Houston police accuse man of repeatedly raping, impregnating 11-year-old
HOUSTON — A Houston man has been accused of repeatedly raping an 11-year-old neighbor who became pregnant and gave birth this week.
Deandrea Devon Davis-Williams, 21, was arrested late Tuesday.
The girl delivered a healthy child on Thursday, Harris County District Attorney's spokeswoman Sara Marie Kinney announced on Friday.
According to the criminal complaint, the girl's mother received a call from her daughter's school saying school officials believed she was pregnant. When the mother bought a home pregnancy test and explained it to her daughter, the girl began crying and told her about the assaults.
The attacks allegedly began last summer while the girl's mother was at work and occurred “almost every day when no one was home,” police said in the criminal complaint. They continued during the school year when her mother was working two jobs.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sunlight reduces risk of nearsightedness in children, study suggests
- FBI uses journalists as bait for terrorists, escapee from Syrian group says
- Texan who targeted Mexican consulate in Austin killed in shootout with police
- Maine State Prison draws Black Friday shoppers
- Bombers to train over Plains
- Homeless woman’s stun gun spurs 2nd Amendment case
- Ferguson-related unrest disrupts Black Friday shopping in several cities
- Boys in New York buried for hours in snow pile
- House ethics panel defers campaign finance investigation of New York Rep. Grimm
- U.S. to arm Iraq’s Sunni tribesmen
- Police code of conduct aims to curb unlawful seizures from motorists