Lucky cat in Juneau falls 11 stories, survives
JUNEAU — A house cat in Alaska learned the hard way not to chase mosquitoes after following one out a window and falling 11 stories.
The 2-year-old cat, named Wasabi, survived but suffered a fractured leg and broken bones.
The Juneau Empire reports the cat was chasing the mosquito Monday in her owners' apartment in Juneau, about two blocks from the state Capitol.
The mosquito escaped out a window, and Wasabi went after it. Stephanie Gustafson says her mother watched the female cat fall.
Wasabi landed in a parking lot, and Gustafson found her huddled nearby, bloody and wet from rain.
The cat underwent an operation and has pins and wires holding together her fractured leg and broken bones in a joint. She is sporting a pink cast.
Gustafson says Wasabi is expected to heal in about six weeks.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Autistic twin men locked up in Maryland home
- Man convicted of enslaving woman gets 30 years
- Teen admits targeting Albuquerque transients, police say
- Johns Hopkins will pay $190 million to settle hidden camera lawsuit
- ‘Slenderman’ attack victim receives Purple Heart from anonymous well wisher
- Tsarnaev’s friend convicted in Boston Marathon bombing
- Beef industry’s environmental footprint bigger than pork, poultry, eggs, dairy, study finds
- Ex-insurance executive accused in plot to kill judge
- Military contractor admits selling government $10M in phony parts
- Ohio teen athlete’s death prompts warning about caffeine powder
- Medical pot could bring Fla. tax revenue windfall