Father jailed in Colo. kidnapping
DENVER — Authorities on Sunday arrested a man accused of breaking into his estranged wife's home before blasting her with a stun gun and pepper spray and kidnapping their 3-year-old son.
Monty Ray Turner was arrested without incident at a motel in Brandon, Manitoba, Canada, about 1:30 p.m., said Longmont, Colo., police Cmdr. Jeff Satur. The boy was found unharmed.
“We are working with the FBI on extradition and reuniting (the boy) with his mother,” Satur said. “We've been working very hard on this case since yesterday.”
Late Sunday afternoon, Satur said officials hope to reunite the child and his mother on Monday. The child is with Family Services in Canada, he said.
Police said Turner assaulted his wife at her Longmont home Saturday and left with their child, Luke Turner. A court order prohibits the father from contacting his wife and son.
Brandy Turner told the Denver Post on Saturday that when her husband began struggling with her, her son was yelling: “Please don't hurt my mommy.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Supreme Court’s health care law ruling worries 34 states
- Monarch butterflies find milkweed supply dwindles
- Huge, ancient quasar could alter theories on black holes
- Perceived slights have some New Yorkers longing for Pennsylvania
- Florida fisherman’s high court win spurs call for legal reform
- Paul edges Walker in CPAC straw poll
- Gene making human brains bigger found
- Why would GOP candidate for Missouri governor Schweich kill himself?
- Homeland Security panned for passing on bio-threat technology
- Most young Republicans back legal marijuana
- Congress approves 1-week funding measure for Homeland Security