Father jailed in Colo. kidnapping
DENVER — Authorities on Sunday arrested a man accused of breaking into his estranged wife's home before blasting her with a stun gun and pepper spray and kidnapping their 3-year-old son.
Monty Ray Turner was arrested without incident at a motel in Brandon, Manitoba, Canada, about 1:30 p.m., said Longmont, Colo., police Cmdr. Jeff Satur. The boy was found unharmed.
“We are working with the FBI on extradition and reuniting (the boy) with his mother,” Satur said. “We've been working very hard on this case since yesterday.”
Late Sunday afternoon, Satur said officials hope to reunite the child and his mother on Monday. The child is with Family Services in Canada, he said.
Police said Turner assaulted his wife at her Longmont home Saturday and left with their child, Luke Turner. A court order prohibits the father from contacting his wife and son.
Brandy Turner told the Denver Post on Saturday that when her husband began struggling with her, her son was yelling: “Please don't hurt my mommy.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- High court to weigh pregnancy work rights
- FBI investigates celebrities’ nude photo claims
- Surveillance video in Wal-Mart police killing sought
- Texas GOP lawmaker calls for end to 40-year crude oil export ban
- Ferguson police begin wearing body cameras
- Perry distances himself from unflattering image tweeted of DA
- Anti-abortion law in effect in Louisiana, with a caveat
- U.S. to get base in Niger to aid Islamist hunt
- New heart failure drug works much better than current treatment, study finds
- President’s Labor Day appearance heavy on politicking
- Pilot in Atlantic Ocean crash lost consciousness, Coast Guard says