Lucky cat in Juneau falls 11 stories, survives
JUNEAU — A house cat in Alaska learned the hard way not to chase mosquitoes after following one out a window and falling 11 stories.
The 2-year-old cat, named Wasabi, survived but suffered a fractured leg and broken bones.
The Juneau Empire reports the cat was chasing the mosquito Monday in her owners' apartment in Juneau, about two blocks from the state Capitol.
The mosquito escaped out a window, and Wasabi went after it. Stephanie Gustafson says her mother watched the female cat fall.
Wasabi landed in a parking lot, and Gustafson found her huddled nearby, bloody and wet from rain.
The cat underwent an operation and has pins and wires holding together her fractured leg and broken bones in a joint. She is sporting a pink cast.
Gustafson says Wasabi is expected to heal in about six weeks.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- U.S. has urged legal reforms abroad to block Islamic State recruits
- VA Phoenix social worker on leave for Halloween costume
- Video prompts calls for probe of Chicago police
- Los Angeles-based water agency’s land buy rattles California farmers
- Email address gives FBI lead on record theft of user IDs, passwords
- Fla. turkey seeks divine intervention
- Obama: No credible intelligence about terror plot against US
- Peanut glut poses hefty bailout tab for taxpayers
- U.S. troops suspended in airstrike on Afghan hospital
- Ads for Nazi-themed show pulled from NYC subways