Houston police accuse man of repeatedly raping, impregnating 11-year-old
HOUSTON — A Houston man has been accused of repeatedly raping an 11-year-old neighbor who became pregnant and gave birth this week.
Deandrea Devon Davis-Williams, 21, was arrested late Tuesday.
The girl delivered a healthy child on Thursday, Harris County District Attorney's spokeswoman Sara Marie Kinney announced on Friday.
According to the criminal complaint, the girl's mother received a call from her daughter's school saying school officials believed she was pregnant. When the mother bought a home pregnancy test and explained it to her daughter, the girl began crying and told her about the assaults.
The attacks allegedly began last summer while the girl's mother was at work and occurred “almost every day when no one was home,” police said in the criminal complaint. They continued during the school year when her mother was working two jobs.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Doctor 1st Ebola virus case in New York City
- Fight against Islamic State at impasse, military commanders say
- West Virginia University expels 3 students for postgame misconduct
- Huge gold nugget goes on sale for $400K
- 3 killed in Md. mid-air collision
- Feds fault security of tax info gathered for health care law benefits
- Missouri officials faulted by feds for ‘selective’ probe in police shooting death
- Driver accused of pretending to be Ohio cop
- Court: IRS not targeting conservative tax-exempt groups
- Man shot from behind, Wecht’s autopsy finds
- Sen. Casey seeks to cut off benefits to ex-Nazis