Father jailed in Colo. kidnapping
DENVER — Authorities on Sunday arrested a man accused of breaking into his estranged wife's home before blasting her with a stun gun and pepper spray and kidnapping their 3-year-old son.
Monty Ray Turner was arrested without incident at a motel in Brandon, Manitoba, Canada, about 1:30 p.m., said Longmont, Colo., police Cmdr. Jeff Satur. The boy was found unharmed.
“We are working with the FBI on extradition and reuniting (the boy) with his mother,” Satur said. “We've been working very hard on this case since yesterday.”
Late Sunday afternoon, Satur said officials hope to reunite the child and his mother on Monday. The child is with Family Services in Canada, he said.
Police said Turner assaulted his wife at her Longmont home Saturday and left with their child, Luke Turner. A court order prohibits the father from contacting his wife and son.
Brandy Turner told the Denver Post on Saturday that when her husband began struggling with her, her son was yelling: “Please don't hurt my mommy.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- IBM’s Watson supercomputing system to be applied to PTSD
- Pair of NYC officers killed in ambush shooting
- Killer of New York police officers angry over Garner chokehold death, officials say
- 3-D printed prosthetics give dog ability to run
- Poor morale, training in Air Force ICBM program spur questions about usefulness as nuclear deterrent
- Document hunt to begin for illegals who need proof of residency since 2010 for permit, reprieve
- Financial fraudster used investors’ lucre to freeze dead wife, feds contend
- Teenager who attacked California Highway Patrol officer with machete shot, killed
- N.Y. reports crime decrease, credits ‘broken windows’
- 4 Afghans freed from Guantanamo
- Cat saved from California storm drain after 2 weeks