Employees fired where Kardashian gave birth
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. — Cedars-Sinai Medical Center has fired five workers and a student research assistant for peeping at patients' private medical records in the days after reality television star Kim Kardashian gave birth to her daughter there.
The hospital declined to identify the patients involved to the Los Angeles Times, but a spokeswoman said all were notified of the breach.
The records were inappropriately accessed between June 18 and 24. Kardashian gave birth on June 15.
Representatives for Kardashian and the baby's father, rapper Kanye West, did not provide comment.
Four of those fired were employees of community physicians who have staff privileges at the hospital, one was a hospital medical assistant and one was an unpaid student research assistant.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Supreme Court allows Obamacare’s Medicare costs board to stand
- Global warming is slowing down the circulation of the oceans — with potentially dire consequences
- Highway Patrol: 8 dead, 10 injured when Florida van crashes
- Despite high gas costs, Northeast resistant to pipelines
- JetBlue computer outage causes delays for passengers
- Drownings in Rio Grande spike as enforcement surges
- Obama ready to fight GOP for education funding in budget
- American crash victims: U.S. government contractor, daughter
- Bergdahl, speaking for 1st time, claims 12 attempts to flee Taliban
- Blast collapses NYC apartments, injures 12
- Report: Prepare to drill for oil in Arctic