Heroin, alcohol blamed in 'Glee' actor's death
“Glee” actor Cory Monteith, who had struggled for years with substance abuse and once said he was lucky to be alive, died of an overdose of heroin and alcohol, the British Columbia coroner's office said on Tuesday.
“There is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith's death was anything other than a most tragic accident,” the office.
The 31-year-old was found dead in his Vancouver, British Columbia, hotel room on Saturday when he didn't check out on time. He was believed to have been alone when he died. Hotel video and electronic records indicate he returned to his room by himself early Saturday.
Police said the coroner's report didn't indicate the levels of heroin or alcohol in his system. They ruled out foul play.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- ‘Crisis mode’ near at U.S.-Mexico line as nearly 5,000 children try to cross border in October
- Obama signs $607B Defense bill but blasts GOP limits for Gitmo
- Obama: No credible intelligence about terror plot against US
- Peanut glut poses hefty bailout tab for taxpayers
- New Hampshire cancer patient gets permission to travel to Maine for medical pot
- Barrier nears completion in Indiana marsh to keep Asian carp from Great Lakes
- Foreign policy expert: Obama administration should create Syria safe areas
- Los Angeles-based water agency’s land buy rattles California farmers
- Self-driving vehicles closer to getting green light as feds ease stance
- Email address gives FBI lead on record theft of user IDs, passwords
- For Baltimore undertaker, ‘homicide is becoming my normal’