Houston police accuse man of repeatedly raping, impregnating 11-year-old
By The Associated Press
Published: Friday, March 22, 2013, 6:00 p.m.
HOUSTON — A Houston man has been accused of repeatedly raping an 11-year-old neighbor who became pregnant and gave birth this week.
Deandrea Devon Davis-Williams, 21, was arrested late Tuesday.
The girl delivered a healthy child on Thursday, Harris County District Attorney's spokeswoman Sara Marie Kinney announced on Friday.
According to the criminal complaint, the girl's mother received a call from her daughter's school saying school officials believed she was pregnant. When the mother bought a home pregnancy test and explained it to her daughter, the girl began crying and told her about the assaults.
The attacks allegedly began last summer while the girl's mother was at work and occurred “almost every day when no one was home,” police said in the criminal complaint. They continued during the school year when her mother was working two jobs.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hearing to determine fate of sergeant accused of killing 2 deaf Iraqi boys
- Mo. mayor steps down over anti-Semitic comments
- Precautions lack year since fatal blast at plant
- Justices uphold Michigan ban on affirmative action, giving states room to maneuver
- Senator pitches gasoline tax increase
- Images best of readied D-Day ships
- Little toxicity data exists for tainted W.Va. water
- Obama surveys mudslide devastation
- Ohio couple married for 70 years dies just 15 hours apart
- IRS, other agencies award contracts to license plate tracking company
- Washington’s snowy owl recovers from apparent bus crash, returns to wild