4 teens killed in Illinois crash identified
CHICAGO — A coroner has identified the four high school students killed when their car skidded off a bridge into an icy creek in rural northern Illinois.
Will County Coroner Patrick O'Neil said 14-year-old Matthew Bailey, 15-year-old Cody Carter, 17-year-old Cheyenne Fender and 15-year-old Micalah Sembach died. O'Neil saidall four teenagers were from Wilmington, about 60 miles southwest of Chicago.
The coroner said the students were in a car registered to Fender. Authorities are investigating who was driving.
The Will County Sheriff's Department said the bodies were recovered Tuesday from Forked Creek near Wilmington. Officials said the teens had been missing since Monday evening. Authorities don't know exactly when the accident occurred.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 121 tourists stranded on schooner near Statue of Liberty
- Pentagon program seeks to retain U.S. technological edge against foreign rivals
- White House intrusions reveal problems with security, Secret Service
- Secrecy continues to shroud killings by border agents
- Red tide threatens Florida economy
- Deputy vanishes amid Texas flooding
- Ticks reduce moose population in northern states
- Egyptian Bary admits links to 1998 U.S. Embassy bombings in Africa
- New DNA testing in twins welcomed by prosecutors
- Threats from Mexican cartels lead protesters to scrap immigration rallies, organizer says
- Heart association fears e-cigarettes will produce new generation of smokers