Houston police accuse man of repeatedly raping, impregnating 11-year-old
HOUSTON — A Houston man has been accused of repeatedly raping an 11-year-old neighbor who became pregnant and gave birth this week.
Deandrea Devon Davis-Williams, 21, was arrested late Tuesday.
The girl delivered a healthy child on Thursday, Harris County District Attorney's spokeswoman Sara Marie Kinney announced on Friday.
According to the criminal complaint, the girl's mother received a call from her daughter's school saying school officials believed she was pregnant. When the mother bought a home pregnancy test and explained it to her daughter, the girl began crying and told her about the assaults.
The attacks allegedly began last summer while the girl's mother was at work and occurred “almost every day when no one was home,” police said in the criminal complaint. They continued during the school year when her mother was working two jobs.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kentucky clerks to license marriages with their boss in jail
- 1 Marine killed, 9 hurt in helicopter hard landing
- Army fully opens Ranger School to female soldiers
- Sasquatch sighting! Maine police say Bigfoot artist nabbed
- Clerk aims to block Ky. governor’s order
- Judge clears way for revival of NSA wiretap suit
- New Orleans slow to heal 10 years after Hurricane Katrina
- Clinton: Women ‘expect’ extremism from terrorists, not GOP candidates
- CIA joins special ops in secret terrorist hunt in Syria
- U.S. Catholics at odds with church, survey finds
- World population of trees to people: 422 to 1, team finds