Convicted felon charged in deaths on Kansas farm
By The Associated Press
Published: Friday, May 10, 2013, 7:39 p.m.
OTTAWA, Kan. — A 27-year-old convicted felon was charged on Friday in the deaths of Kaylie Bailey, 21; Andrew Stout, 30; and Steven White, 31. Kyle Flack also faces charges in the death of the woman's young daughter, 18-month-old Lana Leigh Bailey.
Flack remained jailed after an afternoon court appearance.
Franklin County Sheriff Jeffrey Richards said the little girl is presumed dead, but he has not released details.
“We plan to continue until we get a full resolution to this case,” Richards said.
Franklin County officials waited until they had identified Kaylie Bailey's body before requesting on Wednesday afternoon that the Kansas Bureau of Investigation issue an Amber Alert for her missing daughter.
The girl's disappearance had been widely reported by that time, and the agency rejected what they called a “delayed” request.
The body of Kaylie Bailey of Olathe was discovered on Monday at the Ottawa-area farm where she had gone with her friend Stout to drop off her daughter.
Friends who went to check on Stout found Bailey's body and called 911.
Stout and White both lived on the farm. White was killed between April 20 and 28, and Bailey, her daughter and Stout were killed between April 28 and May 6, records show.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hearing to determine fate of sergeant accused of killing 2 deaf Iraqi youths
- Precautions lack year since fatal blast at plant
- Mo. mayor steps down over anti-Semitic comments
- Senator pitches gasoline tax increase
- Foundation gives $13M to promote Obamacare
- Little toxicity data exists for tainted W.Va. water
- Moscow to get serious ‘message’ from U.S.
- Images best of readied D-Day ships
- Justices uphold Michigan ban on affirmative action, giving states room to maneuver
- Justices critical of Ohio law punishing campaign lies
- Details about USS Cole suspect’s stint in CIA custody must be turned over