Employees fired where Kardashian gave birth
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. — Cedars-Sinai Medical Center has fired five workers and a student research assistant for peeping at patients' private medical records in the days after reality television star Kim Kardashian gave birth to her daughter there.
The hospital declined to identify the patients involved to the Los Angeles Times, but a spokeswoman said all were notified of the breach.
The records were inappropriately accessed between June 18 and 24. Kardashian gave birth on June 15.
Representatives for Kardashian and the baby's father, rapper Kanye West, did not provide comment.
Four of those fired were employees of community physicians who have staff privileges at the hospital, one was a hospital medical assistant and one was an unpaid student research assistant.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Surge in small drones making airline pilots nervous
- Boston airport’s ‘naked man’ remains behind bars
- Many older people silently harbor gene mutation that could start them on the path to blood cancer
- Fissures begin to emerge among Dems
- National Guard reinforcements contain damage in Ferguson
- Test vaccine to fight Ebola promising
- Liberal Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg has stent placed in heart artery
- House ethics panel defers campaign finance investigation of New York Rep. Grimm
- Obama’s immigration actions neglect business pleas
- Fewer adults smoking, U.S. survey finds
- In Ferguson, demonstrations over black youth’s slaying by police officer peter out