Yahoo said to be wooing Couric
NEW YORK — Katie Couric's next move appears to be online.
An ABC News executive, who requested anonymity because talks are not complete, said on Friday that the veteran news anchor has an opportunity at Yahoo that is too good to pass up.
Couric has been working at ABC News, but published reports have said that Yahoo is seeking her to host an interview show to be aired on the company's website.
A spokesman for Couric declined to comment on Friday.
Couric is in her second season on an ABC daytime show, which is not expected to be renewed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Bergdahl, speaking for 1st time, claims 12 attempts to flee Taliban
- Report: DEA prostitutes paid by cartel
- Tractor-trailer hits construction beams over Interstate 35 in Texas
- Watchdog: Policy over visas broke, but not law
- Global warming is slowing down the circulation of the oceans — with potentially dire consequences
- Special operations troops are denied commercial intelligence analysis software for missions
- Damaged Jersey shore pier to be rebuilt
- Big croc predated dinosaurs, roamed North Carolina region
- Feds arrest guardsman, cousin for terror plot on military facility
- $140M Picasso likely to set auction record
- Oklahomans devastated, yet grateful, amid twister cleanup