4 teens killed in Illinois crash identified
CHICAGO — A coroner has identified the four high school students killed when their car skidded off a bridge into an icy creek in rural northern Illinois.
Will County Coroner Patrick O'Neil said 14-year-old Matthew Bailey, 15-year-old Cody Carter, 17-year-old Cheyenne Fender and 15-year-old Micalah Sembach died. O'Neil saidall four teenagers were from Wilmington, about 60 miles southwest of Chicago.
The coroner said the students were in a car registered to Fender. Authorities are investigating who was driving.
The Will County Sheriff's Department said the bodies were recovered Tuesday from Forked Creek near Wilmington. Officials said the teens had been missing since Monday evening. Authorities don't know exactly when the accident occurred.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New heart failure drug works much better than current treatment, study finds
- University of Wisconsin researchers work to customize vegetables for specific uses
- Mom charged in girl’s death in line for $1M from her trust fund
- Pilot in Atlantic Ocean crash lost consciousness, Coast Guard says
- Half-ton alligator sets world record
- Texas appeals judge’s ruling on restrictive abortion law
- Cleveland welcomes server farms
- New heart drug seen as significant breakthrough
- Italian senators OK cut in powers
- Choice of subjects for postage stamps under fire