Swift opens $4M education center
NASHVILLE — It might as well be Taylor Swift weekend in Music City.
The pop star opened her $4 million Taylor Swift Education Center at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum and accepted her sixth songwriter-artist of the year award from Nashville Songwriters Association International on Sunday.
She cut the ribbon on the education center she donated to the museum as part of its expansion campaign and showed off the classroom and exhibit space before the museum opened.
“I'm really excited about this music education center and the fact that, right now, they have three different classes going on today,” Swift said.
— From wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New Orleans slow to heal 10 years after Hurricane Katrina
- Deputy fatally shot from behind at Houston gas station
- Thousands in New Orleans became targets of unscrupulous contractors
- Prosecutors won’t retry North Carolina police officer in black man’s death
- Clinton: Women ‘expect’ extremism from terrorists, not GOP candidates
- ‘Facts are bad’ for pier-shooting defendant, legal experts say
- Hawaii coral reefs under observation as dangerous bleaching expected again soon
- Zookeepers optimistic about National Zoo panda twins’ survival
- Obama opens climate change tour
- U.S. Embassy to Japan used private emails, watchdog finds
- Suspect in 1996 Khobar Towers bombing arrested