Houston police accuse man of repeatedly raping, impregnating 11-year-old
HOUSTON — A Houston man has been accused of repeatedly raping an 11-year-old neighbor who became pregnant and gave birth this week.
Deandrea Devon Davis-Williams, 21, was arrested late Tuesday.
The girl delivered a healthy child on Thursday, Harris County District Attorney's spokeswoman Sara Marie Kinney announced on Friday.
According to the criminal complaint, the girl's mother received a call from her daughter's school saying school officials believed she was pregnant. When the mother bought a home pregnancy test and explained it to her daughter, the girl began crying and told her about the assaults.
The attacks allegedly began last summer while the girl's mother was at work and occurred “almost every day when no one was home,” police said in the criminal complaint. They continued during the school year when her mother was working two jobs.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Officials: Broken rail caused February W.V. train derailment
- Officials: 1 dead, 3 wounded in Northern Arizona University shooting
- Dozens of terror plots disrupted in America, FBI claims
- Oregon college town sets gun rights protest for Obama visit
- Coal industry seeks unusual partner in UN green climate fund
- Civil servants’ pay, benefits exceed private-sector counterparts, Cato study finds
- Ohio teacher accused in husband’s vehicular death gets job back
- Raids aim to weed out growers on federal land
- Hero in French train terrorist attack injured in bar brawl
- Wrong drug may have been used in Okla. execution
- McCarthy drops out as GOP speaker candidate in shocker