Houston police accuse man of repeatedly raping, impregnating 11-year-old
HOUSTON — A Houston man has been accused of repeatedly raping an 11-year-old neighbor who became pregnant and gave birth this week.
Deandrea Devon Davis-Williams, 21, was arrested late Tuesday.
The girl delivered a healthy child on Thursday, Harris County District Attorney's spokeswoman Sara Marie Kinney announced on Friday.
According to the criminal complaint, the girl's mother received a call from her daughter's school saying school officials believed she was pregnant. When the mother bought a home pregnancy test and explained it to her daughter, the girl began crying and told her about the assaults.
The attacks allegedly began last summer while the girl's mother was at work and occurred “almost every day when no one was home,” police said in the criminal complaint. They continued during the school year when her mother was working two jobs.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Even before Ebola contained, U.S. looks to next health crisis
- Spying software reportedly snooped on companies, governments, individuals since 2008
- Graham rejects GOP Benghazi report as ‘garbage’
- Obama defends executive action on illegals
- E-cigarettes cut cravings, study finds
- D.C. charges woman over armed protest
- Former Wounded Warrior leader removed from Department of Defense employment
- 3-mile buffer suggested for grouse breeding, oil and gas drilling
- U.S. to arm Iraq’s Sunni tribesmen
- Plan in works to speed up schools’ Internet service
- Vote on Keystone XL pipeline hangs in balance