Lucky cat in Juneau falls 11 stories, survives
JUNEAU — A house cat in Alaska learned the hard way not to chase mosquitoes after following one out a window and falling 11 stories.
The 2-year-old cat, named Wasabi, survived but suffered a fractured leg and broken bones.
The Juneau Empire reports the cat was chasing the mosquito Monday in her owners' apartment in Juneau, about two blocks from the state Capitol.
The mosquito escaped out a window, and Wasabi went after it. Stephanie Gustafson says her mother watched the female cat fall.
Wasabi landed in a parking lot, and Gustafson found her huddled nearby, bloody and wet from rain.
The cat underwent an operation and has pins and wires holding together her fractured leg and broken bones in a joint. She is sporting a pink cast.
Gustafson says Wasabi is expected to heal in about six weeks.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Big Bang ‘waves’ go poof under analysis
- Secretary of State Kerry says Cuba talks offer chance to improve lives
- NASA satellite to track water in soil
- Internet rules in line for big shift
- ‘Drink of the Devil’ unites formerly feuding families
- Accused Kennedy killer’s casket must go to brother, judge rules
- Hillary Clinton’s charter jet costs scrutinized
- Drivers, return to your car dealers for 2nd airbag fix
- Balloonists smash records with trans-Pacific flight
- Colorado to clarify benefit limits over concern welfare, food stamps used to buy legal pot
- Prospective juror in Tsarnaev trial cites sympathy for suspect in Boston Marathon bombing