Lucky cat in Juneau falls 11 stories, survives
JUNEAU — A house cat in Alaska learned the hard way not to chase mosquitoes after following one out a window and falling 11 stories.
The 2-year-old cat, named Wasabi, survived but suffered a fractured leg and broken bones.
The Juneau Empire reports the cat was chasing the mosquito Monday in her owners' apartment in Juneau, about two blocks from the state Capitol.
The mosquito escaped out a window, and Wasabi went after it. Stephanie Gustafson says her mother watched the female cat fall.
Wasabi landed in a parking lot, and Gustafson found her huddled nearby, bloody and wet from rain.
The cat underwent an operation and has pins and wires holding together her fractured leg and broken bones in a joint. She is sporting a pink cast.
Gustafson says Wasabi is expected to heal in about six weeks.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- High court to weigh pregnancy work rights
- Texas GOP lawmaker calls for end to 40-year crude oil export ban
- U.S. to get base in Niger to aid Islamist hunt
- Surveillance video in Wal-Mart police killing sought
- Ferguson police begin wearing body cameras
- FBI investigates celebrities’ nude photo claims
- Perry distances himself from unflattering image tweeted of DA
- President’s Labor Day appearance heavy on politicking
- Anti-abortion law in effect in Louisiana, with a caveat
- New heart failure drug works much better than current treatment, study finds
- Audio of Mo. shooting emerges, said to be authentic