2-year-old subject of Amber Alert still missing from Rhode Island home
OHNSTON, R.I. — A 2-year-old boy kidnapped from a Rhode Island home where police made an early morning discovery of two bodies was found on Sunday night “in good health,” police said.
Johnston Deputy Police Chief Daniel Parrillo said the boy was found in Providence, but he would not provide any other details.
The search for the boy, Isaiah Perez, began after the two bodies were discovered about 5:20 a.m. at a home in Johnston, a town of 30,000 residents less than 10 miles from Providence. Two men were arrested in the double homicide and Isaiah's abduction, while police had continued their search “any place and every place” for the child, Parrillo said.
Parrillo said investigators believe the two were killed between 4:30 a.m. and 5 a.m. and the boy was taken from the home. The names of the two dead were not immediately released.
By the afternoon, Malcolm Crowell, 22, was arrested in Fall River, Mass., and Daniel Rodriguez, 27 or 28, was arrested that evening in Providence, Parrillo said. Both suspects are from Providence, but Parillo would not say why police suspect the two or how they are related to each other or to the victims.
Investigators were working to determine the relationships among the boy, his abductor and the two homicide victims. Parrillo said it was unclear whether the boy's abductor was living in the home, was a guest or was uninvited.
“What he was doing there, we have no idea,” Parrillo said earlier in the day. “We don't believe the child was harmed, and we're just hoping that he will be safely returned.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Giant hole forms near golf course
- Senate OKs fast-track trade bill sought by Obama
- Obama reaches out to Jewish community
- Couple pleads not guilty in Kentucky bourbon thefts
- Senate still works on NSA proposal as deadline nears
- Cuban talks to continue
- Police officials rethink approach to training
- As oil production soars, so do pipeline leaks
- Coal’s worst fears affirmed in analysis of Obama climate plan
- 28 evacuated as fire hits oil platform off Louisiana coast
- D.C. mansion murder suspect had help, police say