said the bodies were recovered Tuesday from Forked Creek near Wilmington. Officials said the teens had been missing since Monday evening. Authorities don't know exactly when the accident occurred.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Reagan shooter Hinckley closer to permanent freedom
- Gas pipeline explosion probed at California gun range
- FBI unit supplied flawed forensics
- Public access to police body cam videos assailed
- Scientists: Oil spill has harmed health of Gulf of Mexico
- GOP invokes Benghazi, Obama in ripping Clinton
- Keystone pipeline project gains favor among nearby liberals, study shows
- ‘Dr. Oz’ to counter criticisms on air
- Holdup of AG vote cast as issue of race
- Cardinal Francis George of Chicago dead at 78
- Dementia patients’ rights considered