Houston police accuse man of repeatedly raping, impregnating 11-year-old
HOUSTON — A Houston man has been accused of repeatedly raping an 11-year-old neighbor who became pregnant and gave birth this week.
Deandrea Devon Davis-Williams, 21, was arrested late Tuesday.
The girl delivered a healthy child on Thursday, Harris County District Attorney's spokeswoman Sara Marie Kinney announced on Friday.
According to the criminal complaint, the girl's mother received a call from her daughter's school saying school officials believed she was pregnant. When the mother bought a home pregnancy test and explained it to her daughter, the girl began crying and told her about the assaults.
The attacks allegedly began last summer while the girl's mother was at work and occurred “almost every day when no one was home,” police said in the criminal complaint. They continued during the school year when her mother was working two jobs.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Suspect in Colorado clinic attack Dear makes court appearance
- EPA increases ethanol in gasoline supply for 2016
- New York City’s salt warning rule to take effect at chain restaurants
- Atlantic Coast cities rise up against offshore drilling plans
- Opposition mounts to genetic modification of human embryos
- ‘Homeland’ to hair: Emails peek into Hillary Clinton’s personal life
- Police shooting of black teen cited in University of Chicago threat
- Storm dumps snow on Northern Plains
- House majority leader predicts no government shutdown over Planned Parenthood
- Cleveland panel OKs lakefront Superman statue
- House may move quickly to overhaul visa waiver program