Convicted felon charged in deaths on Kansas farm
OTTAWA, Kan. — A 27-year-old convicted felon was charged on Friday in the deaths of Kaylie Bailey, 21; Andrew Stout, 30; and Steven White, 31. Kyle Flack also faces charges in the death of the woman's young daughter, 18-month-old Lana Leigh Bailey.
Flack remained jailed after an afternoon court appearance.
Franklin County Sheriff Jeffrey Richards said the little girl is presumed dead, but he has not released details.
“We plan to continue until we get a full resolution to this case,” Richards said.
Franklin County officials waited until they had identified Kaylie Bailey's body before requesting on Wednesday afternoon that the Kansas Bureau of Investigation issue an Amber Alert for her missing daughter.
The girl's disappearance had been widely reported by that time, and the agency rejected what they called a “delayed” request.
The body of Kaylie Bailey of Olathe was discovered on Monday at the Ottawa-area farm where she had gone with her friend Stout to drop off her daughter.
Friends who went to check on Stout found Bailey's body and called 911.
Stout and White both lived on the farm. White was killed between April 20 and 28, and Bailey, her daughter and Stout were killed between April 28 and May 6, records show.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- National Weather Service to evaluate work after missed call on storm
- Blizzard howls its way into Boston but largely spares NYC
- Pittsburgh travelers feel effects of Northeast blizzard
- Medicare payments to tie doctor, hospital payments to quality rather than volume of care
- VA plans major structure changes; Pittsburgh’s fate as regional HQ remains unclear
- National debt due to sharply escalate
- Dems stall Keystone XL legislation
- Northeast waits for foot (or 2) of snow to drop
- Ex-CIA officer convicted of leaking info about covert Iran mission
- American drone hit kills al-Qaida terror suspects in Yemen
- Ramping up e-cigarette voltage may be more hazardous to health