Swift opens $4M education center
NASHVILLE — It might as well be Taylor Swift weekend in Music City.
The pop star opened her $4 million Taylor Swift Education Center at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum and accepted her sixth songwriter-artist of the year award from Nashville Songwriters Association International on Sunday.
She cut the ribbon on the education center she donated to the museum as part of its expansion campaign and showed off the classroom and exhibit space before the museum opened.
“I'm really excited about this music education center and the fact that, right now, they have three different classes going on today,” Swift said.
— From wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Presley’s planes will remain at Graceland
- Severe storm with tornado roars into north Texas
- Supreme Court leans toward legalizing gay marriage nationally
- McCain renews push to have military, not CIA, manage drone strikes
- At New York City rally, United States urged to acknowledge slaughter of Armenians as genocide
- Mourners attend Baltimore man’s wake
- High morale linked to longer survival among elderly
- House demands details of Taliban detainees swap for Bergdahl
- Administration turns up heat on Medicaid expansion
- Magma chamber spied under Yellowstone volcano
- Oregon mulls law limiting antibiotic use on livestock