Father jailed in Colo. kidnapping
DENVER — Authorities on Sunday arrested a man accused of breaking into his estranged wife's home before blasting her with a stun gun and pepper spray and kidnapping their 3-year-old son.
Monty Ray Turner was arrested without incident at a motel in Brandon, Manitoba, Canada, about 1:30 p.m., said Longmont, Colo., police Cmdr. Jeff Satur. The boy was found unharmed.
“We are working with the FBI on extradition and reuniting (the boy) with his mother,” Satur said. “We've been working very hard on this case since yesterday.”
Late Sunday afternoon, Satur said officials hope to reunite the child and his mother on Monday. The child is with Family Services in Canada, he said.
Police said Turner assaulted his wife at her Longmont home Saturday and left with their child, Luke Turner. A court order prohibits the father from contacting his wife and son.
Brandy Turner told the Denver Post on Saturday that when her husband began struggling with her, her son was yelling: “Please don't hurt my mommy.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- ‘Easy Rider’ bike set for auction
- Dog found in Oregon will fly to Pa.
- White House orders plan for antibiotic resistance problem
- British hostage in Islamic State video talks of showing ‘the truth’
- Red tide threatens Florida economy
- Al-Qaida cell poses as great a danger as ISIS
- Man arrested in Calif. wildfire
- Artificial sweeteners possible contributors to diabetes, obesity
- Yellowstone bison could be culled by 900
- Global heat records tumble once again
- Home Depot warns 56 million cards at risk