Convicted felon charged in deaths on Kansas farm
OTTAWA, Kan. — A 27-year-old convicted felon was charged on Friday in the deaths of Kaylie Bailey, 21; Andrew Stout, 30; and Steven White, 31. Kyle Flack also faces charges in the death of the woman's young daughter, 18-month-old Lana Leigh Bailey.
Flack remained jailed after an afternoon court appearance.
Franklin County Sheriff Jeffrey Richards said the little girl is presumed dead, but he has not released details.
“We plan to continue until we get a full resolution to this case,” Richards said.
Franklin County officials waited until they had identified Kaylie Bailey's body before requesting on Wednesday afternoon that the Kansas Bureau of Investigation issue an Amber Alert for her missing daughter.
The girl's disappearance had been widely reported by that time, and the agency rejected what they called a “delayed” request.
The body of Kaylie Bailey of Olathe was discovered on Monday at the Ottawa-area farm where she had gone with her friend Stout to drop off her daughter.
Friends who went to check on Stout found Bailey's body and called 911.
Stout and White both lived on the farm. White was killed between April 20 and 28, and Bailey, her daughter and Stout were killed between April 28 and May 6, records show.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Philadelphia Mafia figure returned to prison for meeting friend
- Warhol bodyguard sued over hidden artwork
- Seattle area school homecoming ‘prince’ guns down classmates
- North Korea may have key to nuclear missile, general says
- Lawyer turns down AG post
- New York, New Jersey order 21-day quarantine of all in contact with Ebola virus
- Washington city takes stock of damage from rare tornado
- U.S. rules out apology to Pyongyang in exchange for 2 imprisoned Americans
- 1686 shipwreck ‘like dinosaur’ being rebuilt for museum
- Test confirms remains are missing Virginia student’s
- 2 California deputies slain, suspect captured