Father jailed in Colo. kidnapping
DENVER — Authorities on Sunday arrested a man accused of breaking into his estranged wife's home before blasting her with a stun gun and pepper spray and kidnapping their 3-year-old son.
Monty Ray Turner was arrested without incident at a motel in Brandon, Manitoba, Canada, about 1:30 p.m., said Longmont, Colo., police Cmdr. Jeff Satur. The boy was found unharmed.
“We are working with the FBI on extradition and reuniting (the boy) with his mother,” Satur said. “We've been working very hard on this case since yesterday.”
Late Sunday afternoon, Satur said officials hope to reunite the child and his mother on Monday. The child is with Family Services in Canada, he said.
Police said Turner assaulted his wife at her Longmont home Saturday and left with their child, Luke Turner. A court order prohibits the father from contacting his wife and son.
Brandy Turner told the Denver Post on Saturday that when her husband began struggling with her, her son was yelling: “Please don't hurt my mommy.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Video prompts calls for probe of Chicago police
- Obama: No credible intelligence about terror plot against US
- Company backs away from pledge to cut drug’s $750-per-pill price
- Ads for Nazi-themed show pulled from NYC subways
- U.S. troops suspended in airstrike on Afghan hospital
- Military Academy bans pillow fights; 30 hurt during last one
- Student dies in traditional Ohio State University lake jump
- Obama signs $607B Defense bill but blasts GOP limits for Gitmo
- N.H. prep grad to appeal sex assault verdict
- ‘Crisis mode’ near at U.S.-Mexico line as nearly 5,000 children try to cross border in October
- Peanut glut poses hefty bailout tab for taxpayers