4 teens killed in Illinois crash identified
CHICAGO — A coroner has identified the four high school students killed when their car skidded off a bridge into an icy creek in rural northern Illinois.
Will County Coroner Patrick O'Neil said 14-year-old Matthew Bailey, 15-year-old Cody Carter, 17-year-old Cheyenne Fender and 15-year-old Micalah Sembach died. O'Neil saidall four teenagers were from Wilmington, about 60 miles southwest of Chicago.
The coroner said the students were in a car registered to Fender. Authorities are investigating who was driving.
The Will County Sheriff's Department said the bodies were recovered Tuesday from Forked Creek near Wilmington. Officials said the teens had been missing since Monday evening. Authorities don't know exactly when the accident occurred.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Utah’s Chaffetz in race for House speaker
- Hot issues put Supreme Court at helm of 2016 race
- Faith a comfort in aftermath of Oregon shooting
- Deal close on Pacific free trade pact
- Oregon college gunman’s victims walked varied paths
- 2 men arrested in 1984 rape, killing of girl, 14
- Ohio’s interpretation of Common Core test results threatens national comparison goals
- California vineyards skip irrigation amid drought
- Another round of divisive cases awaits Supreme Court
- Apartment blast kills 1 in Brooklyn
- Football game in St. Louis halted by gunshots