Employees fired where Kardashian gave birth
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. — Cedars-Sinai Medical Center has fired five workers and a student research assistant for peeping at patients' private medical records in the days after reality television star Kim Kardashian gave birth to her daughter there.
The hospital declined to identify the patients involved to the Los Angeles Times, but a spokeswoman said all were notified of the breach.
The records were inappropriately accessed between June 18 and 24. Kardashian gave birth on June 15.
Representatives for Kardashian and the baby's father, rapper Kanye West, did not provide comment.
Four of those fired were employees of community physicians who have staff privileges at the hospital, one was a hospital medical assistant and one was an unpaid student research assistant.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 121 tourists stranded on schooner near Statue of Liberty
- Pentagon program seeks to retain U.S. technological edge against foreign rivals
- Authorities in California search for 5 jail escapees
- GOP senators fret U.S. would let Iran disconnect, not scrap, centrifuges
- White House intrusions reveal problems with security, Secret Service
- Ticks reduce moose population in northern states
- Hurricane shattered Charleston, S.C., tested mayor 25 years ago
- Strong rip currents kill 2 men in Ocean City
- White House targets sexual assaults on college campuses
- Pope picks moderate to be Chicago archbishop
- New DNA testing in twins welcomed by prosecutors