Employees fired where Kardashian gave birth
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. — Cedars-Sinai Medical Center has fired five workers and a student research assistant for peeping at patients' private medical records in the days after reality television star Kim Kardashian gave birth to her daughter there.
The hospital declined to identify the patients involved to the Los Angeles Times, but a spokeswoman said all were notified of the breach.
The records were inappropriately accessed between June 18 and 24. Kardashian gave birth on June 15.
Representatives for Kardashian and the baby's father, rapper Kanye West, did not provide comment.
Four of those fired were employees of community physicians who have staff privileges at the hospital, one was a hospital medical assistant and one was an unpaid student research assistant.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Officials: 1 dead, 3 wounded in Northern Arizona University shooting
- Officials: Broken rail caused February W.V. train derailment
- Dozens of terror plots disrupted in America, FBI claims
- McCarthy drops out as GOP speaker candidate in shocker
- Ex-CEO of Chicago Public Schools to plead guilty to $23 million kickback scheme
- Civil servants’ pay, benefits exceed private-sector counterparts, Cato study finds
- California vineyards skip irrigation amid drought
- McCarthy withdraws candidacy for speaker
- FDA sued for failing to regulate salt in food
- Alaska to feel remnants of former Hurricane Oho
- Longtime Mars lakes tantalize NASA scientists