Swift opens $4M education center
NASHVILLE — It might as well be Taylor Swift weekend in Music City.
The pop star opened her $4 million Taylor Swift Education Center at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum and accepted her sixth songwriter-artist of the year award from Nashville Songwriters Association International on Sunday.
She cut the ribbon on the education center she donated to the museum as part of its expansion campaign and showed off the classroom and exhibit space before the museum opened.
“I'm really excited about this music education center and the fact that, right now, they have three different classes going on today,” Swift said.
— From wire reports
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Georgia prosecutor Yates tapped for No. 2 post in Justice Department
- Police: NYC cop killer invited people to watch shooting
- Coal mines near record low in worker deaths
- New York farmers lament lost opportunity for natural gas riches with fracking ban
- Nativity scene placed by Satanic display at Michigan Capitol
- Ghostly snailfish found at record depth
- IBM’s Watson supercomputing system to be applied to PTSD
- California downpours arrive with lightning
- U.S., Cuba patching torn relations with historic accord
- West Virginia man dies after being shot with arrow in Wellsburg
- Smoking, drinking falls off among teens, but not drug use