4 teens killed in Illinois crash identified
By The Associated Press
Published: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 9:48 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, March 12, 2013
CHICAGO — A coroner has identified the four high school students killed when their car skidded off a bridge into an icy creek in rural northern Illinois.
Will County Coroner Patrick O'Neil said 14-year-old Matthew Bailey, 15-year-old Cody Carter, 17-year-old Cheyenne Fender and 15-year-old Micalah Sembach died. O'Neil saidall four teenagers were from Wilmington, about 60 miles southwest of Chicago.
The coroner said the students were in a car registered to Fender. Authorities are investigating who was driving.
The Will County Sheriff's Department said the bodies were recovered Tuesday from Forked Creek near Wilmington. Officials said the teens had been missing since Monday evening. Authorities don't know exactly when the accident occurred.
- WVU players spring into action
- IRS official to take the 5th at hearing
- Grim search, rescue efforts from twister near end in Oklahoma
- Apple defends tax strategy before Senate
- U.S. could seize 5 in Benghazi attack
- Massive tornado roars through Oklahoma City suburb
- Muppets creator’s items find home in Queens
- Obama not going after reporters, aide says
- Energy chief vows to review exports before acting on LNG applications
- Across country, IRS gets an earful
- Immigration bill clears Senate panel
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.