Lucky cat in Juneau falls 11 stories, survives
JUNEAU — A house cat in Alaska learned the hard way not to chase mosquitoes after following one out a window and falling 11 stories.
The 2-year-old cat, named Wasabi, survived but suffered a fractured leg and broken bones.
The Juneau Empire reports the cat was chasing the mosquito Monday in her owners' apartment in Juneau, about two blocks from the state Capitol.
The mosquito escaped out a window, and Wasabi went after it. Stephanie Gustafson says her mother watched the female cat fall.
Wasabi landed in a parking lot, and Gustafson found her huddled nearby, bloody and wet from rain.
The cat underwent an operation and has pins and wires holding together her fractured leg and broken bones in a joint. She is sporting a pink cast.
Gustafson says Wasabi is expected to heal in about six weeks.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New York farmers lament lost opportunity for natural gas riches with fracking ban
- Police: NYC cop killer invited people to watch shooting
- Coal mines near record low in worker deaths
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by to watch
- Georgia prosecutor Yates tapped for No. 2 post in Justice Department
- New York City subways slowly upgrading from 1930s-era technology
- Florida officer slain; 1 charged
- Nativity scene placed by Satanic display at Michigan Capitol
- Government survey: More teens trying out e-cigarettes than real thing
- Gray wolf decision reversed
- IBM’s Watson supercomputing system to be applied to PTSD