Houston police accuse man of repeatedly raping, impregnating 11-year-old
HOUSTON — A Houston man has been accused of repeatedly raping an 11-year-old neighbor who became pregnant and gave birth this week.
Deandrea Devon Davis-Williams, 21, was arrested late Tuesday.
The girl delivered a healthy child on Thursday, Harris County District Attorney's spokeswoman Sara Marie Kinney announced on Friday.
According to the criminal complaint, the girl's mother received a call from her daughter's school saying school officials believed she was pregnant. When the mother bought a home pregnancy test and explained it to her daughter, the girl began crying and told her about the assaults.
The attacks allegedly began last summer while the girl's mother was at work and occurred “almost every day when no one was home,” police said in the criminal complaint. They continued during the school year when her mother was working two jobs.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Texas man charged with helping friend’s bid to join ISIS
- Airman kills 1 in North Dakota store
- Baltimore gets bloodier as arrests drop post-riots
- EPA’s temporary pesticide-free zones would protect commercial honeybees
- Texas rivers threaten cities downstream
- Former GOP House Speaker Hastert indicted in banking violation
- Tar balls wash ashore in California
- Justice Department seeks info on medical scope in superbug outbreaks
- California man beaten by deputies on video faces charges
- Pataki formally opens White House bid, 8th from GOP
- Detroit-area police officer to stand trial in driver’s beating