Yahoo said to be wooing Couric
NEW YORK — Katie Couric's next move appears to be online.
An ABC News executive, who requested anonymity because talks are not complete, said on Friday that the veteran news anchor has an opportunity at Yahoo that is too good to pass up.
Couric has been working at ABC News, but published reports have said that Yahoo is seeking her to host an interview show to be aired on the company's website.
A spokesman for Couric declined to comment on Friday.
Couric is in her second season on an ABC daytime show, which is not expected to be renewed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ohio got DEA approval to import lethal-injection drugs
- Santorum charter flight tab broke $400K
- Lion cubs jump hurdles in Gaza Strip in journey to Jordan sanctuary
- Illegal immigrants stay in shift of policies
- Diebold, heirs of Prohibition agent Ness squabble over stock find
- Record-breaking solar-powered plane lands in Hawaii after flight from Japan
- Hiring freeze, budget cuts put West Virginia on better footing
- Advocate pushes IRS on nonprofits’ tax forms
- Study: Scant evidence that medical marijuana helps many illnesses
- Former Los Angeles police officer who killed shares lessons
- Solar-powered plane crosses Pacific Ocean