4 teens killed in Illinois crash identified
By The Associated Press
Published: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 9:48 p.m.
CHICAGO — A coroner has identified the four high school students killed when their car skidded off a bridge into an icy creek in rural northern Illinois.
Will County Coroner Patrick O'Neil said 14-year-old Matthew Bailey, 15-year-old Cody Carter, 17-year-old Cheyenne Fender and 15-year-old Micalah Sembach died. O'Neil saidall four teenagers were from Wilmington, about 60 miles southwest of Chicago.
The coroner said the students were in a car registered to Fender. Authorities are investigating who was driving.
The Will County Sheriff's Department said the bodies were recovered Tuesday from Forked Creek near Wilmington. Officials said the teens had been missing since Monday evening. Authorities don't know exactly when the accident occurred.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Oregon reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Obama, House Republicans trade accusations in thwarting immigration reform
- Denver wife killed 12 minutes into 911 call, sparking inquiry
- Recovery expert believes wreckage of missing plane located
- Hoax bomb case causes concerns in Boston
- US Airways’ pornographic tweet won’t cost anyone a job
- AC/DC not disbanding, lead singer Brian Johnson says
- Global economy recovering from ‘disaster,’ IMF says
- Christie ‘nervous’ as scandal pointed to aides
- Federal judge strikes down North Dakota abortion ban
- Immigration activists threaten Obama, Democrats