Employees fired where Kardashian gave birth
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. — Cedars-Sinai Medical Center has fired five workers and a student research assistant for peeping at patients' private medical records in the days after reality television star Kim Kardashian gave birth to her daughter there.
The hospital declined to identify the patients involved to the Los Angeles Times, but a spokeswoman said all were notified of the breach.
The records were inappropriately accessed between June 18 and 24. Kardashian gave birth on June 15.
Representatives for Kardashian and the baby's father, rapper Kanye West, did not provide comment.
Four of those fired were employees of community physicians who have staff privileges at the hospital, one was a hospital medical assistant and one was an unpaid student research assistant.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Computer hackers’ attack on Sony ‘merits an appropriate response,’ White House says
- Federal regulators pen rules for Cuba trade, tourism
- Meningitis suspects to be freed from jail while awaiting trial in 64 deaths
- Feds design college ratings system
- West Virginia man dies after being shot with arrow in Wellsburg
- Colorado’s neighbors challenge legal pot sales
- U.S. to open embassy in Cuba soon
- NYC teenager a liar, not a penny stocks whiz worth $72M
- Boston Marathon bomb suspect Tsarnaev back in court
- Wis. girls who stabbed classmate deemed competent for trial
- Feds to sue New York City over civil rights of teen inmates in Rikers jail