4 teens killed in Illinois crash identified
CHICAGO — A coroner has identified the four high school students killed when their car skidded off a bridge into an icy creek in rural northern Illinois.
Will County Coroner Patrick O'Neil said 14-year-old Matthew Bailey, 15-year-old Cody Carter, 17-year-old Cheyenne Fender and 15-year-old Micalah Sembach died. O'Neil saidall four teenagers were from Wilmington, about 60 miles southwest of Chicago.
The coroner said the students were in a car registered to Fender. Authorities are investigating who was driving.
The Will County Sheriff's Department said the bodies were recovered Tuesday from Forked Creek near Wilmington. Officials said the teens had been missing since Monday evening. Authorities don't know exactly when the accident occurred.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- CIA admits Senate was spied on
- Credit-card-stealing virus ‘Backoff’ virtually undetectable, Homeland Security warns
- Museum sleepover for adults sells out
- CEO shot, wounded in Chicago, apparently by demoted executive
- Congress considers dangers of driving high
- IRS calls right-wing Republicans ‘crazies’ in emails
- FDA will regulate labs’ ‘high-risk’ test devices
- State Dept: ‘No American is proud’ of CIA tactics
- Law enforcement, intelligence agencies want to ‘like’ you on social media
- Senate report to question detention, interrogation practices, secrecy at CIA after 9/11
- 6 narcotics officers charged with racketeering