Father jailed in Colo. kidnapping
DENVER — Authorities on Sunday arrested a man accused of breaking into his estranged wife's home before blasting her with a stun gun and pepper spray and kidnapping their 3-year-old son.
Monty Ray Turner was arrested without incident at a motel in Brandon, Manitoba, Canada, about 1:30 p.m., said Longmont, Colo., police Cmdr. Jeff Satur. The boy was found unharmed.
“We are working with the FBI on extradition and reuniting (the boy) with his mother,” Satur said. “We've been working very hard on this case since yesterday.”
Late Sunday afternoon, Satur said officials hope to reunite the child and his mother on Monday. The child is with Family Services in Canada, he said.
Police said Turner assaulted his wife at her Longmont home Saturday and left with their child, Luke Turner. A court order prohibits the father from contacting his wife and son.
Brandy Turner told the Denver Post on Saturday that when her husband began struggling with her, her son was yelling: “Please don't hurt my mommy.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Reagan shooter Hinckley closer to permanent freedom
- Holdup of AG vote cast as issue of race
- Gas pipeline explosion probed at California gun range
- GOP invokes Benghazi, Obama in ripping Clinton
- Dementia patients’ rights considered
- Federal judge who blocked Obama immigration order painted as unbiased
- Federal appeals court appears divided on Obama’s immigrant deportation shield
- Only 3 wolves left at national park on Lake Superior; moose population would skyrocket
- ‘Moore’s Law’ led to Silicon Valley of computer chips, information age
- Ohio woman finds mother, sister — at work
- Cardinal Francis George of Chicago dead at 78