Employees fired where Kardashian gave birth
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. — Cedars-Sinai Medical Center has fired five workers and a student research assistant for peeping at patients' private medical records in the days after reality television star Kim Kardashian gave birth to her daughter there.
The hospital declined to identify the patients involved to the Los Angeles Times, but a spokeswoman said all were notified of the breach.
The records were inappropriately accessed between June 18 and 24. Kardashian gave birth on June 15.
Representatives for Kardashian and the baby's father, rapper Kanye West, did not provide comment.
Four of those fired were employees of community physicians who have staff privileges at the hospital, one was a hospital medical assistant and one was an unpaid student research assistant.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police try to see if man killed by escort was linked to crimes against women
- House backs bill to help vets who’ve suffered sexual assault
- Lawyers: Immigrant mothers coerced to wear ankle monitors in Texas
- House Benghazi panel says State Department to hand over documents Tuesday
- Oklahoma court: Ten Commandments monument at Capitol must go
- Nuke arms program gets 4-star leadership
- National Security Agency to stop looking at old telephone records
- El Niño helps, harms economies
- House, Senate clash over highway funds before Friday deadline
- Outside attorneys to help investigate Bland death in Texas jail
- ‘Aggressive’ search under way for 2 Florida teens lost on fishing trip