Father jailed in Colo. kidnapping
DENVER — Authorities on Sunday arrested a man accused of breaking into his estranged wife's home before blasting her with a stun gun and pepper spray and kidnapping their 3-year-old son.
Monty Ray Turner was arrested without incident at a motel in Brandon, Manitoba, Canada, about 1:30 p.m., said Longmont, Colo., police Cmdr. Jeff Satur. The boy was found unharmed.
“We are working with the FBI on extradition and reuniting (the boy) with his mother,” Satur said. “We've been working very hard on this case since yesterday.”
Late Sunday afternoon, Satur said officials hope to reunite the child and his mother on Monday. The child is with Family Services in Canada, he said.
Police said Turner assaulted his wife at her Longmont home Saturday and left with their child, Luke Turner. A court order prohibits the father from contacting his wife and son.
Brandy Turner told the Denver Post on Saturday that when her husband began struggling with her, her son was yelling: “Please don't hurt my mommy.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New York, New Jersey order 21-day quarantine of all in contact with Ebola virus
- U.S. rules out apology to Pyongyang in exchange for 2 imprisoned Americans
- Seattle area school homecoming ‘prince’ guns down classmates
- North Korea may have key to nuclear missile, general says
- Philadelphia Mafia figure returned to prison for meeting friend
- Lawyer turns down AG post
- Warhol bodyguard sued over hidden artwork
- 2 California deputies slain, suspect captured
- Hatchet attack was terror, NYPD says
- Washington city takes stock of damage from rare tornado
- Test confirms remains are missing Virginia student’s