4 teens killed in Illinois crash identified
CHICAGO — A coroner has identified the four high school students killed when their car skidded off a bridge into an icy creek in rural northern Illinois.
Will County Coroner Patrick O'Neil said 14-year-old Matthew Bailey, 15-year-old Cody Carter, 17-year-old Cheyenne Fender and 15-year-old Micalah Sembach died. O'Neil saidall four teenagers were from Wilmington, about 60 miles southwest of Chicago.
The coroner said the students were in a car registered to Fender. Authorities are investigating who was driving.
The Will County Sheriff's Department said the bodies were recovered Tuesday from Forked Creek near Wilmington. Officials said the teens had been missing since Monday evening. Authorities don't know exactly when the accident occurred.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Issa demands Labor records that he says show government waste
- Conn. expert set to guide Obamacare exchanges
- Mexican leader given message: Free Marine from border jail
- Wis. woman identified shooter before dying, court papers show
- Police: Drugs, alcohol not factors in Freeh crash
- Rosa Parks’ apartment in Montgomery, Ala., hit by copper-seeking thieves
- Powerful GOP leaders linked to tax-avoidance
- Justice Department to investigate DEA’s payment to Amtrak informant
- Cause of New Mexico nuclear-waste accident remains a mystery
- Audio of Mo. shooting emerges, said to be authentic
- Suspected serial stowaway arrested in Ariz.