Houston police accuse man of repeatedly raping, impregnating 11-year-old
HOUSTON — A Houston man has been accused of repeatedly raping an 11-year-old neighbor who became pregnant and gave birth this week.
Deandrea Devon Davis-Williams, 21, was arrested late Tuesday.
The girl delivered a healthy child on Thursday, Harris County District Attorney's spokeswoman Sara Marie Kinney announced on Friday.
According to the criminal complaint, the girl's mother received a call from her daughter's school saying school officials believed she was pregnant. When the mother bought a home pregnancy test and explained it to her daughter, the girl began crying and told her about the assaults.
The attacks allegedly began last summer while the girl's mother was at work and occurred “almost every day when no one was home,” police said in the criminal complaint. They continued during the school year when her mother was working two jobs.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Alamo named as World Heritage site by United Nations
- Santorum charter flight tab broke $400K
- Anti-Clinton crowd looks left to Sanders
- Risk of government shutdown to worry Congress on return from July Fourth
- Deteriorating nails blamed for North Carolina deck collapse
- Arizona prison to relocate more than 350 inmates after disturbance
- Police: Maine man shoots firework from top of his head, dies
- Austin police kill gunman in slaying in hotel lobby
- Years will be needed to gauge efforts to cut Lake Erie algae
- Woman who tries to sneak on planes arrested twice in 2 days
- Measles carries risk of deadly complication for young