Father jailed in Colo. kidnapping
DENVER — Authorities on Sunday arrested a man accused of breaking into his estranged wife's home before blasting her with a stun gun and pepper spray and kidnapping their 3-year-old son.
Monty Ray Turner was arrested without incident at a motel in Brandon, Manitoba, Canada, about 1:30 p.m., said Longmont, Colo., police Cmdr. Jeff Satur. The boy was found unharmed.
“We are working with the FBI on extradition and reuniting (the boy) with his mother,” Satur said. “We've been working very hard on this case since yesterday.”
Late Sunday afternoon, Satur said officials hope to reunite the child and his mother on Monday. The child is with Family Services in Canada, he said.
Police said Turner assaulted his wife at her Longmont home Saturday and left with their child, Luke Turner. A court order prohibits the father from contacting his wife and son.
Brandy Turner told the Denver Post on Saturday that when her husband began struggling with her, her son was yelling: “Please don't hurt my mommy.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Instances of hacking may be up, but indictments against Chinese military impactful, experts say
- Dolphin leaps into boat, mom hurt
- Security for optic cables called lax
- Calif. cities slash water use
- Infantry veteran gets nod to lead Marines as top general
- 7th victim bitten off Outer Banks
- Obama: U.S. embassy in Havana marks ‘new chapter’ in Cuba ties
- Justice to investigate airlines over seat restrictions, ticket prices
- Fires at black churches stir worst fears amid relative calm
- Episcopalians vote to allow same-sex wedding ceremonies
- Senator McCain: Rocket engine a priority for space program