Father jailed in Colo. kidnapping
DENVER — Authorities on Sunday arrested a man accused of breaking into his estranged wife's home before blasting her with a stun gun and pepper spray and kidnapping their 3-year-old son.
Monty Ray Turner was arrested without incident at a motel in Brandon, Manitoba, Canada, about 1:30 p.m., said Longmont, Colo., police Cmdr. Jeff Satur. The boy was found unharmed.
“We are working with the FBI on extradition and reuniting (the boy) with his mother,” Satur said. “We've been working very hard on this case since yesterday.”
Late Sunday afternoon, Satur said officials hope to reunite the child and his mother on Monday. The child is with Family Services in Canada, he said.
Police said Turner assaulted his wife at her Longmont home Saturday and left with their child, Luke Turner. A court order prohibits the father from contacting his wife and son.
Brandy Turner told the Denver Post on Saturday that when her husband began struggling with her, her son was yelling: “Please don't hurt my mommy.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Locavore movement takes to deer hunting across country
- Ohio dairy farmers cashing in on gas well boom
- Tough Texas gets prison results by going softer on crime
- Oregon police dog fired from job
- Study touts benefits of full-day preschool
- Beagle-mix proves it’s rancher’s true Buddy, hitches ride on ambulance
- Former Va. Sen. Webb launches presidential exploratory committee
- EPA pays $1 million to 8 workers to stay home on leave
- House GOP sues Obama administration over federal health care law
- With no indictment, chaos fills Ferguson streets
- Feds put brakes on green energy edict of renewable fuel standard