4 teens killed in Illinois crash identified
CHICAGO — A coroner has identified the four high school students killed when their car skidded off a bridge into an icy creek in rural northern Illinois.
Will County Coroner Patrick O'Neil said 14-year-old Matthew Bailey, 15-year-old Cody Carter, 17-year-old Cheyenne Fender and 15-year-old Micalah Sembach died. O'Neil saidall four teenagers were from Wilmington, about 60 miles southwest of Chicago.
The coroner said the students were in a car registered to Fender. Authorities are investigating who was driving.
The Will County Sheriff's Department said the bodies were recovered Tuesday from Forked Creek near Wilmington. Officials said the teens had been missing since Monday evening. Authorities don't know exactly when the accident occurred.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Supreme Court will hear challenge to EPA’s power-plant rules
- Brown family blasts prosecutor; Wilson speaks
- United Mine Workers responds to strike complaint
- Premiums to rise for Obamacare’s most popular plans
- Oregon recounts votes on measure to label GMO foods
- Final Benghazi report touted as ‘definitive’
- Ferguson grand jury focused on fatal ‘tussle’
- Mo. governor adds guardsmen as protests continue
- EPA eyes stringent air quality standards
- In IRS ‘rife with scandal,’ staff to receive bonuses
- Protest in Cleveland over 12-year-old’s shooting death chokes off traffic