Employees fired where Kardashian gave birth
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. — Cedars-Sinai Medical Center has fired five workers and a student research assistant for peeping at patients' private medical records in the days after reality television star Kim Kardashian gave birth to her daughter there.
The hospital declined to identify the patients involved to the Los Angeles Times, but a spokeswoman said all were notified of the breach.
The records were inappropriately accessed between June 18 and 24. Kardashian gave birth on June 15.
Representatives for Kardashian and the baby's father, rapper Kanye West, did not provide comment.
Four of those fired were employees of community physicians who have staff privileges at the hospital, one was a hospital medical assistant and one was an unpaid student research assistant.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Coast Guard to seek billions to protect Arctic interests
- Immigration work permits could rise under contract
- Ferguson slaying of Brown reconstructed in county autopsy
- Coburn’s final ‘Wastebook’ tallies $25B in what he considers ‘pork’
- Captive freed by North Korea enjoys tearful reunion in Ohio
- Social Security recipients to get increase in benefits
- Personal use of Secret Service agents on staffer’s behalf draws investigaton
- Academic scandal at University of North Carolina bigger than previously reported
- Security at Capitol questioned
- Man caught jumping White House fence
- 4 private security guards convicted