Swift opens $4M education center
By The Associated Press
Published: Monday, Oct. 14, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
NASHVILLE — It might as well be Taylor Swift weekend in Music City.
The pop star opened her $4 million Taylor Swift Education Center at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum and accepted her sixth songwriter-artist of the year award from Nashville Songwriters Association International on Sunday.
She cut the ribbon on the education center she donated to the museum as part of its expansion campaign and showed off the classroom and exhibit space before the museum opened.
“I'm really excited about this music education center and the fact that, right now, they have three different classes going on today,” Swift said.
— From wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- After bombs, Boston Marathon under tight security
- Shale oil, gas drilling boom wins favor with labor unions, thwarting environmentalists
- Teen OK after riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- Art from ‘Dick and Jane’ series set for auction
- Colorado deaths stoke marijuana worries
- Remains of boy, son of Canonsburg native, found in mudslide
- Washington’s snowy owl recovers from apparent bus crash, returns to wild
- Warnings on youths, codeine unheeded; lack of effectiveness, dangers had been raised
- Seafood study: Up to 32 percent imported to U.S. is caught illegally
- Navy endorses 24-hour sleep cycle for sailors
- Postal Service overhaul expected to appeal to Dems