4 teens killed in Illinois crash identified
CHICAGO — A coroner has identified the four high school students killed when their car skidded off a bridge into an icy creek in rural northern Illinois.
Will County Coroner Patrick O'Neil said 14-year-old Matthew Bailey, 15-year-old Cody Carter, 17-year-old Cheyenne Fender and 15-year-old Micalah Sembach died. O'Neil saidall four teenagers were from Wilmington, about 60 miles southwest of Chicago.
The coroner said the students were in a car registered to Fender. Authorities are investigating who was driving.
The Will County Sheriff's Department said the bodies were recovered Tuesday from Forked Creek near Wilmington. Officials said the teens had been missing since Monday evening. Authorities don't know exactly when the accident occurred.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- U.S. to arm Iraq’s Sunni tribesmen
- 3-mile buffer suggested for grouse breeding, oil and gas drilling
- Former Pa. state worker charged with stealing 610 helmets
- Former nuke commander linked to fake poker chips
- Stent recipients may require longer use of anti-clotting drugs
- For 2nd time in year, norovirus spreads on cruise ship
- Government websites fail to provide adequate information about Medicare, GAO finds
- Former Va. Sen. Webb launches presidential exploratory committee
- ‘Sex purchasers’ publicly shamed
- NSA: China thefts could lead to attack
- Paralyzed Marine uses robotic legs to walk during Bronze Star ceremony