Swift opens $4M education center
NASHVILLE — It might as well be Taylor Swift weekend in Music City.
The pop star opened her $4 million Taylor Swift Education Center at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum and accepted her sixth songwriter-artist of the year award from Nashville Songwriters Association International on Sunday.
She cut the ribbon on the education center she donated to the museum as part of its expansion campaign and showed off the classroom and exhibit space before the museum opened.
“I'm really excited about this music education center and the fact that, right now, they have three different classes going on today,” Swift said.
— From wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Obama avoids calling terrorist attacks ‘Islamice_SSRq
- Executive order directs standards to reflect climate change projections
- Teen girl Hernandez killed by Denver police once cited for resisting arrest
- Alpha to idle two West Virginia coal mines
- Tickets let players bring home bacon — scent
- Day, night 4-digit drawings match
- Mideast-North Africa category considered for 2020 Census
- Judge orders nonprofit tax form release in case against IRS
- Former GOP nominee Romney will not run for president in ’16
- Pittsburgh travelers feel effects of Northeast blizzard
- Orcas could land on endangered list