Swift opens $4M education center
NASHVILLE — It might as well be Taylor Swift weekend in Music City.
The pop star opened her $4 million Taylor Swift Education Center at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum and accepted her sixth songwriter-artist of the year award from Nashville Songwriters Association International on Sunday.
She cut the ribbon on the education center she donated to the museum as part of its expansion campaign and showed off the classroom and exhibit space before the museum opened.
“I'm really excited about this music education center and the fact that, right now, they have three different classes going on today,” Swift said.
— From wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Latest Ferguson protests are smaller, more subdued
- Scathing report says college trustees fail in mission
- ISIS beheads American
- Health care data breaches hit 30M patients and counting
- NRA’s ad campaign targets Bloomberg’s push to unify advocates of gun control
- Ex-Va. first lady sought credit for loan, sister-in-law says
- Grand jury to hear evidence in Missouri shooting
- Agency makes high-tech push to improve military vehicles
- Simple changes — nicotine drug, phone calls for reassurance — found to help more smokers stop
- Irwin native among military personnel kept waiting for return of personal vehicle
- Perry defiant at booking