4 teens killed in Illinois crash identified
CHICAGO — A coroner has identified the four high school students killed when their car skidded off a bridge into an icy creek in rural northern Illinois.
Will County Coroner Patrick O'Neil said 14-year-old Matthew Bailey, 15-year-old Cody Carter, 17-year-old Cheyenne Fender and 15-year-old Micalah Sembach died. O'Neil saidall four teenagers were from Wilmington, about 60 miles southwest of Chicago.
The coroner said the students were in a car registered to Fender. Authorities are investigating who was driving.
The Will County Sheriff's Department said the bodies were recovered Tuesday from Forked Creek near Wilmington. Officials said the teens had been missing since Monday evening. Authorities don't know exactly when the accident occurred.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- After year of Washington legal pot sales, taxes top $70M
- Anti-Clinton crowd looks left to Sanders
- Obama’s planned trip to Ethiopia riles some emigres
- Volunteers key in marine rescues
- Some Texans fear military training mission has ulterior motives at Obama’s direction
- Pentagon leery of Russia’s ‘hybrid warfare’
- Believers at S.C. church acknowledge pain, anger challenge their tenets
- After years in obscurity, Medal of Honor recipient to be reburied with military honors
- Washington’s wildfire season gets off to an early, unprecedented start
- 66 riders safely evacuated as 400-foot Ferris wheel stops in Florida
- Arizona prison says 700 inmates again ‘refusing to comply’