Employees fired where Kardashian gave birth
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. — Cedars-Sinai Medical Center has fired five workers and a student research assistant for peeping at patients' private medical records in the days after reality television star Kim Kardashian gave birth to her daughter there.
The hospital declined to identify the patients involved to the Los Angeles Times, but a spokeswoman said all were notified of the breach.
The records were inappropriately accessed between June 18 and 24. Kardashian gave birth on June 15.
Representatives for Kardashian and the baby's father, rapper Kanye West, did not provide comment.
Four of those fired were employees of community physicians who have staff privileges at the hospital, one was a hospital medical assistant and one was an unpaid student research assistant.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- San Francisco blaze kills Mission District resident
- Homeland chief says cuts over immigration puts U.S. at risk
- Former Idaho National Guard soldier’s benefits claims yield indictment
- McCain to protesters: ‘Get out of here, you low-life scum’
- Darmouth, in effort to quell ‘extreme behaviors,’ bans liquor on campus
- NASA pauses to honor its fallen
- Police in South Carolina: Family killed man in custody fight
- VA plans major structure changes; Pittsburgh’s fate as regional HQ remains unclear
- Poll finds most Americans want health insurance subsidies restored if Supreme Court votes against Obamacare provision
- Pluto ready for NASA close-up
- Blizzard howls its way into Boston but largely spares NYC