Employees fired where Kardashian gave birth
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. — Cedars-Sinai Medical Center has fired five workers and a student research assistant for peeping at patients' private medical records in the days after reality television star Kim Kardashian gave birth to her daughter there.
The hospital declined to identify the patients involved to the Los Angeles Times, but a spokeswoman said all were notified of the breach.
The records were inappropriately accessed between June 18 and 24. Kardashian gave birth on June 15.
Representatives for Kardashian and the baby's father, rapper Kanye West, did not provide comment.
Four of those fired were employees of community physicians who have staff privileges at the hospital, one was a hospital medical assistant and one was an unpaid student research assistant.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Civil War-era soldier to be buried with full military honors
- Former quadriplegic runs, walks to show others they can
- Houthis capture at least 4 U.S. citizens
- Nivolumab shines in fighting cancerous lung tumors in immunotherapy regimen
- FBI says lab errors extend to 1999
- Thousands attend B.B. King viewing
- H3N2 dog flu not cause for panic, experts say
- Legal battle over Brazilian emerald likely at end
- Tar balls wash ashore in California
- Defense chief says U.S. can fly over South China Sea
- Lawyer argues in New York court that chimpanzees have same rights as humans