4 teens killed in Illinois crash identified
CHICAGO — A coroner has identified the four high school students killed when their car skidded off a bridge into an icy creek in rural northern Illinois.
Will County Coroner Patrick O'Neil said 14-year-old Matthew Bailey, 15-year-old Cody Carter, 17-year-old Cheyenne Fender and 15-year-old Micalah Sembach died. O'Neil saidall four teenagers were from Wilmington, about 60 miles southwest of Chicago.
The coroner said the students were in a car registered to Fender. Authorities are investigating who was driving.
The Will County Sheriff's Department said the bodies were recovered Tuesday from Forked Creek near Wilmington. Officials said the teens had been missing since Monday evening. Authorities don't know exactly when the accident occurred.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Worries mount of unleashed ‘Taliban 5’
- Defense chief says U.S. can fly over South China Sea
- Nebraska lawmakers ban death penalty
- Lawyer argues in New York court that chimpanzees have same rights as humans
- FCC clears technology use to block robocalls
- Army lab sent at least 1 live batch of anthrax
- Fossils point to relative of ‘Lucy’ species
- Growth potential remains for online gambling
- Administration finalizes, defends broader regulations under Clean Water Act
- Dems tell DHS to end family detention
- Morgan settles lawsuit with Wal-Mart over crash