Yahoo said to be wooing Couric
NEW YORK — Katie Couric's next move appears to be online.
An ABC News executive, who requested anonymity because talks are not complete, said on Friday that the veteran news anchor has an opportunity at Yahoo that is too good to pass up.
Couric has been working at ABC News, but published reports have said that Yahoo is seeking her to host an interview show to be aired on the company's website.
A spokesman for Couric declined to comment on Friday.
Couric is in her second season on an ABC daytime show, which is not expected to be renewed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Community lines streets as students return to class in Roseburg
- Dell buying EMC in a transaction valued at about $67 billion
- Supreme Court to consider reprieve for teens who kill
- Tennessee bill seeks to curtail teaching of ‘religious doctrine’
- El Niño storms might not be savior for Calif.
- Half Moon Bay contest dubs 1,969-pound pumpkin the plumpest
- House’s Flores will seek speakership if Ryan doesn’t
- Stocks up before earnings reports
- Army budget cuts stretch forces thin, threaten readiness, secretary says during conference
- Wyoming fire forces evacuations
- Lawmaker seeks ban on LGBT ‘conversion therapy’ in New Hampshire