Houston police accuse man of repeatedly raping, impregnating 11-year-old
HOUSTON — A Houston man has been accused of repeatedly raping an 11-year-old neighbor who became pregnant and gave birth this week.
Deandrea Devon Davis-Williams, 21, was arrested late Tuesday.
The girl delivered a healthy child on Thursday, Harris County District Attorney's spokeswoman Sara Marie Kinney announced on Friday.
According to the criminal complaint, the girl's mother received a call from her daughter's school saying school officials believed she was pregnant. When the mother bought a home pregnancy test and explained it to her daughter, the girl began crying and told her about the assaults.
The attacks allegedly began last summer while the girl's mother was at work and occurred “almost every day when no one was home,” police said in the criminal complaint. They continued during the school year when her mother was working two jobs.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Edible pot ban proposed, yanked in Colorado
- Earth heads for record 2014
- High court will take case on gun ownership
- GOP governors don’t see ‘Obamacare’ going away
- Crying suspect trapped in Calif. chimney, saved but arrested
- Over 3 years, extended federal leave adds up to $775M
- Indiana slaying suspect hints at more deaths
- Congress examines NSA official’s part-time job
- Suspect in Va. disappearance charged in rape
- Officials: 500M financial records hacked
- Crowd at Met protests ‘Death of Klinghoffer,’ calling opera anti-Semitic