Yahoo said to be wooing Couric
NEW YORK — Katie Couric's next move appears to be online.
An ABC News executive, who requested anonymity because talks are not complete, said on Friday that the veteran news anchor has an opportunity at Yahoo that is too good to pass up.
Couric has been working at ABC News, but published reports have said that Yahoo is seeking her to host an interview show to be aired on the company's website.
A spokesman for Couric declined to comment on Friday.
Couric is in her second season on an ABC daytime show, which is not expected to be renewed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Simple changes — nicotine drug, phone calls for reassurance — found to help more smokers stop
- ISIS beheads American photojournalist who was kidnapped 2 years ago in Syria
- Scathing report says college trustees fail in mission
- Daughters more diligent than sons about elder care, study says
- Latest Ferguson protests are smaller, more subdued
- Fuel oil spills into Ohio River
- Grand jury to hear evidence in Missouri shooting
- Monsoon rains wreak havoc in Arizona
- Agency makes high-tech push to improve military vehicles
- Health care data breaches hit 30M patients and counting
- NRA’s ad campaign targets Bloomberg’s push to unify advocates of gun control