Houston police accuse man of repeatedly raping, impregnating 11-year-old
HOUSTON — A Houston man has been accused of repeatedly raping an 11-year-old neighbor who became pregnant and gave birth this week.
Deandrea Devon Davis-Williams, 21, was arrested late Tuesday.
The girl delivered a healthy child on Thursday, Harris County District Attorney's spokeswoman Sara Marie Kinney announced on Friday.
According to the criminal complaint, the girl's mother received a call from her daughter's school saying school officials believed she was pregnant. When the mother bought a home pregnancy test and explained it to her daughter, the girl began crying and told her about the assaults.
The attacks allegedly began last summer while the girl's mother was at work and occurred “almost every day when no one was home,” police said in the criminal complaint. They continued during the school year when her mother was working two jobs.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 121 tourists stranded on schooner near Statue of Liberty
- White House intrusions reveal problems with security, Secret Service
- Utah teacher’s concealed weapon goes off, hitting her, toilet
- Black lung disease on rise in Appalachia
- ATF told to pay ex-agent $173K
- Snowden: U.S. shared info about Americans
- Strong rip currents kill 2 men in Ocean City
- Red tide threatens Florida economy
- Convicted Florida felon kills his 6 grandchildren, daughter, self
- License plate scanner networks gotcha
- Scope of Chrysler’s latest SUV recall questioned