Houston police accuse man of repeatedly raping, impregnating 11-year-old
HOUSTON — A Houston man has been accused of repeatedly raping an 11-year-old neighbor who became pregnant and gave birth this week.
Deandrea Devon Davis-Williams, 21, was arrested late Tuesday.
The girl delivered a healthy child on Thursday, Harris County District Attorney's spokeswoman Sara Marie Kinney announced on Friday.
According to the criminal complaint, the girl's mother received a call from her daughter's school saying school officials believed she was pregnant. When the mother bought a home pregnancy test and explained it to her daughter, the girl began crying and told her about the assaults.
The attacks allegedly began last summer while the girl's mother was at work and occurred “almost every day when no one was home,” police said in the criminal complaint. They continued during the school year when her mother was working two jobs.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New York City hunkers down as Nor’easter threatens blizzard conditions
- Ex-CIA officer convicted of leaking info about covert Iran mission
- 3 Russians charged with spying spoke in code, passed concealed message, sought recruits, federal prosecutor alleges
- American drone hit kills al-Qaida terror suspects in Yemen
- Ramping up e-cigarette voltage may be more hazardous to health
- Small drone crashes at White House complex, origin unclear
- Arizona hospital tests brain tumor drugs by giving patients dose, then operating
- Orcas could land on endangered list
- Government agencies use high-tech radar devices to peer inside houses without warrant
- Attorney general nominee Lynch draws glowing review before Senate confirmation hearing
- Obama to seek protection of wilderness designation for Alaska refuge