Father jailed in Colo. kidnapping
DENVER — Authorities on Sunday arrested a man accused of breaking into his estranged wife's home before blasting her with a stun gun and pepper spray and kidnapping their 3-year-old son.
Monty Ray Turner was arrested without incident at a motel in Brandon, Manitoba, Canada, about 1:30 p.m., said Longmont, Colo., police Cmdr. Jeff Satur. The boy was found unharmed.
“We are working with the FBI on extradition and reuniting (the boy) with his mother,” Satur said. “We've been working very hard on this case since yesterday.”
Late Sunday afternoon, Satur said officials hope to reunite the child and his mother on Monday. The child is with Family Services in Canada, he said.
Police said Turner assaulted his wife at her Longmont home Saturday and left with their child, Luke Turner. A court order prohibits the father from contacting his wife and son.
Brandy Turner told the Denver Post on Saturday that when her husband began struggling with her, her son was yelling: “Please don't hurt my mommy.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- West Virginia on pace to issue record number of concealed-carry permits
- Obama orders steeper emission cuts from power plants
- Democrats see ‘firewall’ preserving Iran nuclear deal
- Tent blows off mooring, kills 1 near Chicago
- Medicare patients’ outcomes improve
- Marines finally ready to roll out controversial fighter jet
- Veterans notified of info breach in South Dakota
- Hitchhiking robot’s journey west cut short in Philly
- Manhunt under way for suspect in Memphis officer’s killing
- Phoenix man accused of beheading wife, dogs jailed on $2M bail
- Finish 44-year Hamtramck housing bias case soon, judge tells lawyers