Yahoo said to be wooing Couric
NEW YORK — Katie Couric's next move appears to be online.
An ABC News executive, who requested anonymity because talks are not complete, said on Friday that the veteran news anchor has an opportunity at Yahoo that is too good to pass up.
Couric has been working at ABC News, but published reports have said that Yahoo is seeking her to host an interview show to be aired on the company's website.
A spokesman for Couric declined to comment on Friday.
Couric is in her second season on an ABC daytime show, which is not expected to be renewed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Snowstorm crawls up coast, hitting New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, parts of Pennsylvania
- Marine Corps’ general outlines priorities, vision
- Gunfire kills 3 at party in vacant house in Omaha
- Police search finds no bombs on planes at Atlanta airport
- Pluto ready for NASA close-up
- Fort Hood shooter flew under radar, Army says
- Washington may bump legal smoking age to 21 from 18
- Ex-W.Va. guidance counselor sentenced on drug charge
- Mannequin on billboard in Iowa spurs calls to 911
- High-value detainees allowed family calls
- Boy, 13, arrested in fatal stabbing at David Wark Griffith Middle School in East Los Angeles