Houston police accuse man of repeatedly raping, impregnating 11-year-old
HOUSTON — A Houston man has been accused of repeatedly raping an 11-year-old neighbor who became pregnant and gave birth this week.
Deandrea Devon Davis-Williams, 21, was arrested late Tuesday.
The girl delivered a healthy child on Thursday, Harris County District Attorney's spokeswoman Sara Marie Kinney announced on Friday.
According to the criminal complaint, the girl's mother received a call from her daughter's school saying school officials believed she was pregnant. When the mother bought a home pregnancy test and explained it to her daughter, the girl began crying and told her about the assaults.
The attacks allegedly began last summer while the girl's mother was at work and occurred “almost every day when no one was home,” police said in the criminal complaint. They continued during the school year when her mother was working two jobs.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Realistic toy guns sold to N.Y. residents spur fines of more than $300K for online retailers
- Food industry players fighting proposed dietary guidelines drop millions on lobbyists
- 3 Senate Dems throw weight behind Iran deal
- FBI probes Clinton’s private email setup
- Feds accuse Philadelphia congressman Fattah of corruption
- Despite U.S. dollars and bombs, effort failing to squash ISIS
- Jury eyes execution as option for Colorado movie theater shooter
- Family of woman found dead in Texas jail files wrongful death suit
- Brown’s shooting makes ex-Ferguson cop ‘unemployable,’ he tells magazine
- Milwaukee archdiocese wants to pay 300 abuse victims $21M; it’s not enough, some say
- 5th video of Planned Parenthood released