Houston police accuse man of repeatedly raping, impregnating 11-year-old
HOUSTON — A Houston man has been accused of repeatedly raping an 11-year-old neighbor who became pregnant and gave birth this week.
Deandrea Devon Davis-Williams, 21, was arrested late Tuesday.
The girl delivered a healthy child on Thursday, Harris County District Attorney's spokeswoman Sara Marie Kinney announced on Friday.
According to the criminal complaint, the girl's mother received a call from her daughter's school saying school officials believed she was pregnant. When the mother bought a home pregnancy test and explained it to her daughter, the girl began crying and told her about the assaults.
The attacks allegedly began last summer while the girl's mother was at work and occurred “almost every day when no one was home,” police said in the criminal complaint. They continued during the school year when her mother was working two jobs.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Maryland doctor will give up license
- U.S. Customs loses track of 6K students who overstayed visas
- 350 more troops assigned to US Embassy in Baghdad
- Judge frees 2 N.C. men convicted in 1983 rape, killing
- Feds cleared of some abuse claims by illegals
- Teens bust out of Tenn. detention center
- City makes case as bankruptcy trial begins for Detroit
- Eco-friendly focus offered preschoolers
- Double mastectomies don’t boost chances
- Federal panel backs Indiana right-to-work law
- Corruption case against former Va. governor handed over to jury